Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?

Go down 
+6
Cafe*Cat
KillerCurves
hopeful22912
kazlikesgreen
lin1970
demilanni
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013, 12:32 am

First topic message reminder :

I ate 1400 calories yesterday. Over 1000 of them were from chocolate.

Looking at the figures in my calorie tracker really bought home to me something that has been on my mind for a while. I have a problem with sugar. Sitting in emergency reading old mags I saw an article that spoke about sugar addiction and how to treat it. I didnt think much of it then but now I see I tick all the boxs and I need to act on it.

The article advised cutting all sugars from your diet for 8 weeks. This included all fruit, juice, sweeteners, carbs etc. Now I dont have much luck going cold turkey so just stopping isnt an option. What I need is a plan and I think I have a good one.

For the rest of June I will try going "cool turkey". I will keep my apples and my 50cal hot chocolate. I will give up my glass of juice. I will stop having dessert and I will try not to have any chocolate/biscuits more than every second day. Then From July 1
I will drop everything except the apples and do a suger free version of "DRY JULY".

I think if its for a short set time I will have a better chance of success. It may not kick the habit all together but it will hopefully cut it right back.

So, who is with me in giving up something for the month of July?  Just one thing to cut from your diet for a month.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
hopeful22912

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013, 7:16 am

I am going on Opti half way through July so until then I will give up or reduce consumption of:
Chips
chocolate
any form of lollies
take away including KFC, Maccas, Indian and Chinese.

N
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013, 6:53 am

This is awesome!
I would love to give up sugar and alcohol but i'm in europe on holidays and determined to make it a dang good one!
I think i'm going to go the fast food option which will kill me (get home from holiday and then go straight to sydney for work)
:) We can do it!
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013, 6:29 am

Hi, I'm in.

There are a few things I'd like to give up so will do that.

1) Caffeine in coffee. If I go out I will only have decaf.

2) No going to McDonalds/Hjs/KFC - We don't go to KFC anymore anyway. However, McDonalds has crept in again. Now that the Maccas I like getting my coffee from doesn't do decaf anymore and I'm too tempted from the macaroons, I don't want to go. (Just told Cass about this, she said ok).

3) No more licorice/lolly frogs at swimming - a bad habit I have got into since Cass started swimming lessons

4) Drink a minimum of 2 water bottles per day - I just thought I'd add this as I have been struggling with this.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Jun 2013, 12:32 am

I ate 1400 calories yesterday. Over 1000 of them were from chocolate.

Looking at the figures in my calorie tracker really bought home to me something that has been on my mind for a while. I have a problem with sugar. Sitting in emergency reading old mags I saw an article that spoke about sugar addiction and how to treat it. I didnt think much of it then but now I see I tick all the boxs and I need to act on it.

The article advised cutting all sugars from your diet for 8 weeks. This included all fruit, juice, sweeteners, carbs etc. Now I dont have much luck going cold turkey so just stopping isnt an option. What I need is a plan and I think I have a good one.

For the rest of June I will try going "cool turkey". I will keep my apples and my 50cal hot chocolate. I will give up my glass of juice. I will stop having dessert and I will try not to have any chocolate/biscuits more than every second day. Then From July 1
I will drop everything except the apples and do a suger free version of "DRY JULY".

I think if its for a short set time I will have a better chance of success. It may not kick the habit all together but it will hopefully cut it right back.

So, who is with me in giving up something for the month of July?  Just one thing to cut from your diet for a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2