Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)

Go down 
+5
Milly2010
Unbanded
Val 007
Floss Lee
Geminijo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilyandme

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014, 10:25 am

My surgeon too does the band to sleeve in one op. But of course it has to be safe to do so.
He stated to me that he is yet to have a leek so if it is not safe to do ,he won't proceed. I trust him so let's hope it all goes smoothly. My op is on the 27 th of May
Back to top Go down
Ness

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014, 9:46 pm

Hi I just had the band to sleeve 10 days ago with prof hamdorf Hollywood hospital and can I say him and his team are awesome.
I had the band done 2005 and was great lost 40kg but the last 18 month gained about 25kg back as it had slipped.
Prof hamdorf explained 75/80% chance he can do the band to sleeve but wouldn't know till he got in.
I would recommend him to anyone and he made me feel relaxed and comfortable from the moment I walked in to see him to the day I left hospital.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
Ottopia
Part of the furniture
Ottopia

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2014-01-27

PostSubject: Just had my sleeve about 9 months after band removal   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) EmptyTue 04 Feb 2014, 6:10 am

Hi there,
Dr Victor Liew at the Gold Coast did my band removal (emergency surgery in April 2013 due to infection) and he has attended to the formation of my sleeve in Jan 2014. He is a very caring and understanding surgeon and I have complete confidence in him.
Very good bedside manner and tells it straight about risks and what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Milly2010
Milly2010

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2013-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 2:04 pm

A gastric ring goes around the sleeve to help minimise possible expansion of the stomach over time.  Not to say that it cant still expand back out with over eating but this helps.  Rather then expanding back to its previous shape it will form a 'egg timer' shape with the ring restricting full capacity. It is apparently a new procedure with my surgeon as he wanted to make sure the results where worth putting it in and so far it has helped other people keep a smaller size stomach for longer, if not for long term.

There is no restriction like a band so no feeling like something is stuck.  It sits loosely around the sleeve and only it comes into play when the stomach is overfull.  Should help with feeling fuller for longer too I believe if the stomach stretches.

I have no intention of overeating so hopefully it will just be a silent helper should I have ever need it.  :-)
Back to top Go down
emmybell83

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 8:53 am

Hi sorry this is off the topic but Milly you said you had a sleeve and gastric ring - what is a gastric ring?
Back to top Go down
Milly2010
Milly2010

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2013-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 2:46 am

Hi.

I had my band put in three years ago and taken out May this year.  I had the sleeve and gastric ring done last Friday.  All by Mr Chris Couch.  He is based in both Mounts Bay Hospital and Waikiki Hospital.  I think he is great and would recommend him to anyone but it is a personal choice and you have to choose the right surgeon for you as he (or she) will be part of your life for a long time.  You need to have total faith and trust.  Chris is very professional but not much for bed side manner as such but that didnt bother me at all.  I dont need a new friend I wanted a surgeon who will do the very best by me.

Good luck with your journey.
Back to top Go down
Unbanded

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 7:38 am

Hi Floss Lee. , just checking that's Hollywood Hospital in Perth W.A , I'm probably having my band out in October this year & considering a sleeve . Was looking for a second opinion & Dr Hamdorfs name has come up in conversation with a friend . Are you happy with your outcome & decision . my bands been in since April 2009 . Thank you :):)
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) EmptySun 05 May 2013, 2:38 am

Hi

I used Justin Greenslade in Brisbane for both of my Surgeries. Some surgeons do removal and sleeve together, but a lot of times there is scarring from the band and Surgeons like to have a rest period before the Sleeve.

Had initial band in for about 1 year. Removed thern had a 3 month wait before being sleeved.

There are still the OLD SCHOOL SURGEONS who dont do the sleeve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Love my Sleeve

Hope all goes well for you.

Val
Back to top Go down
Floss Lee
Floss Lee

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013, 7:59 am

Hi Geminijo, in January I had my band out and sleeve done in one operation. My band had been in for a little over two years and after initial success it went downhill. I went to the same surgeon who did the band and when I saw him towards the end of last year he had only recently begun doing the two procedures in one operation. He didn't guarantee that it could be done in one op and said he makes the final decision to proceed with the sleeve once he removes the band. I was delighted that mine was done in one op and my weight loss has been pretty steady. I have heard that those that go from band to sleeve don't have as fast a weight loss but I certainly have no complaints. Oh and my surgeon was Jeff Hamdorf and my surgery was at Hollywood Hospital. Any other questions just ask away.

Cheers, Lee.
Back to top Go down
Geminijo

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013, 7:15 am

I'm not sure of the parameters in asking this question but am curious to find out if the Dr that put my band in does the band removal and sleeve in the same op and curious to hear from other patients of his whether he does this or not.... He's been absolutely fine and will be going back to him to have the revision surgery done by him but was just curious thats all. If I'm not allowed to say who he was I won't but if I am I will tell... (if that makes sense!!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)   Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done) Empty

Back to top Go down

Who did your Band to sleeve procedure? (if you've had it done)
Page 1 of 1