Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

13 days post op! Full story... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 days post op! Full story...   13 days post op! Full story... EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 6:35 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Pleased to hear things are going well for you now. What a journey you have had so far!

Good luck with the rest of your journey........ 13 days post op! Full story... 217555
Back to top Go down
AuntyVirus
AuntyVirus

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: Hey all   13 days post op! Full story... EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:01 pm

Hey all,
Thankyou for the welcome 13 days post op! Full story... 65317

Lib - We did get married but we're gunna have a massive blessing once everything is sorted so my hubby and I can be in better spirits. He's disabled and hoping to have a big op this year to fix him.

We've not had a lot of luck!!! lol

13 days post op! Full story... 63412 I feel pretty good today - wishing away the weeks so I can get weighed! (I refuse to until my 6 week appointment! lol)
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: 13 days post op! Full story...   13 days post op! Full story... EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 5:01 am

Hello, welcome and what a fantastic introduction post.

Yes it really does put it out there for everyone that this is a serious operation and things can go wrong. Luckily you are still here to tell your story.

I'm glad things are going well for you so soon after surgery.

Did you get married before your surgery or are you still waiting? I hope you are still waiting so you can look fabulous on your wedding day.

13 days post op! Full story... 217555
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: 13 days post op! Full story...   13 days post op! Full story... EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 3:15 am

Hi AuntyVirus
Glad you're still here!
Yes, any surgery is dangerous and we mustn't ever forget that.
My mum died twice under anaesthetic when she had to have a procedure done after she gave birth to one of my sisters - she was allergic to the type of anaesthetic they used on her.
Good to hear that you're doing so well now.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: 13 days post op! Full story...   13 days post op! Full story... EmptyWed 17 Feb 2010, 12:30 am

Thank you for your story - and also for the reality check that this is serious surgery (the more so the bigger you are).

I am glad you did eventually come out of the anasthetic (or we wouldn't have heard your story of course) and I'm sure you will soon no longer be a 'fattie' or a 'big girl'.

Good luck
Caz
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: 13 days post op   13 days post op! Full story... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 11:03 pm

welcome and congrats, well done you are on the path to the new you.i too was sleeved on the 3rd of feb and had the company of another lady whom was sleeved by the same dr. etc. we both come through quite well. and yes i agree with you about not realising how big i actually was till i saw a photo of my self at my daughters uni graduation. when i was getting dressed i thought i looked ok, well thats not what that bloody photo said ...i have started walking this week just a short 20-30 mins and feel fine. i dont go back to work till the 8/3 as i have 4.30 start and can work long hours so i took the whole 4 wks off. anyway i hope you continue to get better and thinner every day..... 13 days post op! Full story... 542174
Back to top Go down
AuntyVirus
AuntyVirus

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: 13 days post op! Full story...   13 days post op! Full story... EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 10:15 pm

I am a 25 year old female from Kent. I've been a 'big girl' or 'fattie' (which I prefer!) for all my life. At my biggest I was 33 stones or 462lbs! It's amazing how, even when you know your fat you never realise how fat you are until you see a picture of yourself with a thin person. I never thought I was THAT big until my Dad's 60th birthday party pictures came back and I must admit to being put out.

However in August 2007 my friend died and was told it was because he was big. Obviously it scared the crap out of me and I had to do something about my weight.

I joined a local gym and stopped eating things that I knew I shouldn't. By November 2008 I was 26 stones or 364lbs. I was doing great, but then it decided to not move any more. I have since left the gym as it seemed I was paying a fortune for nothing to be happening to me. I must admit to slipping back slightly to eating chips but nowhere near as I used to eat before. I'm a comfort eater you see, so not losing weight made me upset - made me eat - made me fat, which starts the process off again!

In May I pulled my socks up and waded down to see my GP to ask if I can be referred to have a Gastric Band. I was told he'd write a letter and he'd see what he can do. So it turned into a waiting game. Around this time I was getting ready to get married to the love of my life Seb so I wasn't that worried about thinking every day about the GP getting back to me. However, two weeks later I got a call:

"Hello it's Sarah from Dr. Naveen's office, your funding has been approved and you have a choice of two hospitals: Charring Cross (Imperial) or Chelsea & Westminster"

To say I was in shock is an understatement. Most people I know wait 18months even longer for them to even apply funding but I was having my choice of hospitals already! Wow. I burst into tears and told my soon to be husband & Mum. They we're both excited yet weary for me. There was still loads to go through - see the consultant, see the dietitian and have a psych appointment - but I was ready and willing to do all of this!

I chose C&W, I can't say why because I didn't even look the hospitals up before I said one! I am however, glad I did.

I received a letter in the post saying that I had to go on the 17th July to see Mr Bonanomi (my consultant) so he can decide what route to take with surgery. I must admit to now being nervous. I'd watched so many 'Fat Doctor' programmes so I'd know what I was in for but as much as you think it prepares you - it doesn't stop the knotting in your stomach!!! I travelled up by Coach & Tube, which was a bit of a nightmare the first time you do it and I later learned that getting the bus once you got to Victoria was much easier! (211 from outside the coach station for those that want to know).

My first impression of the hospital was that it was more like a museum/art gallery. All these hanging things and pictures that would cost you around £400 if you wanted to buy them. Stupid. But whatever right? It was clean and that's what was important. I made my way up to Outpatients 2 to wait for this man to change my life forever. I waited for about an hour which to be honest, I wasn't bothered by. Normally I go mad when I have to wait but it didn't seem forever to be honest. When I got in there I'd never been so scared! But things seemed to be OK. He said that he'd rather do a Gastric Bypass as it produces better results - so I was more than game for that.

I had three hurdles to make before I was allowed my operation.
1: Pre Op Appointment
2: Dietitian
3: Psychologist

Pre-Op: This was the EASY bit, a small chat... Blood tests, pulse rate, weigh in etc. Definately the easiest bit of the whole process.
Dietitian: An hour long appointment asking you question about your eating patterns and what the diet before and after entails. LOTS of information to take in then but you get plenty of leaflets! Take a notebook with you if your forgetful like I am!!! lol
Psychologist: Mind fuck time! Question after question after question. Why? What? Where? How? It lasts for about 4o mins, I seemed to get through with no issues other than my OCD and my eating pattern.

I got my date of 3rd February :) I was sooooooooooo excited!!!

I went into hospital on the 3rd as planned, but while I was under they had to change the bypass to the sleeve. There were complications and I died twice while coming out of the anesthetic. I say this because it's not all 'great' stories all the time. We sign the paperwork to say we know it can happen... So I'm not too worried!!!

I am now 13 days post op and have lost a stone! (14lbs). I feel great in myself and am looking forward to my new life :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13 days post op! Full story...   13 days post op! Full story... Empty

Back to top Go down

13 days post op! Full story...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: