AuthorMessage
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

Soft Food stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Food stage?   Soft Food stage? EmptySun 28 Feb 2016, 3:53 am

I think you're doing fine, Kiki. If you're tolerating it then you must be okay. My die titan says she favours people getting back onto a solid diet as quickly as they are able because, if people stay in the mushy stage too long it can inhibit their weight loss and also allow bad habits to develop - drinking calories etc. I think you're fine!

I'm still in first week of puree, so still being careful (and still only able to tolerate tiny amounts of food) but I think towards the end of puree I'll try a few more advents things like scrambled eggs etc.

We are going away in the school holidays and I still be in the soft food phase then, so I'm keen to try a variety of things before then to test out what might be okay for me to eat.
Back to top Go down
Kiki
Kiki

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-09-24

Soft Food stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Food stage?   Soft Food stage? EmptySun 28 Feb 2016, 3:45 am

Yeah that's what I was hoping with the stews and steamed veggies. In the last few days I have actually already started doing that which is a little bit naughty but have been tolerating it so well I didn't see why I couldn't. I even had some okonminyaki the other day and today (it's a Japanese cabbage, flour type pancake) it's quite soft and it's has a sauce on it which makes it softer. I know I really should still be blending it up but I can't stand the texture so decided to try and phase in unblended this just make sure they were tiny tiny pieces. I'm still having yogurts and other runny things but have just been slowly swapping it out for the soft food stage. Hopefully I'm not doing anything too wrong
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

Soft Food stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Food stage?   Soft Food stage? EmptySun 28 Feb 2016, 1:42 am

I'm interested in this too. I still have another week of puree to go, but am keen to know what I can eat once I transition. I will be seeing my dietitian on Thursday so of course will be discussing with her, but I'm really interested in what other people ate at this stage.

I have done a bit of research (and also have a hand out form my dietitian) that suggests casseroles and stews - anything that doesn't contain pasta or rice. My dietitian say rices is okay occasionally but is really too filling and will stop you from being able to consume enough protein.

I am dying to dry scrambled eggs but too scared! I'm struggling a bit with food going straight through me so if I eat anything too rich or if I eat too much it's straight to the loo!
Back to top Go down
RacyTracy
RacyTracy

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2015-10-31

Soft Food stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Food stage?   Soft Food stage? EmptySat 27 Feb 2016, 11:57 pm

I'm interested to know too Kiki, I start soft on Wednesday and apart from fish and eggs I'm not too sure on what to have, I cant wait for fish!!

I cant see why you cant have steamed vege's as long as you steam them well and they are soft, I am going to try that too.

Also I cant see why slow cooker meals wont be fine as the meat is usually so tender by the end of it.
Back to top Go down
Kiki
Kiki

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-09-24

Soft Food stage? Empty
PostSubject: Soft Food stage?   Soft Food stage? EmptyFri 26 Feb 2016, 5:10 am

Hi all, 

So I'm currently 3 weeks out of being sleeved and will be moving onto my 'soft food' stage next week. I was meant to be seeing my dietitian to discuss this next phase but unfortunately she works one day a week and from 9-1 and I work full time and I'm unable to get time off work to go see her, so my question is what everybody actually ate on the soft food stage. My Dr pretty much told me anything mash able by a fork but obviously that's not an awful lot to go off. 

Currently on my pureed stage I have been experimenting with chunkier foods (non blended mince, scrambled eggs, soft cheese, chicken shredded up small, etc) and I have been tolerating it very well, I just make sure I chew like crazy to make sure it's small enough before swallowing but on soft food does this mean I could start having steamed veggies like cauliflower and broccoli and what did people do for meat? Would a lamb stew be fine? 

I do plan on calling up the dietitian to ask if she can send through any information sheets she planned on sending me but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soft Food stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soft Food stage?   Soft Food stage? Empty

Back to top Go down

Soft Food stage?
Page 1 of 1