AuthorMessage
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

No complications for me..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: No complications for me.....   No complications for me..... EmptyMon 06 Sep 2010, 2:21 pm

All went great for me,no problems at all.

No complications for me..... 63412

Sharon
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: No complications for me.....   No complications for me..... EmptySat 21 Aug 2010, 12:22 am

Apparently my bp went quite low after surgery for a while. Nothing else!
Back to top Go down
babykins69

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: NO complications from me either   No complications for me..... EmptyFri 20 Aug 2010, 11:35 pm

Wet off without a hitch, hardly any pain, no infections nothing,
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: No complications for me.....   No complications for me..... EmptySun 06 Jun 2010, 4:00 am

Hi there

I didn't have any complications but I know of one lady who did, she had a collapsed lung and had to go to Brisbane for a few weeks. She had only just got out of hospital when it happened so I'm assuming (I don't know) that complications occur fairly early on in the piece, so if you are a month or so post op, you can be reasonable reassured that you are not going to have a complication, especially when you have gone past the point where you are eating solid food again.

This is a useful thread to have because while the complications are rare & we aren't trying to scare people, this is still a major operation & people need to be aware that complications can happen. These are mainly a leak from the staple line or a blood vessel not being sealed off properly. My surgeon informed me of these risks and said if either of these happened I would end up in hospital for a few weeks while they were fixed up.

Even with these risks, I don't regret having this op done as my health has improved so much & hopefully I won't need my liver operated on which is what I was facing pre-sleeve which would have been so much worse.

cheers, Kat
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: No complications for me.....   No complications for me..... EmptySun 06 Jun 2010, 2:46 am

Hey guys ! I've been told if you're going to have a leak it'll happen within the first 2 weeks andthen if it doesn't you're ok ?
Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated
xx
Back to top Go down
http://sosamalicious.blogspot.com
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: No complications for me.....   No complications for me..... EmptySun 30 May 2010, 12:17 pm

No complications for me either... sleeved 15th December 2009.... everything went perfectly!
Back to top Go down
kaysa9
kaysa9

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-04-25

PostSubject: Re: No complications for me.....   No complications for me..... EmptySun 30 May 2010, 11:23 am

Week four, and I have had a tiny infection in one of my incisions. Thats about it so far.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: No complications for me.....   No complications for me..... EmptySun 30 May 2010, 10:26 am

No complications for me either...........
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: No complications for me.....   No complications for me..... EmptySun 30 May 2010, 10:13 am

This will be my first and last post on this thread.

No Complications for me.......

Max
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No complications for me.....   No complications for me..... Empty

Back to top Go down

No complications for me.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: