AuthorMessage
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

New...Thinking about Surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: New...Thinking about Surgery   New...Thinking about Surgery EmptyTue 08 Jul 2008, 12:45 am

Hi and welcome. I beilieve being sleeved was the best thing I have done I do wish I had of found a dr that had done more than mine had and did the shape of a sleeve instead of a pouch but hey I am getting that fixed very soon
Fadding away
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Hello hanykins   New...Thinking about Surgery EmptyMon 07 Jul 2008, 11:21 pm

I am just the opposite of Chris- I tend to race through all my big decisions- some have gone well, and some have gone wrong, but I continue to be somewhat impulsive.
I have had the heart attack and I am tired of being fat, and being out of breath, and of having people help me out of lounge chairs, and look at me with sad eyes, or not look at me at all and sort of slide their eyes past me.
I saw a movie last night with Julia Roberts- she was in a fat suit for part of the film, and thin and gorgeous the rest of the film. And as I watched her hide herself when she was fat, and how people dismissed her as unimportant my heart ached.
So I am racing through this process trying to get approved for surgery. I have no qualms at all about the sleeve being the best choice for me. The band is too problematic- and the bypass is not recommended for someone with my medical issues so the choice of which type of surgery was a breeze. As for surgery versus no surgery- well that was harder but I think if I can make it through the surgery I have a chance at a fuller, more active life.

Each of us has to choose but I only wish I could have had the choice when I was 30 and not fifty. I would have missed out on less. Sad but true. I am mad that one of my so called friends got the surgery, never told me and watched me continue to struggle with my weight year after year.

Do your research carefully, but if you do decide that this is the absolutely the only way for you to lose the weight and keep it off then I say go for it
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: New...Thinking about Surgery   New...Thinking about Surgery EmptySun 06 Jul 2008, 10:13 am

Hi Hannikans
Welcome to the group, and thank you for sharing your story with us.
I'm afraid we all have our own stories, for each of us have ended up in much the same place - vastly overweight, often will associated illnesses, and considering surgery to help us along.
I've just had a sleeve done, 13 days ago now, and am feeling very pleased with my decision - but I did lots of research and soul searching before deciding. I know that some others have made their decisions for weight loss surgery without as much pain, but that's what had to be for me.
Good luck with your journey.
Chris
Back to top Go down
hannykins
hannykins

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: New...Thinking about Surgery   New...Thinking about Surgery EmptySun 06 Jul 2008, 9:13 am

I have had a struggle with weight for ever. I remember vividly getting my appendix out in Year 4 and being home (much of it alone) for 2 weeks. During the lonely days, watching reruns and The Midday Show, I found a friend in food. I cried one day because I'd eaten the food mum had prepared and couldn't reach the bread because of my wound. I rang my mum at work sobbing and she came home (about a 10 minutes trip she did in 5) and I told her the emergency was I was hungry and couldn't reach the bread. After my two weeks recovering it was the two week term break. By the time I went to put my unfiorm on for the first day back at school...it wouldn't go on. I had to wear a hand me down uniform from my sisters form when they were in Year 6. I felt so ashamed.

I have been up and down and up and down and up and down since. I have had times when I've been thin and after 2 kids and a marriage break up I am at my fattest ever...I think I may be fatter than I was pregnant. I have PCOS and Reflux. PCOS makes losing weight almost impossible. I am on lots of medications.

This yea rI've bene perpetually on a diet. I have small success and then I ruin it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New...Thinking about Surgery   New...Thinking about Surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

New...Thinking about Surgery
Page 1 of 1