Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?

Go down 
+6
Cafe*Cat
KillerCurves
hopeful22912
kazlikesgreen
lin1970
demilanni
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013, 11:31 pm

The problem with sugar for me is that i want it - all the time. This morning after my cereal I was thinking, "man, I could go a peice of chocolate right now" At 7 am!

But back on track today.  I have my snack and my lunch packed, heading to the gym tonight. Going to be so very good.
 DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? 369315
Back to top Go down
KillerCurves
KillerCurves

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2013-05-26

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013, 10:26 am

still going strong. Sniffed some chocolate wine on friday night. Two evils rolled into one. Couldnt resist. Had a mouthful. Now back on track.
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySun 14 Jul 2013, 9:06 am

A little bit of choccy lead to a aside slip. Back tit tomorrow
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyMon 08 Jul 2013, 2:17 am

Ok - doing well with the 'café coffees, have had 2 last week, felt like going to get one Saturday but thought of the challenge and the cost and more importantly that I didn't need it.
Not enjoying the cold wet weather but have some sun today. Need to get motivated to do more exercise.
Back to top Go down
KillerCurves
KillerCurves

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySat 06 Jul 2013, 11:47 pm

I am still on track with zero alcohol units consumed. However thought I may have come undone by cooking lamb shanks with half cup of red wine ... but who was I kidding .. I have watched enough episodes of Masterchef and My Kitchen Rules to know that the alcohol content evaporates in the cooking process. So yay me... 3 weeks to go.
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySat 06 Jul 2013, 11:10 pm

.6 down and only 1 slip. Going to the footy today, who knows what foods will come my way.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyFri 05 Jul 2013, 2:48 am

proud of myself, was at shops, tempted to be stupid with food but talked myself out of it. did have a small soy decaf flat white but that's ok
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyThu 04 Jul 2013, 12:32 am

A small slip yesterday, gave the toddler 1/2 a freddo and ate the other half without thinking.  Otherwiae doing ok and not really missing it.
Back to top Go down
KillerCurves
KillerCurves

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 11:31 am

day 1: escaped routine. Had a cup of tea after dinnerso far so good
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 10:02 am

was tempted to go get a café coffee but resisted. Did get some 'treats' from the supermarket but that's ok we are eating them now lol.
Back to top Go down
AuntyEz194
Part of the furniture
AuntyEz194

Female
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 8:42 am

Ok so first day of Dry July (I am actually doing Dry July) I have signed up and raising money for Adults with Cancer...
Giving up alcohol for a month, have given up Smoking (two and half weeks) and I have to give up food too! I think I am gunna die this month! haha! :)
Good luck everyone! :)
xx:654365:
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySun 30 Jun 2013, 11:46 am

I've told Cass no junk food month, except at next weeks birthday party. I will indulge in a treat for us at the cinemas for Epic and when we go to SOundscapes. Also I'm going to attempt no café coffee, too expensive anyway and also no caffeine. I anticipate I will be extra grumpy but I am sure Cass is use to it lol
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySun 30 Jun 2013, 8:42 am

A little over 6 hours to go till dry July starts!
I had half a Freddo frog today, my last bit of chocolate for the next 31 days! Eeeek. 

Good luck guys, don't worry if you don't make it 100%- I'm sure I won't, it's the conscious effort to make a change we are working on here.
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013, 5:19 pm

Is it ok to change/amend mine?

I've decided these things (as i need to create some good habits again!!)

1. NO Fizzy! - I just did these for 2 months and did amazing! I also totally cut juice etc
  2. NO Fast food!
  3. Gym - 6 days a week including cardio post PT session!!
  4. No purchasing coffee! Only allowed to make it (with the copious amounts of pods I have in my desk drawers!!)
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 2:41 am

MAXI2mini wrote:
Ok, so I have'nt been sleeved (waiting for my PHI to kick in) but this sounds like something I could try while I wait.

I don't very often drink, but I do like my coffee (a little too much) so I'll stop buying my daily coffee on my way to work, drink more water and add in more exercize to my day. Might not sound like much, but anything is better than nothing right ????
 Each day put hat coffe money into an envelope and at the end if the  month get yourself something nice like some new shoes!
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 2:41 am

MAXI2mini wrote:
Ok, so I have'nt been sleeved (waiting for my PHI to kick in) but this sounds like something I could try while I wait.

I don't very often drink, but I do like my coffee (a little too much) so I'll stop buying my daily coffee on my way to work, drink more water and add in more exercize to my day. Might not sound like much, but anything is better than nothing right ????
 Each day put hat coffe money into an envelope and at the end if the  month get yourself something nice like some new shoes!
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 1:48 am

We're on hols for half of July - so no go then. However, I am pledging to give up my after dinner diet desserts from today to make up for the last part of July ! It's still about the sweet stuff, eh?!! Time to retrain my brain in that area:562: Been having a sneaky chokky every now and then - none of those for a moth - cross my heart DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? 487524
Back to top Go down
MAXI2mini
MAXI2mini

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-05-31

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 12:51 am

Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 9:13 am

Oh I so wish I could do no booze for a month.. But there is no point in even pledging when I know I won't do it... I'm too social and when I spend 3 weeks stuck in a detention centre (not really, it's just a minesite camp)... A few drinks after work is a saviour!

I will however pledge to go to the gym 6 days a week, and CUT down on sugar.
Back to top Go down
AuntyEz194
Part of the furniture
AuntyEz194

Female
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 7:35 am

Hey there... I have actually signed up for the dry July challenge...
I have given up smoking, so may as well give up alcohol before my surgery as well hey! And food cos of the opti two weeks before the surgery! Lol
Back to top Go down
Cafe*Cat
Cafe*Cat

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySun 23 Jun 2013, 12:56 am

Count me in. My version is no alcohol unless we have guests or we are eating out with other people. I too have got into the habit of a glass of wine after work which ends up being 3. I did dry July last year and found when I did start drinking again it cut my consumption way back.  My wonderful lover-man has just agreed to do it with me! Better go have a drink before July!
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySat 22 Jun 2013, 9:48 pm

Hooray! Glad to have some company! 

I was wondering the house like a lost puppy last night wanting my sugar.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySat 22 Jun 2013, 2:33 pm

killercurves - "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" lol love the profile pic
Back to top Go down
KillerCurves
KillerCurves

Female

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySat 22 Jun 2013, 9:30 am

Count me in!

I had already discussed with my fiance a few weeks ago that we need a dry July.

It was rudely brought to my attention by a work colleague (who knows I currently have a lapband but doesnt know of my sleeve decision) - she said the reason I cant lose weight is because I drink alcohol.

My thoughts were. I dont drink THAT much to keep weight on.
But when queried how much I drink....I realised I have a glass of something every single night.
Its only one glass! 
I was so mortified by my answer that I came home and had a chat to my partner about doing Dry July.

He likes a beer after a 12 hr shift in a factory so I cant deny him that and said I am happy to do it alone, but to not ask me what I would like to drink in the evenings. But my loving fiance said he can do without it, and is happy to join me in Dry July.

So demilanni, lin1970, kazlikesgreen and hopeful22912... I am right there with you

xxx
KillerCurves
Back to top Go down
hopeful22912
hopeful22912

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? EmptySat 22 Jun 2013, 7:16 am

I am going on Opti half way through July so until then I will give up or reduce consumption of:
Chips
chocolate
any form of lollies
take away including KFC, Maccas, Indian and Chinese.

N
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?   DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in? Empty

Back to top Go down

DRY JULY - or my version of it, whos in?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next