Angman
12 posters
AuthorMessage
nutter

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-03-04

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyWed 28 Mar 2012, 1:11 pm

hazelbaby wrote:
Hi nutter,
I can't recommend Dr Martin highly enough. He is highly qualified and very professional. Not ridiculously expensive either

I didn't pay $850 initially. I paid $3950 in out of pocket expenses and all post op visits have been included since. I think my pre op visit was about $160ish.
All the best with your decision.

Thankyou hazelbaby. I will give Dr Martin's office are call and proceed from there.
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyWed 28 Mar 2012, 10:55 am

Hi nutter,
I can't recommend Dr Martin highly enough. He is highly qualified and very professional. Not ridiculously expensive either

I didn't pay $850 initially. I paid $3950 in out of pocket expenses and all post op visits have been included since. I think my pre op visit was about $160ish.
Back to top Go down
nutter

Female
Number of posts : 10

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: The Surgeons :: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyMon 26 Mar 2012, 2:26 pm

I thinking of seeing Dr David Martin as my friend found him to be are really nice person. Does anyone know what he charges plus his consultation fee. I think she said $880 just for are consultation. Is this correct seems pretty steep compared to other surgeons.
Back to top Go down
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 11:13 pm

Dr Martin was my surgeon. He is a lovely man and from my research and based on what he told me when I was 'grilling' him a VERY good surgeon.

Not that he was blowing his own trumpet but he explained about his professional affiliations with other surgeons, the collection and sharing of data from his patients and their weight loss as well as the fact that he regularly trains other surgeons in how to perform the sleeve. And from what I understand he does a slightly different sleeve which reduces the chances of the bottom part of the stomach stretching.

I have been very happy with my experience both with him and with his practice. It didn't feel like a production line of WLS like some. He does other upper gastro surgery as well.
Back to top Go down
katkins78

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 11:14 pm

I have my surgery on friday by Dr Martin at concord. I am nervous, but have been told by other Drs that he is the best gastric surgeon they have ever known so I feel in safe hands. His receptionist Erin is a lil forgetful I think, but she's a lovely girl and Dr Martin has been very understanding and oblidging. I was to loose 5-10kgs pre surgery, over christmas I actually gained 3kgs, but have lost 11kgs since starting opti. I am praying my liver is clear enough to do this (I know I had a "very fatty" liver about 8 months ago"). I am hoping on hope that the weight I have lost has mostly been liver fat hahaha.
Back to top Go down
ninja

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-11-16

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: HI Sylvia..just wondering how you went with your surgery.I am thinking of having it done in a months time.Did it work for you?thanks    Dr David Martin EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 7:37 pm

Sylvia41 wrote:
Thank u to all
I have notice that he is a sweety I supose I should be glad that he is my Dr David Martin 21984 surgen.
I will have my sleeve soon... OMG so much changes not sure if Iam ready...... Dr David Martin 716201
what am I talking about of course I am, just little bit scared

Dr David Martin 38898
Back to top Go down
Garry62
Garry62

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Dr Martin A+   Dr David Martin EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011, 11:40 pm

I was done on Nov 17th last year at Strathfield private hospital.
I was 118kg and now 3 months on about 83kg and going down.
Dr Martin was great highly recommended.
I have no regrets.

Kindest Regards,
Garry
Back to top Go down
Sylvia41
Sylvia41

Female
Number of posts : 53

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 1:57 am

Thank u to all
I have notice that he is a sweety I supose I should be glad that he is my Dr David Martin 21984 surgen.
I will have my sleeve soon... OMG so much changes not sure if Iam ready...... Dr David Martin 716201
what am I talking about of course I am, just little bit scared

Dr David Martin 38898
Back to top Go down
cantwait

Female
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 1:04 pm

Hi Sylvia,

Yes, I was done by Dr David Martin at Concord also only on 25th Feb this year.

He's been really good too.

I had a minor complication but that had nothing to do with the surgery itself.

Otherwise, it has been a breeze and Ive lost 17.3kgs to date (since starting opti a week before op ie 18th Feb).

And I must agree, Marcel his receptionist is quite nice and very helpful...

PS: I think he's quite good looking too (ie Dr Martin...LOL)...

Bec :-)
Back to top Go down
muffincatt
muffincatt

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 1:02 pm

Hi

I was done by Dr Ian Martin (his brother) here in Brisbane, and I can only say that my journey has been an absolute breeze, so if it runs in the family he should be just as good.

Regards

Muffincatt
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyMon 11 Apr 2011, 12:57 pm

Hi Sylvia,

I had my sleeve op by Dr Martin on Feb 12th 2010 and can tell you with my hand on my heart that he is not only a lovely man, but a really excellent well respected surgeon. I have had a number of unrelated health issues that have meant that I have been in and out of both Concord & RPA a number of times in the last 18 months. I have been pleased (and a wee bit proud) at the comments and respect shown by Drs & nurses at both hospitals when ever his name was mentioned. There have been a few other Dr Martin patients here :-)

Cheers - Carrie :-)

PS... his practice manager Marcel is a sweetheart too :-)

Last edited by Carrie on Tue 26 Apr 2011, 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Taking out a link to another thread after merging them)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyWed 06 Apr 2011, 1:52 am

Hi Sylvia and welcome to the forum.
Good luck with your journey.

Sorry not a sleever of Dr Martins, sure there are some around.

Dr David Martin 217555 Dr David Martin 217555
Back to top Go down
Sylvia41
Sylvia41

Female
Number of posts : 53

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: hi has anyone been done buy Dr Martin in Sydney Concord????   Dr David Martin EmptyTue 05 Apr 2011, 4:45 am

Dr David Martin 473426 Iam interested to hear form people who had they sleeve done by Dr David Martin 21984 dr David Martin in Sydney
How the surgery went and their weight lost progress.
Very scared to be doing this as well as exited.

Love this site i am learning so much from all of you wonderfull sleevers

Thank u Dr David Martin 217555
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptySat 20 Nov 2010, 2:09 pm

Hi Overit, I thought you had an appt with Dr Taylor on Nov 30th? I had my op with Dr Martin and he is fantastic :-) I'll PM you.
Back to top Go down
overit

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Cost with Dr Martin - Not in a health fund   Dr David Martin EmptyFri 19 Nov 2010, 10:02 am

Hi All,
Im looking into getting the sleeve done with Dr Martin and i have my first appointment with him on the 30th Nov 2010.

We are hoping to get approved thru APRA for early release of my husbands super to cover all costs.

Could anypne please tell me roughly what amount i would be looking at with Dr Martin? We are not in a health fund

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 7:31 am

Hi Emmanuel

Congratulations on your decision to have a Gastric sleeve and your choice of Doctors. I had my sleeve op on Feb 12th this year and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself and those who love me.

David Martin is a fantastic doctor, I honestly can't lavish enough praise on him. He is that rare breed of surgeon, excellent at what he does AND a really nice person too. The care and patience that he has shown and continues to show me is fantastic. I have had a few experiences with other surgeons and he really is a stand-out.

I had my op at Concord Hospital too, and you are in very good hands there. The nurses there were without exception kind and caring. I had one older male nurse who was a bit of a grump at the start, but even he responded to my "charm-offensive", LOL. (Another telling sign about Dr Martin was the high regard he was held in by the nurses and other doctors etc at Concord. I have heard other surgeons described in less than favourable terms by the staff they work with).

Weightloss?: I have lost about 70kgs so far and am still going strong, but your losses will depend on how much you have to lose and everyone is different. The way that Dr Martin does his sleeves is slightly different to the normal way though and he is getting fantastic results, similar to Bypass ops, but without the side effects.
Pain?: I had a little bit of pain for the first week, but not more than I would expect given the huge bruises I had, LOL. Other people on the site experience bad shoulder pain, but I didn't get that. Bad headaches were my biggest problem until someone on the site suggested I might be dehydrated and I made an effort to drink more... it seemed to work :-)
Off work?: That will depend on how well you heal and what sort of job you have. I am a picture-framer and was ready to go back after 2 weeks. Some here are back at desk jobs in a week while others are still feeling exhausted after 3 weeks.

Your best idea now is to have a good read around the site. There is a lot of great information here. If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away, there's sure to be someone who will be able to do their best to help.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Angman

Male
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 2:43 am

Hi,

My name is Emmanuel and i am having the sleeve done on Friday the 24th September 2010. I would love to talk to some people who have done this already.
My Dr is Dr David Martin. If anyone has used him please tell me what you think and how was your experience. I am having it in Concord hospital as i do not have private health care.
What should i expect?
Weightloss?
Pain?
Off work?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dr David Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr David Martin   Dr David Martin Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr David Martin
Page 1 of 1