AuthorMessage
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

How many scars do you have Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyTue 03 Mar 2009, 10:05 pm

I had 4 from sleev4 surgery and 1 three times over from caesearians but when I got the tummy tuck he took all the little ones away and now I have just 1 but it is fadding away too.lol How many scars do you have 446871 How many scars do you have 314541
Back to top Go down
hayley_james
hayley_james

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyTue 03 Mar 2009, 9:55 am

Due to complications I have significantly more scars that others. I had a leak which formed into a abscess and the abscess ruptured and I had emergency surgery so I have an ugly scar from chest bone to belly button. But before all that I had 5 very small scars.
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 1:38 pm

I have 7 - four in a line across my stomach plus one under my bra-line from the sleeve; then two more above the others, one coming down vertically from my belly button (about an inch long) and an extension of the bra-line one from getting my gall bladder out (common after WLS). Moral of the story: if you want to wear a bikini any time soon, ask your doctor to remove your gall bladder when they do the sleeve!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 12:16 pm

I have scars, well they are so invisible you have to really search for them, from my gallbladder op a few years back and none of those were used. I think maybe it's to lessen problems with healing maybe, cause you can get scar tissue under the old scars even if you can't feel it. That's all I can think of.
Back to top Go down
kittysmiles75
kittysmiles75

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 11:54 am

Hi Charlie

My Dr used the same incision for removing the port but not the others. Dunno why but its all good :) In fact he also removed a mole near my port scar, so that scar looks more like a caterpillar missing a few legs at one end.

I hear you all on the stretch marks... lol I have already told hubby to start saving for my tummy tuck...maybe the port site can be my new bellybutton lol....mmmm maybe not, either way it wont get rid of them.....they migrated north during each pregnancy :(
Back to top Go down
Charlie
Charlie

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-11-16

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 11:31 am

Now I find it all very interesting that you girls that have had bands, in - Out and then sleeve have all different scars, all of mine are in EXACTLY the same spot, the surgeon has used my same scars for all 3 of my ops, so all in all I still only have 5 scars, before the sleeve I had 4, but he must have needed an extra one for the sleeve. But still tiny scars, neat job, hey I am HOT, what can I say!! ha ha ha ha LOL - look out bikini here I come!!

Charlie
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 11:29 am

I can go one better than that. With my scars from lapband in and out, gallbladder out and 3 pregnancies worth of stretch marks I just about have the 64 squares for a game of chess!!

Janey
Back to top Go down
abryant
abryant

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 11:14 am

Hi all,
My GP told me that he thought my midriff resembled a battle field. How many scars do you have 65317
Anne
Back to top Go down
kittysmiles75
kittysmiles75

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 10:56 am

I have 5 scars from the sleeve operation, add that to the 4 from the band (in and out) and the 3 from having my gallbladder out and my stomach looks more like a join the dots puzzle lol!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 27 Feb 2009, 9:04 am

I ended up with 5.

One slightly left of centre right under my bust. Then four others starting about 4 inches lower and moving down towards my left side. No drains or anything.

All healing well - but still under tape. Fair amount of bruising too - including lots of bruising on my legs from the Heparin injections they gave me in hospital.

Looking forward to the tape coming off for sure.

Caz
Back to top Go down
abryant
abryant

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 11:45 pm

Hello all,
I have 6 scars, the reason being, (I think) is because I have a very long scar (approx 8 inches) down just right of centre, so a lot of scar tissue. All my incisions are to the left of that scar, so maybe everyone has different issues to take into account.
Just my thoughts,
Anne
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 1:27 pm

I got the boarder too Denise..must be a bad batch of dressings!!!

I also have 5, about the same as yours in size.
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 11:47 am

I have 5 and one of those you can barely notice now after 6 weeks, which was the drain site.

They are 1 at the base of my sternum which is to hook your liver out the way and that isn't even a cm more like half a cm.

1 on my left side and 1 on my right side that are each about 0.5 cm (one was the drain)

2 on each side of my waistline about 2.5cm.

All of my scars have a decorative border from the waterproof dressing which I was allergic to the glue, but Bio Oil and Palmers Cocoa butter have been magic at getting rid of them (borders and scars).
Back to top Go down
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 3:05 am

I doubt I will have any scars unless you really go looking for them, when I removed my dressings one of the larger sites had almost healed competely over.

But as a guy I will have a nice bit of hair covering any marks.

:)
Back to top Go down
MysticSimplistic

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 11:35 pm

At 99kg I know I should not worry about the scars... lol
I have had both my appendix and gall bladder removed.. and the scars were less than 1cm so not even visable now...
So I guess I was just shocked that the scars for this are up to 5 cm long....

Youre right.. its a small price to pay How many scars do you have 65317
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 10:49 pm

Hi Mystic, welcome to the site.

I have 5 scars. On is in the middle of the torso, about 5cm below the breasts. It is tiny, horizontal and healing up beautifully. About 10cm below that is a vertical one, about 1.5cm long and took the longest to heal. The others are already very narrow slits but this one oozed a bit and I think will be a bit wider than the others. The other three are around the level of my belly button with 2 on the left and one on the right. The ones on the right are about 2cm long and 1.5cm long. The one on the right is about 2.5cm long. Also there is a tiny dot (there used to be 3) just below my belly button. They don't look like incisions though. I don't know if they put something there to hold your skin and pull things taught. Maybe someone else can answere that question. I would much rather have a few scars on my belly than be the fat blob I was though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 10:48 pm

Hi Mystic,

Well i've got 5. I'only got home from the op yesterday so they are still wounds rather than scars, but there are still only 5 of them, haha!

Looking straight down i can see 3 of them. If you draw a line from my belly button to my breast bone, 1 is about 3 -4 inches below my breast bone right in the middle. Then 1 to the right of that about 3 inches lower. Then the 3rd one is a couple inches lower again and to the left of the line (so that one is about an inch up from my belly button).
The other 2...one is...ummmm...if you follow the line of your ribs from the center around to the side, 1 is below my left breast ( and i don't mean my hip, LOL) and about 2 inches down from the lowest rib. That one had my drain in it. The last one is a couple inches further around toward the right side, maybe half way between my rib and hip.

The pattern of mine is fairly typical. I don't know of anyone having more than 5. Maybe the 7 person had a little problem getting access and the doctor had to make another incision in a different spot??? Who knows *shrug*

They are only about 2cm long each. And honestly, give them a few months, once they lose the fresh scar look, you will have to search to find them. Especially on my tummy, LOL! And you have to look at the big pcture. 5 small neat scars wasn't to big a price for me to pay to get my weight under controll. I don't think there would be too many other people here who would let that put them off either :)

Good luck with it all
Bell
Back to top Go down
MysticSimplistic

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 10:17 pm

I have decided to have the surgery but am worried about the scars... I have seen some photos of the laprascopic proceedure and the person had 7 scars.. the worst being on the breast bone...
Online I have seen people say they have only 3 scars
Call it vanity but having a scar particulary on the breast bone bothers me lol

Do the amount of scars and where they are positioned vary from surgeon to surgeon...???

I just read last night that in Texas they are now doing the entire operation through the belly button only.. no scarring!!!!
Does anyone know of surgeons in Australia who are doing it this way yet?

So cmon guys.. let me know about your scars... where they are at.. how many and if you have the nasty one on the breastbone...

So much appreciated...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many scars do you have   How many scars do you have Empty

Back to top Go down

How many scars do you have
Page 1 of 1