5 posters
AuthorMessage
BIFF

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Puree advice please Empty
PostSubject: puree food   Puree advice please EmptyTue 08 Oct 2013, 8:46 am

what works for me is that i put on a pot of soup with a whole chook,a piece of beef brisket and veggies to make a stock.After cooking for about 3-4 hrs i strain the stock and blend the meat seperately with some stock and seasoning.I also puree the veg as well then i will freeze in little 50ml containers or you can use ice trays.I just heat up what i need then have a small bowl of the broth after.Its pretty tasty while I am trying to be patient about healing my stomach.Every day gets that little bit easier.Hang in there.
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Puree advice please   Puree advice please EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 10:12 am

I added chicken and protein powder to my soups then blended it an extra time with each meal (just blended the serve)
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Puree advice please   Puree advice please EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 10:06 am

Hi Ginger. I had very soft scrambled eggs,make them quite sloppy and add some seasoning to taste or some cheese as well. I also bought the La Zuppa (ithink ) microwave soups in Woolies,they are almost fat free and have nice flavours,i pureed them up in my Magic Bullet and then to be sure you can strain them through a soft mesh sieve if you want to make sure you have no lumps. Probiotic yoghurt drinks are also helpful during this stage and you can add any of your protein powders to any of these to up the protein a bit more.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Puree advice please   Puree advice please EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 7:48 am

Hiya Ginger,

Welcome aboard !!

Up the top of this page there is a "search" button, if you type in Purees (or whatever else you want info on) it will come up with heaps of old threads that will be really informative.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
gingergill
gingergill

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-10-02

PostSubject: Puree advice please   Puree advice please EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 7:10 am

Hi, I am on week 1 of 4 weeks of purees. I just dont seem to be able to get all the lumps out of the food so I get frustrated that I can't eat it.
And how am I supposed to puree protein to have it first when I can only manage 1/2 cup for the whole meal?
I would love to puree an egg, but how should I cook it first?
I want so much to succeed with this, please help?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puree advice please   Puree advice please Empty

Back to top Go down

Puree advice please
Page 1 of 1