Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
benbelle

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Question about soft food stage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about soft food stage   Question about soft food stage EmptyThu 03 Nov 2011, 11:29 am

I love cruskits with green tomato pickles and brie/camembert cheese.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Question about soft food stage   Question about soft food stage EmptyThu 03 Nov 2011, 10:32 am

Yeah I love cruskits with light Philly cheese and sliced tomatoes or vegimite or marmalade or sliced smoked salmon, or tuna, or ham or chicken or corned beef ..... Okaaay. I love cruskits with just about everything lol.
Back to top Go down
hip chic tot
hip chic tot

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2011-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Question about soft food stage   Question about soft food stage EmptyThu 03 Nov 2011, 9:14 am

im hooked on cruskits & tuna or cottage cheese or smooth peanut butter & jam....mmmm
Back to top Go down
http://hipchicandtot.com
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Question about soft food stage   Question about soft food stage EmptyWed 02 Nov 2011, 3:15 am

I will give the cruskits a try.

I have been really struggling to have drinks with protein, so I was told white bread was okay without crusts with ham inside to try and eat. I am finding it hard to eat straight meat so it was a good alternative, but I will try the cruskits too.

Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
CareBear
Part of the furniture
CareBear

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Question about soft food stage   Question about soft food stage EmptyTue 01 Nov 2011, 8:53 pm

I agree, big no to the bread, it's so hard to digest and takes up valuable space - leaves no room for the good stuff. Cruskits are good as they dissolve down to nothing and are a great vehicle for protein. I reckon rice cakes might be a bit gluggy, I'd wait a few more weeks before trying them.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Question about soft food stage   Question about soft food stage EmptyTue 01 Nov 2011, 7:57 pm

No to the bread especially white bread.
Most dieticians don't let you start back on bread until after 6 weeks, then you need to eat a good grain bread they has some nutritional value. Burgen Soy Lin is a good one with over 6 gms of protein per slice.

If you need something to munch on get some cruskits and add cottage cheese, tuna, shaved meats, avocado, sliced lite cheeses, etc I ate all these in the soft stage from 4 weeks post op.

Back to top Go down
crisalida
crisalida

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-10-21

PostSubject: Question about soft food stage   Question about soft food stage EmptyTue 01 Nov 2011, 1:09 pm

I didn't think to ask my dietician yesterday, but I am allowed white bread with no crusts at the moment. However, I am really feeling like rice cakes with avocado, does anyone know if this is allowed during the soft stage?

How long after surgery is it before you can have things like that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about soft food stage   Question about soft food stage Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about soft food stage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: