12 posters
AuthorMessage
tonez
tonez

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-11-17

Whos with what PHI... Empty
PostSubject: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 12:01 am

I'm with Latrobe Health Services & on a single cover with x3 benefits & excess of $500 and paying $85 a month. However the gap i can claim back is 20% on top or if my surgeon is with "simplied Billing" and a member it goes up another 5%..So a saving of 25%.
Is anyone on something simliar or better??
Back to top Go down
snowbunny
Part of the furniture
snowbunny

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptySat 25 Jun 2011, 11:57 am

I am with GMHBA, but I have a family cover for about $200 a month

I just looked on their website and a singles top hospital and top extras is $109.05 a month with no excess and you get paid $50 a night if you do not get a single room. You can only claim Bariatric Surgery if you have Gold or Gold+ hospital. You can lower the monthly premium by having an excess of $250 or $500. 12 month wait for cover to kick in for pre existing illness. The top extras covers heaps.

Whoever you decide on, read the member booklet and ring them with questions.
This PHI has been brilliant for me and my family.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptySat 25 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

Hi Tonez

I am with Latrobe too, single cover. I know my excess is $500 also and I pay $82 per month (it started off at $76 per month when I took it up Sep 2010). I have no idea about what I can claim back from the gap, %'s or even what simplied billing is lol.
Back to top Go down
tonez
tonez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 5:25 am

[quote="lostgurl"]Hi Tonez

I am with Latrobe too, single cover. I know my excess is $500 also and I pay $82 per month (it started off at $76 per month when I took it up Sep 2010). I have no idea about what I can claim back from the gap, %'s or even what simplied billing is lol.[Hey Lostgirl- Simplifies billing is when the doctor is register with the services. In our case Dr Draper is only a member, therefore we can claim 20% from our PHI on the cost BUT id Dr Draper becomes a member & NOT just registered you can claim back 25% on the cost of surgery. I am to late to request Dr Draper to become a register member as my operation is next week but if you mention it to Karen maybe she will push for Dr Draper to become registered so you can claim 25% and not 20%. It goes back into your pocket so if you can push Karen to get Dr Draper to register...lol..] Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
freedom2Bme
freedom2Bme

Female
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyMon 27 Jun 2011, 3:50 pm

Im with GMHBA also ipay aprox 150 per month for gold hospital and gold extras for a family of six

when I had my surgery I believe all up for out of pocket expenses including the anithitist( I know that isnt how you spell it but what ever) was $4300
when I got my statement from them after the surgery they had covered more than $10,000 worth I was very happy
ring around and ask all the questions you need too to make sure it is the right fit for you and your circumstances. :-)
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyTue 28 Jun 2011, 12:30 am

I'm with HCF, $96.?? a month top hospital only with $250 excess, been really happy with them. No claim refused and really great service.

My surgery was a bit dearer because of the surgeon, $4000 out of pocket for him then about $1000 out of pocket for sleep doctor. But they paid out near $14,000 to the hospital costs.
Back to top Go down
tonez
tonez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyWed 29 Jun 2011, 1:21 pm

Hmmm...This is a gr8 thread & to know what PHI services there are...thks everyone!!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyWed 29 Jun 2011, 2:42 pm

hey Tonez :)

My surgeon isn't Dr Draper, I'm going with Ian Michell :)
Back to top Go down
tonez
tonez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyWed 29 Jun 2011, 9:22 pm

Hey newbie :)
Thats kool, but its interesting to know what providers offer, in order for us to do what we need too do...
Whos with what PHI... 369315
Back to top Go down
stretch2011
stretch2011

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 6:49 am

Im with HIF - basic cover and its $18.10 a fortnight.

Still got 10 months to go, but from what ive read - they are easy to deal with!
Back to top Go down
tonez
tonez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 6:55 am

Hi Stretch.. So does that give you access to having a GS or a LB?? Thats mighty good if so!
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 9:31 am

Gees I wish I had've found a PHI that costs that low! Mine is like $82 p/m for single cover!
Back to top Go down
stretch2011
stretch2011

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

Yep, that's the first, second, third, forth and fifth thing I asked before taking it out!

'I am taking this out as I am planning to have GS surgery - am I covered? Your 100% sure it's covered, I'm not going to pay 12 months and be told it's not covered?!'

There's also a lady that I have since found on this forum that has had the surgery and she has the hif basic cover too - can't remember her username tho.

Best deal I found for sure!
Back to top Go down
tonez
tonez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyFri 01 Jul 2011, 12:15 am

Morning Stretch, Geesh I almost feel like i have been ripped off...lol.I did an estimate online with Iselect i might even change providers now knowing what you have mentioned to us. I am glad i started this discussion at least we can all see who is with whom to see who has a good deal like yours. Great work!!
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyFri 01 Jul 2011, 1:42 am

I would be checking that for sure because it doesn't seem right to me, I have mine for years because of my neurosurgical issues as it is way nicer in private than public.
Back to top Go down
Bamba
Part of the furniture
Bamba

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2010-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyFri 01 Jul 2011, 4:05 am

Im with HBA basic hospital cover with extras. Cost $96 a month. I got them to send to me in writing that I am covered for the surgery!
Back to top Go down
http://realghoststories.com.au
stretch2011
stretch2011

Female

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyMon 04 Jul 2011, 12:45 pm

For those who were wondering - here is an email I sent and received from HIF in relation to my policy.

Certainly worth getting their name out there!
(I've edited the emails to delete my personal details - for obvious reasons)

Dear,

Thank you for contacting HIF regarding your membership.

Yes a Gastric Sleeve operation would be covered under your level of cover. However this procedure is subject to Medicare approval. Your Dr should be able to tell you if this procedure is medically necessary.

There is also a $200 excess which you would be required to pay to the hospital on admission and then theatre fees and shared room accommodation would be covered in full. (Although subject to Medicare approval)

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to reply to this email, or contact our customer service centre on 1300 13 40 60.

Kind regards,

Christine Boyd | Member Services Consultant

The smart choice for health cover

Health Insurance Fund of Australia Ltd | 60-62 Stirling Street, PERTH WA 6000
ACN 128 302 161 | An Australian public company limited by guarantee | A registered private health insurer
Phone: 1300 13 40 60 |  Fax: +61 8 9328 3345
Email: info@hif.com.au | Web: www.hif.com.au

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, 1 July 2011 6:17 PM
To: HIF Info Shared Mailbox
Subject: General enquiry (via HIF Website)

Hi,

I have recently taken out a policy with HIF, (member number ******** - Goldsaver basic) and although the lady I spoke to at the time, and took the policy out with did confirm it - can you please again confirm for me that the gastric sleeve operation ( Medicare number 30511) will be covered under my policy?

I am aware there is a 12month waiting period for pre existing ailments. Can you also clarify, the exess is $200?

Thankyou in advance.

Kind regards,
Back to top Go down
bride_to_be_1980

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyMon 30 Jan 2012, 6:20 am

I have been paying $180 a month for NIB Top Cover thinking id need it for the op.

Are you serious that I could have been only paying under $100 ? The GS is ALL i took the PHI out for..
Back to top Go down
Melinda38
Part of the furniture
Melinda38

Female
Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2011-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyMon 30 Jan 2012, 11:06 am

I know this is out of date but thought I'd add to it. I used iSelect to get family cover. So we have top hospital cover plus dentistry and various other extras. We pay $227 a month with a $450 excess through HCF this is almost half what we used to pay through MBF! Which was only hospital cover. So it pays to look around or use a search company.
Back to top Go down
sarahbunny21

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyMon 13 Feb 2012, 1:47 am

I called today about signing up with HIC after reading your thread, and i quoted the procedure number 30511, and they said that goldstarter, goldsaver would not cover it. The policy that would cover it is GOLD at 48.15 a fortnight. Not sure what to do! i dont want to get a policy for 12 months and find out its not covered, but on the same hand dont want to be paying a high priced policy if i dont need it.
Back to top Go down
curvylana
Part of the furniture
curvylana

Female
Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Bupa and GS cover   Whos with what PHI... EmptyThu 15 Mar 2012, 4:39 am

I have stayed with Bupa and have done my 12 mths, but I'm toooo scared to ring them incase they tell me its not covered for my sleeve. I have basic hospital cover and extras. Now i have gone over and over their what they cover stuff and they do cover all the hospital stuff, but i can't for the life of me find any info on whether they cover this direct procedure, can anyone assist me with an answer, pretty please?

Lana
Back to top Go down
bride_to_be_1980

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyThu 15 Mar 2012, 7:55 am

I just swapped from NIB top cover to Bupa Basic Hospital and silver extras. Ive been told I AM covered if anything goes wrong with my sleeve. Had it done a month ago.

HTH
Back to top Go down
Chelsea.88
Chelsea.88

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 4:25 am

I am with BUPA Health Insurance, Pay $35.05 a fortnight, for budget hospital cover and the usual dental optical chiro physio extras. Bupa have said they will cover anything except pregnancies, and joint replacements under the cover that i have, Just waiting for Dec 22 so i can use my PHI to get sleeved hopefully jan 2013 :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/chelio.c88
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whos with what PHI...   Whos with what PHI... Empty

Back to top Go down

Whos with what PHI...
Page 1 of 1