AuthorMessage
Wendy1968

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-04-01

Dr Ian Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Martin   Dr Ian Martin EmptyWed 02 Apr 2014, 6:45 am

Hi there,

I am very new to all this and have my appoint with Dr Martin on the 15th April an was looking for other people who have had surgery with him.

Would be keen to chat to someone who has used Dr Martin.

Wendy
Back to top Go down
GoldnGirl6677
GoldnGirl6677

Female
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Dr Ian Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Martin   Dr Ian Martin EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014, 1:08 pm

Apologies - I need to learn how to edit! I meant to say my out of pocket expenses NOT the quote in my post below - sorry
Back to top Go down
GoldnGirl6677
GoldnGirl6677

Female
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Dr Ian Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Martin   Dr Ian Martin EmptyWed 19 Mar 2014, 1:04 pm

I'm booked with Dr Martin for 14 April and my go referred me to him due to success of his clients. Truthfully I didn't shop around as he made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions - so I booked my dat after I thought about it for another week. Mind you I have considered surgery for a number of years before making the commitment.

I do agree with Swayback's comments about the clinical nurse. However being a busy practice it probably makes sense. My quote for the surgery at the Wesley on my cover is estimated around $7500. I'm accessing my super as I'm at the point my life is worth more and if I don't do this I won't even be able to enjoy my super lol -
Back to top Go down
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture
gingerchicken

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2014-01-29

Dr Ian Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Martin   Dr Ian Martin EmptySun 02 Mar 2014, 2:34 am

Hi swayback,

I'm not sleeved yet, but was curious to know how you found dr Ian Martin and how you found out about him. I have an appointment with dr David Martin in April for first consult. I wish earlier.... It takes a long time to get apptments I've found. Are they brothers?
Ginger
Back to top Go down

Dr Ian Martin Empty
PostSubject: Dr Ian Martin   Dr Ian Martin EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 12:52 am

I have had my sleeve with Ian Martin.

I have Top Hospital PHI with no excess and also basic Extras cover.

My out of pocket expenses are $5695.35 after all rebates. This includes pathology, ECG, dietitian (before and after). It DOES NOT include follow up visits (as far as I know, I haven't had a post op visit yet).

I am on a pension, so please bear in mind that some ancillary services such as pathology were bulk billed and these costs could increase out of pockets by hundreds of dollars.

To be honest, I don't think anyone ever looked at my blood test results prior to surgery (I've since found out from my GP that a lot of them were abnormal but nothing was ever mentioned by the surgeon or anaesthetist) so maybe they not be necessary. I'm also not so sure the pre op consult with the nurse practitioner (which is not claimable) was worth the $100 (lovely as she was)....all it did was save the surgeon asking the questions and doing the weigh in.

I had complications after surgery and had to have a gastroscopy and feeding tube insertion.....I have not received a bill for either the gastroenterologist or the procedure. This far down the track, I'll be surprised if I do receive a bill but I could be wrong.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dr Ian Martin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr Ian Martin   Dr Ian Martin Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Ian Martin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: