Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Using the toilet after surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using the toilet after surgery   Using the toilet after surgery EmptySun 17 Mar 2013, 12:15 pm

Your nurses will take good care of you. I had my surgery mid afternoon, didnt get back to my room until 7pm, no thought of the loo till midnight. Nurse helped me to the bathroom, I managed independently from there....
Back to top Go down
sarahbunny21

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Using the toilet after surgery   Using the toilet after surgery EmptySun 17 Mar 2013, 7:24 am

I had my operation at 8 in the morning.. I held it as long as I could until 4pm. They offered a bed pan...so didnt want to do that. So they helped me stand up..because I was woozy from the morphine etc. there is a metal rail to hold on to beside the toilet..so I held on to that and helped lower myself...went and wiped..same metal pole to help pull myself up. They were waiting outside the door and helped me back into bed. Wasn't really difficult at all. Each day gets easier too :)
Back to top Go down
Sam2013
Sam2013

Female
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Using the toilet after surgery   Using the toilet after surgery EmptySun 17 Mar 2013, 3:45 am

Thanks, of all things it is the only thing that I am worried about!
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Using the toilet after surgery   Using the toilet after surgery EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 10:59 pm

1st day or so call nurse to help get u there and back getting on toliet and cleaning u can do your self.
nurse may help u stand back up
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Using the toilet after surgery   Using the toilet after surgery EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 10:59 pm

1st day or so call nurse to help get u there and back getting on toliet and cleaning u can do your self.
nurse may help u stand back up
Back to top Go down
Sam2013
Sam2013

Female
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2013-02-27

PostSubject: Using the toilet after surgery   Using the toilet after surgery EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 10:07 pm

I have a strange question and I can't seem to find any conversation about it....

How difficult is it to look after yourself when going to the toilet post surgery? I am worried about the bending and keeping clean.

Thanks

Sam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using the toilet after surgery   Using the toilet after surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Using the toilet after surgery
Page 1 of 1