June 14 Operation Day!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gongel

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-05-31

June 14 Operation Day! Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 14 Operation Day!   June 14 Operation Day! EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016, 1:15 pm

ALL DONE AND DUSTED!!!!

Today is day 3 post-op. Came home yesterday, happy days!
Back to top Go down
gongel

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-05-31

June 14 Operation Day! Empty
PostSubject: June 14 Operation Day!   June 14 Operation Day! EmptyTue 31 May 2016, 4:09 pm

June 14 Operation Day! 355206

Two weeks to go and I feel excited and nervous. 

To give some background about myself, I had my lap band surgery in 2007. It was very successful for me. Pre lap band weight was 104KG and I got down to 65KG. My surgeon was Dr Leon Cohen at Mercy Bariatrics in Perth WA. In 2013 I noticed I was gaining weight. A family member who also has a lap band recommend I see their surgeon for fills - Dr Sue Taylor at Western Surgical. I thought 'why not' and booked an appointment. I wish I hadn't because I was messed around with. I never really felt comfortable. I saw her about 5 times for fills because the weight wasn't dropping. One time when I walked into her office she told me that I looked great, but when I got on the scales I had gained 5KG. I discussed my concerns the band wasn't working and wanted to know about getting a sleeve to which I was told a sleeve wouldn't be necessary, and that she was happy to keep trying with the band until we got the fill right. I thought stuff this, my time and money is being wasted. I decided to see my surgeon Dr Cohen, booked an appointment, and within 5 minutes of the examination he could tell the band was leaking and had been for some time. I had a scan (barium fluid fill) which confirmed it. I was SO relieved to have an answer, but equally pissed at how I should have just gone straight to Cohen. I could finally start planning the next step. My band needed to come out and Dr Cohen was happy to do the sleeve for me.

I had my band removed on March 15, 2016 and have recovered nicely. My sleeve surgery is on June 14, 2016 - 3 months after the band removal (recommended time after band removal with Dr Cohen). I have to do the VLCD for two weeks prior to the operation and today I started. I'm using OptiSlim. I actually started having the OptiSlim shakes last week, making a few VLCD meals. Slowly transitioning into it, however today I have followed it thoroughly. I found it hard but really remind myself as to why I had to stick with it. My current weight is 125KG. 

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the surgery. I do feel nervous as the date gets closer. I'm positive that it will be fine though. I'm glad I've found this forum to talk to others that are going through it at the same time. Would love to hear from any others that are with the same surgeon, maybe even having surgery around the same time. 

Cheers.

fart
Back to top Go down

June 14 Operation Day!
Page 1 of 1