AuthorMessage
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Not feeling well after eating.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyMon 29 Jun 2009, 11:39 pm

Hi I suffered from that yukky blocked ,stuck feeling.
i agree with apple make it more runny
don't rush the getting back to normal foods.
and please sip sip sip all day BUT sop 1/2 hour before and don't start again till half hour after eating.
I do hope that you are feeling better
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptySat 27 Jun 2009, 10:13 am

So sorry to hear you're having trouble.

The only suggestion I can give you is to seek a second opinion. If your Doctor isn't helping get a new one. You shouldn't have to feel like this.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
RHardy

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: feeling horrible   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyFri 26 Jun 2009, 5:57 pm

I get horrible stomach aches and I had surgery 6 mo. ago. I can't eat much of anything. I have tried a variety of foods with no luck. The doctor doesn't help. I have tried everything.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 3:03 am

3 weeks and 3 days.
Back to top Go down
lauren_melb
lauren_melb

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 2:59 am

Lib

Can i ask how long since you had the sleeve done???

Lauren.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyThu 14 May 2009, 12:19 am

Hmm I don't think its reflux. I am on meds for that. I woke up feeling sick this morning, so I will take all of your advice and go back to runny stuff for a few days. I hope that I start feeling better soon Not feeling well after eating.... 135961
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 11:50 pm

What you are describing sounds like reflux. You still get it even if you are on meds for it, the meds just take away the acid so it doesn't burn.

I agree with what ever one else is saying, make it more liquid and take longer to eat a meal. Hopefully you will get more down and stop feeling hungry.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 9:39 pm

I agree with apple, and also don't forget that your stomach will feel different some days to others. Even now, some days I can eat more or less than others, so just go with the flow. And just one teaspoon more can be too much, so if in doubt - don't!
Chris
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 4:24 pm

Take a step back to more wet food. make it runny. The biggest mistake people make when going to mushies is they think that means mashed potato consitancy. NOPE make it runny and thick liquid with like a teaspon of mashed potato consitancy mixed in and gradually add a teaspoon more every few days and if you strike a problem go back wards for a few days. It is not a race everybody gets over this stage, some do it in a matter of a few days others take a few weeks.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 12:52 pm

Hmm its not painful just a blocked type feeling. And it can be there before I have even eaten anything for the day. The pain in my back is just below my right shoulder blade. Might just take some of the nausea meds they gave me on check out tonight.
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 12:48 pm

Sorry to hear that you're having a bit of a rough trot at the moment Not feeling well after eating.... 217555

I get a pain in my throat/chest when I am full, and it feels a bit like the food is sitting there and no more will go down - is that kinda of like what you get, or is it really painful (mine isnt painful).

Maybe just take a step back, and try pureeing your food again, and see if that helps with the pain and nausea.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 12:42 pm

I had this happen for a while not nausea but the blocked feeling.

I went back to more liquid things and it was fine - and then took things slowly.

You'll be fine!
Caz
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... EmptyWed 13 May 2009, 12:19 pm

I have got nausea really badly today, and slightly yesterday. Whenever I eat anything I get this blockage type feeling in my throat, and a pain in my back. Does anyone else get anything like this? I can't eat much cause it makes me feel a bit sick. I am also feeling hungry, I thought that wasn't supposed to happen? Maybe I am eating too solid things? I have been eating spag bol, and haven't been blending anything I eat, just chewing it well. Am I pushing it? I can't get much in cause I feel too terrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not feeling well after eating....   Not feeling well after eating.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Not feeling well after eating....
Page 1 of 1