6 posters
AuthorMessage
kell_1980
kell_1980

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-01-20

When can you have purée food? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 7:29 am

I'm seeing my surgeon tomorrow. Ill ask him for all the information I need. The last thing I want is a leak.
I'm being very careful. Only drinking juice, soups, yogurt & smoothies so far.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 6:44 am

Hi, every surgeon is different in your after op process,i had to do 2 weeks of liquids then go onto 2 weeks of puree,this gives your stomach plenty of time to heal and i would surely say this is the safer option. I see many that go to soft foods quite early which to me is a bit scary and risky.I would err on the safe side by doing the 2 weeks of each,you cant hurry it all as you dont want to undo the work and get a leak,that is something to keep in the back of your mind,treat it well and you will be fine.
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013, 5:52 am

i was given a book of stages and suitable foods
i would be calling the dietican b4 trying anything
Back to top Go down
kell_1980
kell_1980

Female

PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 9:49 pm

I'm seeing my dietician next thurs glenmaree. I only saw her once before the sleeve and there was no discussion on post sleeve diet. I was just going off my post lap band diet which is so different to post sleeve.
I've taken some good recipes off this site and in going to try the cauliflower and Camembert tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 11:45 am

You have had major surgery and are no where healed enough to attempt anything puréed. Eating too early increases your chances of developing a leak Is it really worth the risk and if you can't manages these early stages now then your chances of success in the future are not good. Call the dietitian and ask for ideas or check the recipe section on here for ideas.

G
Back to top Go down
kell_1980
kell_1980

Female

PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 10:42 am

I have definitely noticed the difference of opinion. I never got much information post sleeve just per sleeve diet so I'm pretty much flying blind. I haven't had a problem with yogurt, although took me 2hrs to eat a small tub. I can't wait to purée food. I'm going to make bolognaise stew and blend it. Yum yum :)
Back to top Go down
Cafe*Cat
Cafe*Cat

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 10:07 am

Hi bt girl, I am two weeks post-op today and like you have had diarrhoea badly as well. I rang my surgeons' office and asked what to do, as I am lactose intolerant so my choices are really limited, and I can't tolerate protein drinks at all. I was told watery mashed potato was ok (made with just potato and water) and I have been having this with gravy or baby-food (a bit of salt and pepper helps). I have also been adding silken tofu to strained cup-a-soups, it is sort of a solid custard consistency, but melts in your mouth. I have also added it to baby-food apple and oatmeal for brekky.

The other night I puréed filled pasta and pesto until it was liquid (added chicken stock) and had that, tasted great, but it was way too rich, paid the price!

My tum is still playing up, vitamins seem to set it off as well. I don't think it is going to settle until I can eat real food. I have an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow, so hopefully he'll let me move on to thick purée or soft food, but I was supposed to do 3 weeks liquid so he may not.

Maybe call your surgeons office or dietician for some ideas? I have noticed on here they all seem to have different timetables of when you can eat what.
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 9:37 am

Foods that you blend up in a blender so they look like baby food.
Stewed apples put thru a sieve. Scrambled eggs would be classed as soft foods not purée food. You could blend up stews,.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
kell_1980
kell_1980

Female

PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 7:44 am

Oh what kind of foods are purée? Scrambled eggs? I don't have a dietician appointment until next Thursday.
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 7:34 am

i was told 2 weeks . i am a week and 1/2 out and was told no puree until i see dr again.
but inwould class tuna and mash as soft foods not puree
Back to top Go down
kell_1980
kell_1980

Female

PostSubject: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 7:32 am

I'm 4 days post op & I'm so over fruit juice, yogurt and chicken broth. My partner just made me a beautiful smoothie. But I'm craving scrambled egg, tuna & mashed potatoes. How long do I have to wait guys for this? & do you have any other suggestions what I can eat in the mean time. I've had diarrhoea since surgery which isn't pleasant and I'm trying to feel better.
Thanks again :)
Kell xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When can you have purée food?   When can you have purée food? Empty

Back to top Go down

When can you have purée food?
Page 1 of 1