5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs Empty
PostSubject: Re: When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs   When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 9:40 am

I think the batwings are something we must embrace. Do what I do, chase small children up and down the hallway while you flap away. It's very amusing..

But seriously.. don't try to do too much.. we tend to feel invincible, but we really aren't. Wait til the six weeks is up, then ease into it.
Back to top Go down
MrMick
Part of the furniture
MrMick

Male
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs   When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 7:56 am

Hi Spazwok, my Surgeon is ultra conservative and he said I can go back to mowing lawns after 4 weeks ,  believe me that's as good as any gym workout. 

Take the time to listen to your body and don't push it  :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.lawnmowingbrisbane.com
Vix
Vix

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-04-15

PostSubject: Re: When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs   When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 6:19 am

spazwok wrote:
Arghhh really lizzzzz? 

I am freaking out about how flappy my arms are getting lolol I was having a breakdown and calling them my wings last night!

Wow 30 kilos in 3 months ... that is so cool.
You have done a great job, don't blow it by stress and strain too early.
Enjoy your success for now.

Vix  When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs 446871  When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs 542174
Back to top Go down
spazzi

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs   When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014, 5:22 am

Arghhh really lizzzzz? 

I am freaking out about how flappy my arms are getting lolol I was having a breakdown and calling them my wings last night!
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs   When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014, 10:25 pm

Wait these two extra weeks!
Back to top Go down
Graceful

Female
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs   When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014, 4:10 pm

Congratulations on the weight loss. Amazing effort!

Resistance bands are good in lieu of weights. You can control the resistance so start with light and adjust to avoid pain and strain on your new stomach.

If your doctor recommended 6 weeks I wouldn't push your body. Another 2 weeks wait won't make much difference to your muscle tone in the long run, but causing an injury is a real risk and could result in an even longer recovery.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
spazzi

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs   When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014, 11:48 am

I am 4 weeks post op and since the beginning of Feb I've lost 30kgs. I am super happy with it, it's amazing but I am starting to get floppy in some areas, especially my arms.

The dr said wait 6 weeks to do any lifting, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any light weigh exercise I could do now to start tightening myself up?

I am anticipating having lots of skin but if I can do a little bit to reduc it, I really want to!

I wass thinking of getting a punch bag too? Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs   When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs Empty

Back to top Go down

When can I start weights? 4 weeks post op, down 30kgs
Page 1 of 1