AuthorMessage
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Three days post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three days post-op   Three days post-op EmptyTue 12 May 2009, 10:56 pm

Now is the time to rest!!!

Don't worry about anything other than getting better.

Take care
Caz
Back to top Go down
yakydeeyak
yakydeeyak

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Three days post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three days post-op   Three days post-op EmptyTue 12 May 2009, 12:55 pm

Thanks so much. I think I might be trying to push myself a little too much and not allowing myself to nap/rest as much as I could, so it's nice that each of you suggested it and gave me "permission" to sleep. I know it is needed for healing, so I'll try to give myself that gift the next couple of days. : )
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Three days post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three days post-op   Three days post-op EmptyTue 12 May 2009, 7:08 am

Hi Michelle and welcome aboard.

Ditto to what Lib and Deb have said. Rest as much as possible and it will get better day by day. I'll be taking my own advice in 6 days so feel free to pop in and tell me off if I start to moan. LOL.

Here's something to cheer you up.
Three days post-op 00020322
Hugs,
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Three days post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three days post-op   Three days post-op EmptyTue 12 May 2009, 2:00 am

Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum. Hopefully we will be hearing more cheerful posts from you soon. Feeling less than ordinary only 3 days out from major surgery is normal. Remember that you have had most of an organ removed. Feeling emotional and tired after a general anaesthetic is normal are it back aches and other soreness- you were manhandles and spreadeagled while you were out on the operating table. I had spasms and convulsions on the first night and the next day after surgery whenever I tried to drink something. It was awful. Good news is I feel great now (3.5 months out) and hopefully you will too. Hope things get better soon.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Three days post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three days post-op   Three days post-op EmptyTue 12 May 2009, 1:43 am

Oh Michelle, I feel for you, I really do. Day 3 was my "what the hell have I done to myself?" day.

I was emtional too, but it passed, and a good cry is always refreshing! I am 3 weeks post op and I can honestly say, it does get better. I have lost 22lbs in about 5 weeks. I feel good.

Drinking was an issue for me for the first few days, I couldn't drink water or any type of fluid really, but it does settle down and you will be able to drink again in a few days. Try sucking on ice blocks, they were my saviour. You probably don't feel like getting anything in but its important to keep your fluids up. Hang in there, the first week is the hardest, once you are over that you will be so excited and motivated, I know I am.

PS Sleep as much as you can!!
Back to top Go down
yakydeeyak
yakydeeyak

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Three days post-op Empty
PostSubject: Three days post-op   Three days post-op EmptyTue 12 May 2009, 1:27 am

I'm new here - just sleeved last Friday (May 8) and discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon (Sunday). Last night was a bit uncomfortable - not my incisions, but some back aches. Also, I'm having some mild esophogeal spasms and was given a homeopathic tablet to melt on my tongue, which seems to help at least some. I started crying today for no reason - everything is going fine, but I seem more emotional than usual. Are these things 'normal' and how long have others had them last?

Michelle

Pre-op weight: 300.4 lbs.
Sleeved: May 8
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Three days post-op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three days post-op   Three days post-op Empty

Back to top Go down

Three days post-op
Page 1 of 1