AuthorMessage
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Little update from me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little update from me   Little update from me EmptyMon 03 Mar 2014, 1:09 am

I got told I was suffering depression and having an anxiety attack when I woke up in hospital unable to breath.  Throwing a tantrum and demanding tests (even though I was so weak and could barely talk) they found out I had pneumonia!  They still went with the depression theory for another 2 weeks, even sending a psychologist around and I told them I was was upset and depressed with the treatment I had received, so I had every right to be friggen angry!  They never mentioned depression ever again!

Agree with Bluebags - go see someone else, a surgeon that is experienced, responsible and willing to fix a lying surgeon's eff up.  When you get well - report him to AMA!!  It might be a fair drive out of your way to see them, but it would be better to get yourself fixed now rather then continually delaying.  The longer you are sick, the longer it takes to recover after the ordeal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little update from me   Little update from me EmptyMon 03 Mar 2014, 12:13 am

I know I'm cynical but I have good cause.

I had been a very healthy person....only ever went to the doctor for prescriptions and the occasional sick certificate for colds etc. then out of the blue I got really sick. I couldn't breathe, I was blue, I had fevers of over 40......I went to the GP....he didn't even listen to my chest....told me I had a touch of bronchitis...told me to take a day off work then go back to work after the weekend.

Within two days I was on a ventilator in ICU with pneumonia in all lobes both lungs and heart failure. That GP almost killed me.

Since then I've had so many bad medical interventions it's not funny.....how about paying $50,000 out of my own pocket for chemo only to be told afterwards that I didn't need that chemo! I sold my house to fund that chemo!

That's not even mentioning the incompetence and cover ups I've seen in my career!
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Little update from me   Little update from me EmptySun 02 Mar 2014, 11:38 pm

There I was thinking how lucky the WA people were in getting there ops cheaper but it seems that paying a much larger fee and getting a reliable Dr who doesn't lie though his teeth is the way to go.  How sad it is that neither of you new what kind of ethics this man had pre op maybe put his name into your posts so others can see that long travel to find someone else is worth it just to feel safe from this sleaze ball who likes to bury his mistakes literally.  I hope sway you are wrong with the stats but my mother was the one who always drummed that saying of Drs bury the mistakes into my head and she is 82 god help all in SW WA.

Yes good luck on Wednesday but don't take no for an answer if it not sealed please seek help from someone else if necessary your life depends on it.
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Little update from me   Little update from me EmptySun 02 Mar 2014, 3:16 am

Thanks Sway and Cee
I was quoted $1600 but then I had to pay $2300 as it had gone up, I think its gone up again since then, When I phone his office he still usually sees me but when I asked him if I had to make another appointment to see him he told me no even though my problem still isn't fixed.  Im hoping Wednesday will bring me good news at least.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Little update from me   Little update from me EmptySun 02 Mar 2014, 2:47 am

No he doesn't tell the truth to others about his leaks.

I had the same surgeon 3 years ago. I got a leak. He fixed it stat for me (was found 24 hours after surgery)... But then when I went to a sleevers meet up about a year later, we were discussing the surgeon, and complications, and majority of ladies all said that he still only speaks of ever having one leak - which was a gent that ate a "rock cake" after surgery, so therefore caused it himself, nothing to do with surgical skills.

If I had my time over, I'd still get sleeved, I'd just go to a different surgeon.

When you think about it, he's the only one in the south west that does it, therefore he can charge a massive surgical fee if he wanted to (and people would pay) - but he's one of the cheapest in Australia (my fee was $1300, but I'm told it's slightly higher now, but still under 2K). That's saying something.

Sorry for the rant Veronica. I hope things go well on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Little update from me   Little update from me EmptySun 02 Mar 2014, 1:48 am

Veronica, I've tried to bite my tongue but honestly.......your surgeon sounds bloody awful.  He's worse than useless, he's dangerous. He is not permitted to discharge you from his care while you still have a complication!

Have you got a medical complaints department in WA?  No one likes complaining about doctors but it needs to be done. It's not just you I'm thinking about....has he done this to other people? (I don't mean the leak, those things happen. I mean not giving appropriate care once you have a complication)  if he washes his hands of patients who have had problems he is potentially allowing them to die. Scary to think he'd do that to a 20 year old isn't it?

It would be interesting to see if he tells the truth if someone else goes to see him pre op and asks if he's ever had anyone get a leak.  I wonder how honest he would be.

I often chuckle to myself where I see on here that people go in and ask the surgeon how many people they've operated on who got complications......do they think they get a truthful answer....seriously?

I worked with doctors for about 35 years, I trust about 15% of them to tell the truth. In my experience surgeons are less trustworthy than medical doctors. I'm not saying they aren't skilled and competent....they just bend the truth to suit the situation..

CALL ME CYNICAL.
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Little update from me   Little update from me EmptySun 02 Mar 2014, 1:22 am

Hi Everyone Little update from me 217555 
Hope all the Diamonds are doing well. Little update from me 542174   Im still battling on, I am now allowed a small amount of pureed food 12 weeks post op lol, Little update from me 446871  just quarter cup but since my drain fell out a few weeks ago ive noticed ive slowly been getting more pain, Little update from me 427584  mainly around the site where the drain was, its also getting hard and lumpy but im managing it with regular panadol at the moment.  Don't know what it is or why its doing it but all I know is im now in more pain than the days after surgery.  Little update from me 81722  I go to Perth on Wednesday for another endioscope and Ill mention it to the surgeon there are my surgeon has basically said I don't need to see him anymore, mind you if I feel the need Ill be right back up there because I have no one else to turn to now,  Little update from me 302927  If there is still a leak then Im not sure what they are going to do, maybe put me back on nasal feeds, guess Ill find out Wednesday. Little update from me 63412 
Veronica
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little update from me   Little update from me Empty

Back to top Go down

Little update from me
Page 1 of 1