RacyTracy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Peapodprincess98

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2015-11-22

Opti Fast - going straight thru me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016, 11:12 am

That happened to me with Optifast and adding the Benefiber actually made it worse. It got to the point I was so sick that my dietitian had to take me off it and put me on a food based diet pre-op. I really hope it gets better for you but I have no positive things to say about Optifast sadly.
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016, 3:40 am

The Benefibre helps bulk up the liquid so it doesn't go straight through you.

I am still convinced that the bouts I had of diverticulitis I had in the first three months after the sleeve were related to the low fibre in my diet from the shakes and small amounts of food. Now I make sure that I have about 21 grams of fibre a day and have had no trouble since (touch wood)
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016, 2:30 am

Interesting about the benefibre, Tracy. I would have thought the same as you!
Back to top Go down
marjo

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2015-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptyMon 25 Jan 2016, 10:44 am

Hi Tracey, 

I hope the immodium helps stop the trots, just keep up the fluids so you dont get dehydrated. Unfortunately the opti has the reverse effect on me :( Starting my 2 weeks tomorrow, hope all goes well for the rest of your time

Cheers
Back to top Go down
RacyTracy
RacyTracy

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2015-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptyMon 25 Jan 2016, 8:52 am

Thanks Ladies,

I got some Imodium today Lisa so hopefully that will help.

I spoke to my clinic today and they said to have more Benefibre in my shakes (up to 8tsp a day), I had actually stopped taking it as i thought it had the opposite effect!

Will start doing that tomorrow.

Another weird thing I'm finding with the Opti is my mouth is really dry after drinking a shake, it's yuck.

Thank god only 8 more days of it left.

Tracy xx
Back to top Go down
Ceds
Ceds

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2015-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptyMon 25 Jan 2016, 1:55 am

I found this happened with me both when I tried doing optifast on it's own to loose weight, and during my surgery prep - and if not explosive on the loo it was terrible wind.  But after about the 5th or 6th day it passed and everything settled down.  I'm mildly lactose intolerant but powered on as I'd already paid for it all.  I realise that doesn't really help you but I guess they are called the 'optitrots' for a reason :-/
Back to top Go down
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptySun 24 Jan 2016, 8:38 am

Tracy this is a common problem with Optifast. Happens to me too. Check with  your surgeon's office about taking Imodium. That's what I use to manage this problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptySun 24 Jan 2016, 8:17 am

Hi Tracey, exactly the same thing is happening to me.  First 3 days were fine but day 4 onwards has been fairly explosive .... 😬.   I was concerned about dehydration so yesterday I took some gastro ease as I couldn't take it anymore.  It certainly helped.  I have my surgery tomorrow so I suppose I'll find out if there is any issue!

Take care
Back to top Go down
RacyTracy
RacyTracy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptySun 24 Jan 2016, 7:52 am

Hi Marjo

I am having Opti fast, both the shakes and the mousse at this stage, I am only mixing them with water/ice

Thanks
Back to top Go down
marjo

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2015-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptySun 24 Jan 2016, 7:36 am

Hi RacyTracy,

Which opti are you having? Optifast/optislim or one of the platinums. You just having shakes or bars or something else, are you mixing it with milk or water?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
RacyTracy
RacyTracy

Female

PostSubject: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me EmptySun 24 Jan 2016, 7:15 am

Hi All

Hopefully this is not TMI but I need help!!

Everytime I have an opti meal it is going nearly straight thru me and in quite an explosive way lol. I was ok the first few days but the last couple of days it hasnt been too good. I am not normally lactose intolarant but I cant normally drink too much full cream milk but the lite milk is fine.

Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to relieve the problem?

I'm hoping to talk to my dietician but she isnt back to work until Wednesday.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks Tracy:463737:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opti Fast - going straight thru me   Opti Fast - going straight thru me Empty

Back to top Go down

Opti Fast - going straight thru me
Page 1 of 1