Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super...how often do people get knocked back?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunablue
Lunablue

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2015-02-06

Super...how often do people get knocked back? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super...how often do people get knocked back?   Super...how often do people get knocked back? EmptyFri 06 Feb 2015, 10:50 am

Hi. :),

I just had my surgery, and I applied to release the funds back in October. It took a month to approve (Normally 10 days), but the letter they post to advise the amount and what to do next got lost 3 times.  (thanks Aust post). I finally got the money in my account 2 weeks before my surgery. I submitted a letter from the surgeon, one from my doctor (GP) and one from my pain management Dr. It was a long process but worth it.
Back to top Go down
Laloopsy

Female
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Super...how often do people get knocked back?   Super...how often do people get knocked back? EmptySat 08 Nov 2014, 3:30 am

Hi emmabear, have you got your super released yet? I have just had to resubmit mine for one of the most ridiculous reasons I swear... One box was left unticked even though it's description was filled in! Argh. So annoying. I'm booked for the 26th but my dr wants 2wks up front and they said if I extend my cc limit to secure my date that DHS will reject it! So annoying!
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Super...how often do people get knocked back?   Super...how often do people get knocked back? EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014, 12:06 pm

Hiya, It took me 4 weeks to get an answer, and even then (after waiting 4 weeks) I had to submit a letter from my surgeon stating it was urgent and to be assessed straight away. This was without being asked to provide extra information. Sounds like you have enough time, but remember then your super fund could take up to 10 days to process the payment to your account and your surgeon (like mine) may want payment 2 weeks in advance.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
emmabear
emmabear

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Super...how often do people get knocked back?   Super...how often do people get knocked back? EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014, 10:11 am

Hi all, I just found this forum. I am booked on for December 9th and applied for my super 2 weeks ago. DHS called me today and said they need more information. More detailed quotes from the surgeon and anesthtist and something from my health fund stating what they will cover me for. I should be able to submit all that to them this week...and then the wait starts again.

I nervous that it won't all be done in time. A friend has offered me a short term loan until it comes through, but I'm worried it could be denied.

It makes it so hard to plan...and I just want to know. I'm nervous I might be knocked back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super...how often do people get knocked back?   Super...how often do people get knocked back? Empty

Back to top Go down

Super...how often do people get knocked back?
Page 1 of 1