AuthorMessage
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support   3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support EmptyTue 05 Nov 2013, 7:05 am

3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support 217555 3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support 542174 3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support 217555 3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support 542174 For sure - hook into your month's thread :) Good on you for being proactive about sourcing info Myrtle! Don't be afraid to ask for more info from your surgeon - sometimes they just don't realise that you're feeling a bit "lost". It's great to get advice from others, but he/she should be giving the OK on lots of stuff i.e. what to eat and when ... seems that some surgeons differ in what they recommend ...  Take care and I hope it gets easier from here on out!
Back to top Go down
missmolly
Part of the furniture
missmolly

Female
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2013-04-15

PostSubject: Re: 3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support   3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support EmptyFri 01 Nov 2013, 1:33 am

Hi Myrtle,
Congrats on your decision, tho it's a bit rough being left to your own devices. You'll find heaps of support on this forum, and just about any questions you have could be answered by someone here!
As for the protein, this is what I have started doing (again) as I'm not quite getting enough protein.

Fruit (ie banana, strawberries, or frozen berries etc)
Approx 2 Tblspns of yoghurt (flavoured or plain - your choice)
1/2 to 3/4 cup of Hilo milk
1 Tblspn of Kellog's Fibre Toppers
3 to 4 Tblspns of protein powder
Place all ingredients into blender, and give it a whizz. If it's too much to have in one go, just split it up and have half for breakky, and half for smoko etc.

Hope this is of some help to you...good luck with the rest of your journey!
All the best
3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support 217555
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support   3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013, 9:10 pm

Hi Myrtle. Have a look at the monthly threads; people travelling at the same rate a as you; and also read some diaries. If you need to know a particular answer; do a search (on the tool bar); and the question most likely would have been already answered. I had very good post operative support from my surgeon and dietican. There is also a receipe` thread. Take care on your journey downward the sliding scales.
Back to top Go down
Myrtle11

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-10-30

PostSubject: 3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support   3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013, 12:32 pm

Hi , I haven't ever used an online support group , but really am glad to find this one . Having had my sleeve 3.5 wks ago am keen to hear about others experiences & tips for successfully adjusting to our new life style. Am feeling a bit left to my own devices , surgeon seemed to do a good job but post op support is pretty lousey - so here I am . Any good ideas of healthy  menu's are most welcome - trying to get 60grams of protein into 500mls of pureed food is proving a challenge.Wondering how long tenderness of some wounds lasted ? Anyway off to explore posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support   3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support Empty

Back to top Go down

3.5 wks post sleev & looking for some support
Page 1 of 1