Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How much did you eat before the operation?

Go down 
+5
Diafol
wendy.stewart54
Kaz23
Libby
PiercedMumma08
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

How much did you eat before the operation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 1:02 pm

Thanks Cuddly Kat thats my 2 grandsons in the pic they will be 10 and 4 this year
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 12:59 pm

Sorry to hear about that Sue. I'm glad you are running about with your grandkids (grandkids!! you don't look old enough in your photo!!) and have a healthy attitude towards what can be achieved with the sleeve.

Wendy - I'm a recovering binge eater. The sleeve has helped me lose 40 kilos by restricting my meals and I eat a fairly healthy brekkie, lunch & dinner in smaller quantities now & this weight loss has inspired me to make healthier morn & aft tea choices like yoghurt, fruit etc. I'm still struggling with the ice cream, choc and chips (mainly after dinner and w/end choices) and my weight loss has stopped about 10k short of where I want it to be but I have started exercising again and I'm working on cutting down on the nutritional devils I have been consuming to try & increase my health, not necessarily to lose weight. Like any addict (and I do believe that food is an addiction) I still struggle with it but my weight is holding steady and I simply cannot overeat in the same way I did pre-op so I hope this reassures people who think they might fail in some way with the sleeve. Unfortunately though, the sleeve while I consider it a HUGE success for me, is only a tool and you have to do a fair amount of work on your head and emotional eating issues to decrease unnecessary high calorie food choices from your diet.

I guess 9 mths out, I'm a lot like Libby's comments. On a bad day I may be able to eat some ice cream but I will never be able to eat ice cream, choc, chips etc like I did pre-op AND I think the amounts and frequency of 'bingeing' has decreased as my weight has gone down as I am beginning to like myself more and feel better & more confident as a person.
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 12:47 pm

Ive been sleeved for nearly 2 years i havent got to goal and im a grazer i lost the majority of my weight in the first 6months
then things went down in my personal life my father was very ill and died and my ex beat the crap out of me im still trying to cope with all this plus some very dear friends that have been very ill still here at the moment and a couple that have died
i dont know that i will get to goal cause i graze i need to get my head in the right space to get back into losing and to stop grazing I would eat before i was sleeved due to depression alot i cant eatr to that degree anymore
Il never say the sleeve hasnt worked for me cause it has not to goal but that is my fault so you still need to watch wat you eat the sleeve is only a tool im wrapped i dont have diabetes anymore i dont have high cholestral anymore so im not a skinny minny but i can run with my grankids play and carry on with them its great im healthy for that im grateful i still have deamons to deal with i will get there

hugs Sue How much did you eat before the operation? 63412
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 11:19 am

The reality is that big eaters do best with the sleeve. Far far better than small meal eating grazers. This is why the sleeve is like a magic charm to guys as this is how most ate before surgery.

What you have to learn is to chew well swollow put your fork down between bites and wait a minute before the next. this gives you a chance of working out when you are full.

I will say tho guys are the ones more prone to over eating and throwing up after a sleeve to start with. They do learn, all of them eventually. My husband was a shocker making him not shovel that food in his face without even chewing it took MONTHS of nagging. Even now he occasionally woofs down his food before waiting to feel he is full and that is more than 2 years out.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Diafol

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 10:36 am

Hey Wendy,

Before my surgery and before I began to get serious and try and lose some weight I was a major overeater/binge eater. I mean I could eat 3 meals in 1 sitting easily and have done, I was a shocker. I thought that my addiction/compulsion to eat might be my downfall and affect the sleeve somehow or even if the Dr would do the surgery with my overeating. After surgery I am having roughly half a cup of food for each meal and anymore than that I would be sick. I can only speak for myself but I have not had the hunger that use to consume my days. I am very satisfied with my half cup of food and I am also soft drink free and just dont feel the need for it now, hope my experience helps you in some way.....Lee
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 10:27 am

Piercedmumma I definitely was like you prior to surgery. I know you can't fathom it at the moment but after surgery you won't believe how easy it is coz you just can't eat as much as you used to.
Wendy I still stand by the open pantry/fridge door wondering what to munch on but know that if I do grab the large packet of crisps out of the cupboard that I can literaly only eat 1 or 2 handfuls not the whole packet. Yes, over the space of a whole day, I could probably still eat a whole packet but that would be the extent of my splurge unlike previously when I would have had a whole packet of crisps maybe with a tub of dip then a block of chocolate, a cake etc etc the list goes on.
Don't worry ladies....this works, OMG does it work.
How much did you eat before the operation? 217555
Back to top Go down
wendy.stewart54

Female
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 10:15 am

OK, I know that my meals will be smaller, but now sometimes (often) I stand in front of the open pantry door and eat... even though not hungry. Does that need stop?
Thanks, Wendy
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 10:06 am

Ok so did you guys feel like me at one stage when you were pre op?
Back to top Go down
Kaz23

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-11-23

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 10:04 am

As Libby said...if you overeat after the sleeve you WILL vomit. Believe me I have done it and it hurts like hell.

I was sleeved 5 weeks ago and have made several mistakes like drinking too soon after eating or putting just one extra spoonful in and it all comes back up. The pain is horrible. I won't do that again in a hurry.

I was also a huge eater and would go eat on top of already being full. I am constantly amazed at how little I eat now and how I am satisfied by that little amount.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 9:46 am

Awww, Libby, thanks for that.... I guess its hard for me to believe it's possible when Im so heavy, and well, addicted well and truly to over eating.

I said something to my partner and smiled at him....and he said to me "you haven't smiled like that at me since we met". How much did you eat before the operation? 32773 I didn't realise. And I love him with all my heart. He's saved me and I love him....but i know why i dont smile- because i dont like me.

*sigh* Its all a bit much today. Im worried about affording the surgery, Im worried they will say i earn too much for the super.... i just dont know. I WANT this and I WANT this now!

Nat
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 9:41 am

Believe me. After the sleeve you will not be able to even put 1 more mouthful in once your tiny tummy is ful. It is extremely painful and you will vomit. I tested the boundaries when I was first sleeved by having that one more bite. I vomited almost daily for the first couple of weeks until my head finally caught up with the small amount that I should have been eating.

That is why this surgery WILL work for you.

How much did you eat before the operation? 217555
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female

PostSubject: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? EmptyMon 26 Apr 2010, 9:36 am

Hi guys,

As you know im pre sleeve, and Im always worrying about how the surgery will work for me (like im always worrying i will fail at it).

I just had the most gigantic dinner, and even though I felt full, I still polished of another potato, even though i was completely full- painfully full.

How is this going to be different after I have the sleeve? What worried me is now, when i feel full, i can still eat- alot. I eat when im not hungry. I KNOW i shouldnt over eat but i do. I just can't help it. I just am worried that this will still be the problem AFTER the sleeve.

Someone reassure me, please!

How is it not going to be possible to do it? How do i change the "just one more bite" thing?

I dont think I can put into words how much i WANT this to work.... I DONT want to live this way anymore.

So if you are post sleeve, can you please tell me if you were like this before your sleeve and how you overcame this?

Thanks... maybe i should change my screen name to WorryWart

Nat xoxoxoxox

Last edited by PiercedMumma08 on Mon 26 Apr 2010, 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much did you eat before the operation?   How much did you eat before the operation? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much did you eat before the operation?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: