AuthorMessage
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2012-08-28

So many complications - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptySat 10 May 2014, 12:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone, 

Some of you know the thread I started in this section because I've experienced so many problems post sleeve I wanted to share my story as some who know me feel it helpful and indeed I had lots of incredibly positive feedback. I just had it deleted.

Sadly again yesterday I discovered sharing my story yesterday publically left interpretation wide open and the one thing I can never have happen is anyone criticise my surgeon or indeed any one of my medical team from dietician to psychologist to gp or the great team in my surgeons office who are always so kind to me.

I have never said anything negative, only wonderful about my medical team as I firmly believe my situation is bad luck and that is all. But I guess other surgeons need their egos boosting so read this site and then decide to question my surgeon. I'm devastated. I am just lucky I have the most supportive surgeon there is.

I wanted to be part of this forum so I had somewhere to turn as only one person outside this community knows the truth. My complications have been awful and I am still tube fed, exhausted, in pain and a myriad of other things over 18months from that first op. I've had many necessary surgeries and almost 20 admissions, so yes, I struggle to cope sometimes so I turn here. I also like to help others as then some good has come out of this despite the fact I am completely utterly miserable.

But from here on, I am happy to discuss by private message, to chat or offer any insight or advice. But I won't post anymore, it's hurt me too much. ASIDE this incident my patience is a little shot....I've had a couple of people want to know a little too much about my situation and then seem to claim they have same yet it didn't add up (tho that wasn't this site), I've had a friend I made claim she was having urgent surgery, but she wasn't and I knew that whilst I then watched everyone give her support yet it was just a lie she admitted to me after mixing up the details, also people who don't help themselves or blow simple things out of proportion. The online world is a bizarre place. I'm extra sensitive I know because I deal with alot so it's my problem and only way I can deal with it is to ignore it. There seems to be a lot of attention seeking which whilst my story may appear it was certainly never the intention and I would hate it to be interpreted that way. I am not someone who copes well with fuss, I'd rather just step away.

I am happy to help anyone who needs my help and in particular those like me for whom this turned into a disaster simply due to bad luck. So I look forward to pm messages.

All the best
Suzy
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
aussiearies
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyTue 07 Apr 2015, 10:34 pm

Dear Suzy

YOU haven't let anything or anyone down. You are fighting hard to keep going through no fault of your own, and please don't think it is your fault that you had or needed the surgery.

YOU are incredibly strong to keep going as you have, a lot of people would not even be working in your circumstances.

The part time is I hope a good thing to give you time to get feeling better and stronger.

YOU must be considered to be a very valuable staff member for your employer to continue to want to help you and be supportive of your medical condition.

And finally YOU have a lot of support here from those who are inspired by your fight and from all of us here who know that this could have been them.

I wish you healing and better days ahead.
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyTue 07 Apr 2015, 10:14 pm

Thank you kiss

Yesterday was really tough. I fell apart in my bosses office and went through a box of tissues and shook so bad Hr tried to stop the meeting but I insisted on continuing. The outcome is my role will be changed to less responsibility to reduce pressure on me and permanent part time to help with their planning. I still have complete flexibility and time off when I need (albeit unpaid which is understandable). All the right reasons, they were actually very supportive and im exceptionally lucky I have a job at all after all this time, but still feels like failure to me. Still feels Ive lost their trust, and the seniority I have worked so hard to achieve. I know I should be grateful...I am, but still hurts. It hurts like hell that I've let my career down, and my financial future, all thanks to this damn surgery.....So many complications - Page 3 68366So many complications - Page 3 68366
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyTue 07 Apr 2015, 2:06 pm

Hey Suzy
Just thinking of you and hoping your day wasn't too hard.
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 Apr 2015, 10:40 pm

Suzy

It might be a bit late for me to suggest this, but if you are in a Union talk to them or Fair Work Australia just to understand your rights in relation to employment and sickness. It helps you to know what an employer can and can't do so you don't feel intimidated. Wendy's suggestion of having someone with you is a great one so that the person can observe and can have a clear recollection of what was said.

As a participant in these sorts of meetings you can forget things that they say or that you want to cover.

Good luck with it all.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 Apr 2015, 3:09 pm

Hi Suzy,

I'm just posting so you know that others are sending positive vibes and best wishes your way. I always read your posts and cannot believe what you have had to go through.

I wish you all the best with the work thing and hope the outcome is not what you are half expecting. Try to take someone in with you and be ready to negotiate if possible, ie; reduced hours or some leave without pay with an opportunity to return once you are well are not great but are preferable to being given your marching orders.  Sorry if I'm off the mark as I don't know the ins and outs, but I'm just saying to be as prepared and supported as you possibly can. Once again, please try not to go in alone!!!

Take care!
Back to top Go down
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm

Let us know how you go, Suzy. We may be silent for a while but we are here to offer whatever support we can. Sending you cyber hugs and prayers.
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 Apr 2015, 11:53 am

Thinking of you Suzy and hope that the infection goes quickly. You have had far too much to contend with so I hope the meeting with HR goes OK for you.

So many complications - Page 3 217555
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 Apr 2015, 11:39 am

Thanks guys, unfortunately as usual im cursed....I ended up in emergency last week then three more days in hospital after the tube fell out. I got it back in but not without issues. Since leaving hospital it's now infected so im trying to avoid hospital with a basic course of antibiotics and will see on weds if I need to go in for the stronger stuff.

In other news my amazingly supportive employers patience has run out and tomorrow is a big meeting with Hr so im freaking out. The pshychatrist has already said to call her if it doesn't go well and she will get me in the psych hospital
 She knows if I lose my job that's it. So wish me luck.

I really wish an end was in sight. Im struggling to cope so much nowadays. I get confused and can't think and cry at every tiny thing. I feel so fragile. It's been two and a half years and im exhausted.

I really appreciate the support of everyone in this group. I think of you all often and hope you're all doing well.
Xxx
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Mar 2015, 2:22 pm

Suzy,

I'm not very good with words but I do wish you all the best, hopefully this new tube will behave itself.

kiss So many complications - Page 3 217555]

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Mar 2015, 1:02 pm

Not much I can say to help but I am thinking of you Suzy and hoping that you can turn a corner on all of this soon. 

Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptySun 29 Mar 2015, 12:27 pm

Thank you for all your messages of support. The surgery went well and new feeding tube is in. Some scar tissue around the sleeve was also cut out so im a bit sore around there too but othereise ok, not my best recovery and had breathing issues the first twenty four hours then some fevers and some leaking serous food from the tube site which scares the crao out of me after these where the signs I first went septic. Sadly I got some new bad news about my motility issues spreadijg too and if we don't pay attention to my colon issues I'll end up on a bag. This upset me greatly then a few days of hospital errors didn't help my mind coping and I had a breakdown, onc.i was physically stronger I got sent the psychiatric hospital where I spent a few days before discharging myself though I will be going back in a few weeks time as I do need some head space right now. Thank you all for your ongoing support. My story goes on and and isn't exactly upLifting so I approecats those that stick by me. Hope,you're all well....total nights in hospital are noe at 183...very sad xx
Back to top Go down
stealthy cat

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2014-12-19

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptySun 08 Mar 2015, 12:24 pm

Suzy I hope all goes well for you on March 10th xxx
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 3:46 am

Dear Suzy

So sorry that things continue to be so tough for you. I hope the change to the other tube will be good for you. I imagine you are so tired of all the complications and I wish for you a brighter future in the coming months.
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptySun 01 Mar 2015, 1:35 am

Well itsbeen a while since my last update in December and as I know many of you continue to follow my story and support me and message Id update you on the latest. I've been pretty unwell with dizzy spells and fainting since the last surgery in November to fix up my bowel and ended up in hospital again about 4 weeks ago due to the low blood pressure and fainting in a coffee shop. Was a brief stay but horrible as it was public not my usual spot and I was in a tiny filthy hot room with three old men. Anyways since then I've had to face I can't live on these nasal feeding tubes anymore. It was worth a try to switch from my troublesome j tubes back to Nj in November but is almost five months since then and the time has come to return to the J tube in my tummy. I can't stand the monthly endoscopies the nasal tubes require. Im now up to 28 of those. Im also sick of being stared at and asked what's wrong with me by total strangers. Sore throats are killing me too. I was given a choice and this is the option that will cause me least amount of distress in my opinion despite all the problems I had in the past. So my 13th major surgery in 2.5 years due to all this will be March 10th. Wish me luck xx
Back to top Go down
arna
Part of the furniture
arna

Female
Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Dec 2014, 9:22 am

Suzy, it's moments like these I wished I believed in God and could pray for you.  Yes, please, 2015, let it be far less troublesome than 2014!

So hope your holiday with your great friend is lovely for you, god, you deserve it if anyone does!!!

xxx

ps, thanks for keeping on updating us, it's great you come back and tell us how things are, we are all so concerned for you and it's very valuable to understand the potential risks of WLS.
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyTue 02 Dec 2014, 10:10 am

Hi everyone...just updating that I spent three further days in hospital last week but ok now. Praying 2015 will be a better year. 22 admissions in 26 months is just too much and I've had enough. About to have a much needed holiday with a wonderful friend....hope you all are well and thank you always for the kind messages of support xxx
Back to top Go down
Toran
Part of the furniture
Toran

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptySun 09 Nov 2014, 2:31 am

That's fantastic news hopefully it's a sign of good things to come.  

Speedy recovery Suzy So many complications - Page 3 217555
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyFri 07 Nov 2014, 8:26 am

Couldn't wait to share the fabulous news Suzy is home from the hospital YAY YAY YAY YAY

So many complications - Page 3 487524 So many complications - Page 3 487524 So many complications - Page 3 487524 So many complications - Page 3 487524 So many complications - Page 3 487524 So many complications - Page 3 487524 So many complications - Page 3 487524 So many complications - Page 3 487524 So many complications - Page 3 487524 So many complications - Page 3 487524 

So many complications - Page 3 446871 So many complications - Page 3 446871 So many complications - Page 3 446871 So many complications - Page 3 446871 So many complications - Page 3 446871 So many complications - Page 3 446871 So many complications - Page 3 446871 So many complications - Page 3 446871 So many complications - Page 3 446871 So many complications - Page 3 446871
Back to top Go down
Maryle

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Nov 2014, 9:31 am

URGENT UPDATE

Nasty side effects.....nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea from one bottle of Fortisip.

Maybe lactose intolerance.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Certainly better than bowel prep for colonoscopy!
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Nov 2014, 6:51 am

Nice to hear some good news from both Suzy and Maryle. Hoping you are both on the road to recovery.
Back to top Go down
Maryle

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyThu 06 Nov 2014, 6:45 am

I'm happy to hear you came through surgery with flying colours.

Now for a good recovery.

I'm in hospital too.

Lots of tests but best of all, the dietician has put me on a supplement drink called Fortisip. It's a 60ml bottle of high energy, high protein concentrate that is the tastiest drink I've ever been given. I'm on it four times a day along with my new (backwards) soft/mushy food regime. Had a stomach blockage and couldn't swallow saliva again...yuck. So 18g of protein and 300kcal per bottle and tastes like coconut milkshake. Oh, I forgot, it also comes in 30ml bottles if 60mls seems too much to handle. It is made by Nutricia.

I'm just suggesting it if it's available. It's the best I've tried by far.

Good luck with your recovery.
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 8:10 am

Suzy, 

that is great news and its amazing that you feel well enough to let us know what's going on. Hopefully this is the turning point for you and you can get your life back.
So many complications - Page 3 542174 So many complications - Page 3 542174 So many complications - Page 3 542174

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 5:41 am

Surgery went really well. Far better than my surgeon expected hence my ability to update you. He got everything he needed to and did a thorough check of everything, I won't go into detail but I'm very hopeful right now that this is a new beginning for me. I'm staying on nasal feeding tubes as I can't take the anxiety of tummy ones anymore or the pain they cause as my body just didn't want it.

Thank you for all the kind messages of support as always it gives me a boost

Xxx
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptyTue 04 Nov 2014, 11:10 am

Thinking of you today and always

Julie and Tony

So many complications - Page 3 217555 So many complications - Page 3 217555 So many complications - Page 3 217555 So many complications - Page 3 217555 So many complications - Page 3 217555 So many complications - Page 3 217555 So many complications - Page 3 217555 So many complications - Page 3 217555 

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Back to top Go down
Toran
Part of the furniture
Toran

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Nov 2014, 8:37 pm

I hope everything goes well tomorrow Suzy, I'll be thinking of you.

Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 EmptySun 02 Nov 2014, 7:46 pm

Hi Jules and everyone, I have surgery tomorrow pm and hoping it goes well. I'll update as soon as in able to. I have been warned it will be tricky due to the amount of scar tissue I have. I was asked to decide on whether to have a new tummy tube put in during the op or opt to live on nasal feeding tubes for the foreseeable future. THE tummy tube has never been stable and the anxiety alone from worrying it was leaking,septic and falling out all the time not to mention the painful fortnightly stitching is just too much. So nose tubes it is. I am trying very hard to drink nutrition in the hope that one day I can live on a high cal liquid diet and no tube in time for my charity event in July. It's a tough goal but im feeling pretty determined right now after lying here for for weeks so far.

Thanks as always for the kind messages. Hope you all have a good week.
Xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

So many complications
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next