7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Scars and lumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scars and lumps   Scars and lumps EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 9:15 pm

Caz I had the exact same thing on my main scar. I asked my surgeon about it at the time, and he said they actually put a bit of mesh on that one, so that is why it feels so weird. It does disolve. My looked like a dint too sometimes. My dissapeared within 8 weeks after the op. Nothing to worry about :)
I have alot of scars from all my ops, my band in, then out, then the sleeve. My scars have keloided so they are very obvious, but they dont bother me at all, Im so used to them, that I dont notice them anymore lol I have 11 all up.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Scars and lumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scars and lumps   Scars and lumps EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 9:08 pm

No anti-inflammatories for me Caz.
The wound that is concerning you most is the one that wept for me while all the others had healed nicely. It is now wider than the others but I am sure it too will fade and not ultimately be a big deal. Maybe in the future we will wear our battle scars with pride?
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Scars and lumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scars and lumps   Scars and lumps EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 6:27 pm

Thanks girls.

It is the middle one under the bust, so was obviously the site where everything was done. I don't have any itching yet, and it isn't really sore - only when I poke at it. So I'll stop poking.

I actually have been a bit sorer internally the last day or so and realised I'd stopped taking my anti-inflamatories. Think I'll go back on them for a few days.

Did anyone else get anti-inflamatories to take post-op?

Thanks
Caz
Back to top Go down
Robyn
Part of the furniture
Robyn

Female
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Scars and lumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scars and lumps   Scars and lumps EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 12:47 pm

Hey Caz, I am like Deb, I still have one that weeps, mainly because I was the 1st patient Dr Russell used the glue on, one didn't take real well, it is starting to close up now though. Mine are also itchy.
Robyn
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Scars and lumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scars and lumps   Scars and lumps EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 12:05 pm

Hi Caz,
I had a huge lump just at the top of my belly button incision which has only just gone away. I just felt it and it's gone. I hadn't noticed before. It was there a couple of days ago when I scratched it.This was by far the sorest spot and the itchiest!!!!
I know I haven't had the sleeve surgery yet but the lapband removal and gall bladder removal has much the same incisions. So give it a few more weeks.
Hope this puts your mind at rest.

Janey
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Scars and lumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scars and lumps   Scars and lumps EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 6:48 am

Hi Caz

I had bruising around the biggest 2 scars for about 2 weeks or so after my op, probably because that's where the excess tummy was removed through so more trauma would be caused to the area due to the tugging involved.

You could also be feeling some of the internal stitches that haven't dissolved yet, maybe one of our nurses on board here will have another idea though. Again mine had a couple of harder bits underneath, but then also its the third time my scars have been used, so I'm expected a bit more scar tissue to form.

Just keep an eye on it and if you get really concerned pop along to your GP/practice nurse for a quick wound check.

Cheers
Gail
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Scars and lumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scars and lumps   Scars and lumps EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 8:54 pm

Can't say that has happened to me Caz, although one did weep for quite a while while the others all healed up nicely.
Also, one gets itchy (a different one to the one that wept) and the other ones never do.
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Scars and lumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scars and lumps   Scars and lumps EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 8:35 pm

in my opinion/experience it is the scarring tissue healing. Mine now (7 month post op) feel fine, but they do seem lumpy an uncomfortable for a while. Try not to worry too much about it, it's not anything serious, it is all part of the healing process. Our bodies have had a major trauma and need time to heal. If you are still feeling like this more than 3 months post then speak to your nurse or surgeon when you have your next appointment.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Scars and lumps Empty
PostSubject: Scars and lumps   Scars and lumps EmptyFri 06 Mar 2009, 8:23 pm

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if you all experienced this as well.

My main scar (the one that was obviously the place that everything was done through) feels like it has a huge lump/knot under it. It is still very bruised looking (green/orange/yellow - noice) and a bit tender.

Have all my other Feb 23ers experienced this too? And for those of you further down the track - did you get it and how long does it take to go away.

Thanks
Caz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scars and lumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scars and lumps   Scars and lumps Empty

Back to top Go down

Scars and lumps
Page 1 of 1