Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Removal of band to sleeve in one procedure in Sydney - which doctors?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nickers

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2014-11-07

Removal of band to sleeve in one procedure in Sydney - which doctors? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Removal of band to sleeve in one procedure in Sydney - which doctors?   Removal of band to sleeve in one procedure in Sydney - which doctors? EmptySat 22 Aug 2015, 12:49 am

Hi Jc1975.  I had my band removed back in April and am due for the sleeve in October.  My surgeon told me that to try to do it in one go would give me 90% chance of a leak.   I know some people have done this and I'm sure some docs do - i'd just want a really thorough explanation of why it's okay and how this changes the risk factors for you.  After I had the band removed and surgeon told me that my stomach was stuck to my liver and I had alot of adhesions that he had to sort out while removing the band and there was not way he would have done it in one go, I was more than happy to wait.  I haven't been thrilled at the weight gain in between but it's probably better than the alternatives.   Sorry to be a downer - just think you should try to go into it with your eyes open.  Good luck - I'd love to hear how you go.
Back to top Go down
Jc1975

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-08-20

Removal of band to sleeve in one procedure in Sydney - which doctors? Empty
PostSubject: Removal of band to sleeve in one procedure in Sydney - which doctors?   Removal of band to sleeve in one procedure in Sydney - which doctors? EmptyFri 21 Aug 2015, 9:11 pm

Hi

I am want into have band removed and have a sleeve, who knows of Sydney doctors who will do it in one go?
Back to top Go down

Removal of band to sleeve in one procedure in Sydney - which doctors?
Page 1 of 1