Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trinity13

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-04-01

20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: 20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself   20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 7:33 am

I am 2 weeks and 1 day post op and it has been a fairly smooth road. I was terrified, for 3 months prior when booking the date that it overcame any excitement i could have had. The excitement came about a week after lol. Have ur support close and you will do fine! Probably the worst thing about the last 2 weeks was having to sleep on my back, and directly post op was the swallow test. Tastes like liquid liquorice. But lots of pain killers help u sleep most ur hospital time out! The liquid phase goes by real quickly and easily. I have not felt hungry since getting the surgery! I have followed it to a T and was very apprehensive about having my first mouth ful of mushy solids which for me was fish. I was sleeved on the 8th of Oct by Dr Hopkins Brisbane north. 17kg down in 4 weeks and counting. I have definitely made the right choice for my health! Good luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
Purpletootoot

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself   20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013, 8:29 am

Hang in there chick welcome to the board 😃
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: 20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself   20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself EmptySat 12 Oct 2013, 4:44 am

Hiya Country,

Welcome aboard.

Pop  over and join the sleever's monthly thread for your month so you can chat to people who are being sleeved at the same time as you.

Maybe you'll be in town and able to get to one of the Brisbane meet ups after your op. Ya never know.

Not too sure about any of Dr Lockie's Sleevers but I know he was popular with bands a while back and I've only heard positive stuff about him.

There's a search button up the top of this page. Have a bit of a look at some of the past threads - it will open up a weath of information to you. And maybe calm your nerves a little.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
CountryChick76

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-10-12

PostSubject: 20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself   20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself EmptySat 12 Oct 2013, 4:32 am

Hi everyone

I am new to this site and all things sleeving in general.  Since my decision to have this surgery, things are moving very fast.  I am excited, but also nervous - partly because only three people in my little world know what I am about to undertake.  I haven't told any friends and as I live in a very small community, am worried I will find it difficult to deflect attention to myself. 

I am aware this isn't the easy road, I have many mixed emotions, but at the same time I have never felt more sure (or excited) about something in a long time.

I am booked in for surgery on Nov 20 with Dr Lockie.  Has anyone had any recent experiences with him?  I have only had my initial consult but will be having an online consult with him this week.

Any advice would be great.  Please feel free to add me as a friend if you think we might be able to chat and support each other.

P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself   20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself Empty

Back to top Go down

20th Nov - Dr Lockie in Qld - quietly crapping myself
Page 1 of 1