Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shirolin72

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-01-22

Pre op diet Optifast...  im a novice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre op diet Optifast... im a novice    Pre op diet Optifast...  im a novice  EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014, 12:03 pm

Hi Shazzi, I am also scheduled in Feb on the 20th in Adelaide, I have been on Optifast now for 8 days and not too bad, mine is Optifast 3 meals a day, water and 2 cups veggies from the list with a little oil with herbs and spices as well as diet jelly, sugar free gum/lollies. In saying Optifast there is a range of products, I really only like the chocolate and banana shakes, I have also bought the bars a berry crunch , chocolate crunch bar and there is a chocolate bar as well that is almost fudgy and the dessert which is like a mousse 2 flavours, there are soups but I think I prefer to make my own with what is on the veggie list. I usually have a shake in the morning before work, then at work take a bar and a small salad then for tea a shake with cooked veggies and diet jelly. I drink soda water, and try to limit my Pepsi max.I did find I needed more than two cups of veggies some days so called the dietitian who said that was fine to eat more than the two cups as long as they were on the list. The other thing I do is to write everything down even though it is almost the same but it keeps me from wanting something else. Just 22 days to go for me but knowing it's all part of this journey it will be worth it. All the very best for your journey.
Back to top Go down
Angy77

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pre op diet Optifast... im a novice    Pre op diet Optifast...  im a novice  EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014, 9:17 pm

Hi, Im also being sleeved in february (4th) so Im also on the optifast diet. Mine sounds the same as yours Miss Nik and I can also have diet cordial and miso soups for snacks, Im on day 4 now and so far have not eaten over 800 calories a day, and the only time so far Ive been hungry was the first day. Excited but nervous and can't wait for it to be done now.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Pre op diet Optifast... im a novice    Pre op diet Optifast...  im a novice  EmptySat 18 Jan 2014, 9:10 am

Hi Shazzi,
I too am being sleeved in Feb (1st)  and have just started my pre op diet. I do think it varies slightly from surgeon to surgeon but this is mine just to give you an idea.

Three opti fast shakes a day (made on water)
2 cups of vedetables or salad from the list (basically all the green ones, low starch stuff)- you can use herbs, spices and a splash of oil and small amounts of dressing to add flavour

on top of that I can have clear soup, diet jelly, cherry tomatoes, tea and coffee (no mil)  as snacks

I have to drink 2-3 litres of water a day

Today is my fourth day and its actually not that bad. I have managed to eat out ( just ordered a green salad) and fitted it in also with my shift work schedule. I am certainly not hungry but I do notice every bit of food other people are eating lol
I did have two small handmade chocolates tonight and I must admit I feel guily. I started a few days early as I knew I had two dinners out that I had to go to and it was with people who didnt know so I can assure you I am really looking forward to those meals! I think they will be what keeps me on track until 1st Feb.

Also, come joing our February sleevers goup - listed under the sleevers monthly and we can all go through this together.

I am pretty chuffed to see a loss on the scales of 3.3kg so far. I know that will slow but its a good incentive to keep at it!
Back to top Go down
shazzi

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-01-17

PostSubject: Pre op diet Optifast... im a novice    Pre op diet Optifast...  im a novice  EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014, 10:48 am

Hi I am pre op, my surgery is 26th February, just had my blood tests and results tomorrow. All coming up quickly now. I know on 11th I have to go to the dietician to discuss the pre op diet. I have been told its Optifast.  surely not JUST optifast?? or is it where you can  have veg in the evening. 
Anyone got any good tips for pre op and getting ready for this surgery, to make it easier. Im in Perth if anyone else is would love to chat.  Pre op diet Optifast...  im a novice  65317
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre op diet Optifast... im a novice    Pre op diet Optifast...  im a novice  Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre op diet Optifast... im a novice
Page 1 of 1