TriciaVee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
binney78

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-04-15

Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet   Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015, 8:32 am

Damn it! Jinxed myself! Really craving carbs right now......maybe kfc chips or even vegemite toast! Argh! Cooking pot of vege stew atm and had a choc shake just now so hoping i can hold off!
Back to top Go down
binney78

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2015-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet   Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015, 12:35 am

My sleeve date is 13 may.....so close now! Been on opti for 10 days now. So far so good. Although it helps that i can have a portion of protein along with my veg and 3 opti products! My bmi is 53. Have just ordered a vegetti to make my veg more fun! Lol! I do a minced steak (lean) mix with carrot onion zucchini capsicum and lots of finely shredded cabbage with some veg stock powder and spices. Yum. Sort of a chow mien style! Prefer the aldi shakes to the opti and their choc cherry bar was really nice! (Could be i was really hungry too though!) At bariatric clinic last year i was put on cymbalta to stop emotional eating and increase satiety. Not feeling very hungry but watch out if i miss a day or two! Lol!
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet   Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015, 10:10 am

Another really flavoursome mix is onion, mushroom and tomato only - I used to saute it up and serve it over a bunch of fresh cooked asparagus, OR make an eggplant, tomato, roasted red capsicum and onion ragout. It's more like a meatless meaty stew.  Both a bit of a change from stir fry.

I recommend the lemon creme dessert from Opti (I was allowed to have a small amount of passionfruit and berries so they went really well with it) but also you could have diet jelly if you can stand the taste.
Back to top Go down
Bellaballerina33
Part of the furniture
Bellaballerina33

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2014-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet   Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015, 9:50 am

Hi Bindibuzz, I used to cook up the veg, mash, add curry and roll into little balls and bake like a curried veg pattie. Not too bad if you like curry. Don't worry, the opti will be over before you know it!
Back to top Go down
Bindibuzz

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet   Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015, 9:36 am

Hi guys
My op day is 14th May. I am on the optifast diet now and managing ok. Getting awful headaches but my biggest problem is that I am bored with the food. Eating stir fry vegies and vegie soup driving me crazy Crazy !!
Any one have any recipe suggestions or alternatives??
Well done Triciavee on your achievement so far!! Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet 446871
Back to top Go down
Ineedasleeve
Ineedasleeve

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2014-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet   Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet EmptyThu 23 Apr 2015, 2:21 am

Well done on the weight loss, I'm really not looking forward to this part. I've tried those products before and I didn't like them :(
Back to top Go down
beme

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2015-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet   Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet EmptySun 19 Apr 2015, 11:19 am

Hi TriciaVee, well done on your loss so far. I'm all stock up on opti and started it today. I am booked in for surgery on the 7th May. Hopefully I loose some weight this week now I've started the pre surgery phase. The countdown has begun & it will be surgery day before we know it! I'm hoping my busy week ahead at work will help me not think about being hungry 😊
Back to top Go down
TriciaVee

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-11

PostSubject: Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet   Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet EmptySun 19 Apr 2015, 5:28 am

Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet 355206 Well my surgery date is the 11th May, I am booked in with Dr Russell in Rockhampton Qld. I have to do the Optifast diet for 5 weeks. 4 Opti products a day.

Today is day 15 or day 1 of week 3 as I preferred to count them :D

First week I lost 4.4 kg, week 2 I lose 1.7kg so that a total of 6.1kg - feel awesome today!!   It hasn't been easy - in the last 2 weeks I have been tired, cranky and very emotionally at times..... and the headaches and lack of energy have been unbelievable at times.

I have learnt a few do's and don'ts.  Like drinking water is a must - adding mints leaves and lime makes it so much easier to drink the 2litres a day.   Adding ice to my shake - crushing the ice first, and then add the water and then the shake mix... ends up like a flappe - so much nicer to drink.  I also have discovered that a bar is much more satisfying than a shake - seem to fill me up for longer.  Also it is a great product to practice the small bites and eating slower.

If anyone has any extra tips or advice - and experiences - especially with Dr Russell and the Rocky Mater I would love to hear from  you.

Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet 618285  for reading.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet   Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre-Op Radid Lose Optifast Diet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Pre-Op Page-
Jump to: