AuthorMessage
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2012-08-28

So many complications - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptySat 10 May 2014, 12:59 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone, 

Some of you know the thread I started in this section because I've experienced so many problems post sleeve I wanted to share my story as some who know me feel it helpful and indeed I had lots of incredibly positive feedback. I just had it deleted.

Sadly again yesterday I discovered sharing my story yesterday publically left interpretation wide open and the one thing I can never have happen is anyone criticise my surgeon or indeed any one of my medical team from dietician to psychologist to gp or the great team in my surgeons office who are always so kind to me.

I have never said anything negative, only wonderful about my medical team as I firmly believe my situation is bad luck and that is all. But I guess other surgeons need their egos boosting so read this site and then decide to question my surgeon. I'm devastated. I am just lucky I have the most supportive surgeon there is.

I wanted to be part of this forum so I had somewhere to turn as only one person outside this community knows the truth. My complications have been awful and I am still tube fed, exhausted, in pain and a myriad of other things over 18months from that first op. I've had many necessary surgeries and almost 20 admissions, so yes, I struggle to cope sometimes so I turn here. I also like to help others as then some good has come out of this despite the fact I am completely utterly miserable.

But from here on, I am happy to discuss by private message, to chat or offer any insight or advice. But I won't post anymore, it's hurt me too much. ASIDE this incident my patience is a little shot....I've had a couple of people want to know a little too much about my situation and then seem to claim they have same yet it didn't add up (tho that wasn't this site), I've had a friend I made claim she was having urgent surgery, but she wasn't and I knew that whilst I then watched everyone give her support yet it was just a lie she admitted to me after mixing up the details, also people who don't help themselves or blow simple things out of proportion. The online world is a bizarre place. I'm extra sensitive I know because I deal with alot so it's my problem and only way I can deal with it is to ignore it. There seems to be a lot of attention seeking which whilst my story may appear it was certainly never the intention and I would hate it to be interpreted that way. I am not someone who copes well with fuss, I'd rather just step away.

I am happy to help anyone who needs my help and in particular those like me for whom this turned into a disaster simply due to bad luck. So I look forward to pm messages.

All the best
Suzy
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014, 9:07 am

Thanks bluebags.  It seems people can be a bit zealous about any wls :)
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014, 9:02 am

Mabrahmz unfortunately Suzy was a member of a Facebook group she was not treated well on site it seems many people can't take that the op doesn't always go swimmingly this site was pretty good she stopped posting here for other reasons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 9:22 am

If a surgeon is causing you to question your choice of surgeon or team or any distress, they should be publicly outed and blacklisted.  It is no-one's place to do that, least of all a surgeon who should know better.  I know I would want to know who they were so I could avoid them.  There is no integrity in such behaviour.

Please don't stop posting.  I don't know very much about your story, but I think it is an important one.  We can get caught up in all the glowing success stories and sometimes forget this is surgery and there is a very real risk of complications, even death.  It is important we be aware of all of it before deciding to go ahead.  Suzy, your experience is just as important and valid as everyone else's.   Please do stay visible here.  Or if you'd feel better, maybe join the facebook group, it's a closed group so only members can see what you post.
Back to top Go down
arna
Part of the furniture
arna

Female
Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014, 5:57 am

Hi Suzy, I'm so sad that your post was removed! I completely understand you withdrawing from this online world. I wish you all the very, very best and I hope you'll be much better in the not too distant future. You're an incredible woman and it's sad to loose your presence here because of thoughtless and self-interested individuals! It's very reassuring to know you've got some terrific friends, even though I hardly know you, I'm very glad to have 'met' you.
Arna, xxxx
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptyWed 09 Jul 2014, 5:12 am

you are a champion. still able to work just amazes me. it might a dumb thing to say but it is a huge achievement

love you heaps my friend  So many complications - Page 5 542174
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptyTue 08 Jul 2014, 8:51 am

I am so touched by the kind words below. I saw it yesterday and was brought to tears. I am incredibly lucky to have the support of so many, in particular the lovely beautiful souls who have made comment here and that I have been priviledged to have met several of them in person. A huge thanks also to the personal messages I have received. I am so grateful.

My weight continues to drop which is my major focus right now as is far too low and I continue to have some ups and downs (collapsing in pain at work today and spending the rest of the day in bed with fevers but hopefully this is just 'one of those episodes' and won't result in any hospital needs!!). I had a new feeding tube fitted last week too. Well that wasn't pleasant! I don't recommend it...In the scheme of things however, I am doing ok!

Sending you all my love
Suzy xx
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptySun 06 Jul 2014, 11:14 am

Oh I was so worried you had thought you had upset her and I knew you hadn't xo  If anything you have always been lovely on this site to everyone no matter the question.  I know I have found it to be a bit harder myself to be supportive and polite especially when people are struggling with the sleeve and then go oh well, I'll just have the bypass instead....  I've had to reign in my thoughts and try to express them in a more positive way and I know this is something other long term bypasses have felt too.  I'm trying not to give up too though in educating them but sometimes I just have to shut the screen down and walk away.

Yes, some of the forums are just plain NASTY and I left that one before it got worse and joined another (PM me if you want the details) that are always full of fun and laughter, admitting without fear if they have something nawdy and never being dictated on 'the rules'.  I've got a couple of friends still on it and the stories I have heard make my draw drop!  How Suzy was treated on there was disgusting and I would be like her, hold it in rather then share when so viciously attacked by a 'support group'!  

I am on the lovely one although I rarely post as it is harder to compare the two ops since I only had the sleeve for such a short time but I love the positive vibe of the site and the general community support that is in no way focused on weight loss - just have fun whilst doing and celebrating when they hit their milestones - small and big :-)  You can tell when a person switches by their carefully worded comments and please don't tell me off and immediately everyone jumps on and says - no silly questions, I've done something much worse and this is the site where you can be open without fear :-)  There is no tough love and to it MY way, it's do it to suit your lifestyle and enjoy your life - whilst having your cake too!!

So sad that someone as beautiful as Suzy has not only had sh*t deal that has continued on for years, but she has taken it mostly in her stride without being bitter or angry - always knowing her Doctor and the team are watching out for her and just keep on trying (rather then throwing their arms in the air and offloading her to another Doctor) and always putting others before herself, never complaining about the raw deal.  She is truly an inspiration and shows her true character because if it was me - man I would be one angry b*tch!!  LOL x
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptySun 06 Jul 2014, 8:30 am

Garfield fear not I know it wasn't me Suzy and I are friends and I would never say anything at all to hurt her I think maybe you read my comment wrong I wasn't feeling bad for saying anything I just read at that time that someone had yet again put their foot in their mouth and said something not nice.  I do know that some comments to her have been on other forums I also only speak to her though PM or emails. 

Thanks for thinking of me and ofcourse our beautiful Suzy once anyone meets her they could never fail to instantly love her.
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptySat 05 Jul 2014, 10:08 pm

Hey Blue Bags, I had a chat Suzy regarding this post a while ago as I was concerned about her and it was NOTHING to do with anything you or any member on this forum.  In fact she has always found this forum to be very supportive but the reality is, it's an OPEN forum so you don't need to be member to read posts, or eve if you are a member, who is to say they are who they are?

I must get it contact with her soon as it's been so long!  Life gets in the way sometimes but it never means they are not in your thoughts daily.  She is a lovely and helpful soul that I completely admire (along with the wonderful Glenys).  Both my bypass buddies and we have had it shi*t in different ways (hence I would never recommend the bypass over a sleeve.

So please don't stress as nothing you said.  And she is a tough little bugger - she would PM you if she thought you xo
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptySat 05 Jul 2014, 2:15 pm

some people are just dumb. you had some very helpful stuff in your topic. anyway thinking of you :)
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptySun 11 May 2014, 6:26 am

Chin up Suzy sorry that words have been misinterpreted yet again I missed that post so I don't know what was in it but I do understand that you have just had enough.  I don't know if people really understand your situation and maybe thats why they react the way they do I hope it is just from ignorance and not straight out malice.

As you know all I wish for you is that you will be able to claw your way back to good health it may take some time but as long as it happens "T" and I will be happy.  Try as hard as you can to forget the mean comments and know that they are isolated and not what the vast majority believe or feel.

Love always

Julie
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 EmptySat 10 May 2014, 12:59 am

Hi everyone, 

Some of you know the thread I started in this section because I've experienced so many problems post sleeve I wanted to share my story as some who know me feel it helpful and indeed I had lots of incredibly positive feedback. I just had it deleted.

Sadly again yesterday I discovered sharing my story yesterday publically left interpretation wide open and the one thing I can never have happen is anyone criticise my surgeon or indeed any one of my medical team from dietician to psychologist to gp or the great team in my surgeons office who are always so kind to me.

I have never said anything negative, only wonderful about my medical team as I firmly believe my situation is bad luck and that is all. But I guess other surgeons need their egos boosting so read this site and then decide to question my surgeon. I'm devastated. I am just lucky I have the most supportive surgeon there is.

I wanted to be part of this forum so I had somewhere to turn as only one person outside this community knows the truth. My complications have been awful and I am still tube fed, exhausted, in pain and a myriad of other things over 18months from that first op. I've had many necessary surgeries and almost 20 admissions, so yes, I struggle to cope sometimes so I turn here. I also like to help others as then some good has come out of this despite the fact I am completely utterly miserable.

But from here on, I am happy to discuss by private message, to chat or offer any insight or advice. But I won't post anymore, it's hurt me too much. ASIDE this incident my patience is a little shot....I've had a couple of people want to know a little too much about my situation and then seem to claim they have same yet it didn't add up (tho that wasn't this site), I've had a friend I made claim she was having urgent surgery, but she wasn't and I knew that whilst I then watched everyone give her support yet it was just a lie she admitted to me after mixing up the details, also people who don't help themselves or blow simple things out of proportion. The online world is a bizarre place. I'm extra sensitive I know because I deal with alot so it's my problem and only way I can deal with it is to ignore it. There seems to be a lot of attention seeking which whilst my story may appear it was certainly never the intention and I would hate it to be interpreted that way. I am not someone who copes well with fuss, I'd rather just step away.

I am happy to help anyone who needs my help and in particular those like me for whom this turned into a disaster simply due to bad luck. So I look forward to pm messages.

All the best
Suzy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So many complications   So many complications - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

So many complications
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5