Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Keyhole scars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyhole scars   Keyhole scars EmptySat 19 Jul 2008, 4:39 am

i also have 5 scars....3 of them are about 1 1/2 to 2 cm long and the other two are lucky if there 1 cm. They have healed nicely so far just a thin little line but it all depends on your body and how you scar....some people are prone to keytoid or is that keyloid scarring...something like that anyway this means that the scar tends to stretch and raise a bit. I have this type of scarring from having skin cancers removed. The ones they did with internal stitches are good but because we just have strips on the cuts im wondering if mine will end up horrible. But i dont care anyway as i dont plan on getting into a bikini even when i get to my goal. :lol!: I have heaps of stretch marks so they will just end up being part of me.

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Keyhole scars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyhole scars   Keyhole scars EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 7:19 pm

Hi guys
I have 5 scars.
4 of them are healing nicely and will be hardly noticeable, I'm sure.
1 of them I've had trouble with and is still red around the edges and very itchy. I think that one will scar quite a lot.
I really don't care about the scars, though. I have heaps of others, and these ones are nothing!
And to be honest - it's a damn sight better than all that fat!
Chris :afro:
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Keyhole scars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyhole scars   Keyhole scars EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 1:05 pm

Ahh, so hopefully not too bad then. Ah well, they'll be nothing compared to my tummy tuck scar I spose anyway. Although 2 years on even that is fading. I'm starting to look like something Dr Frankenstein sewed up in his back shed ! heh
Back to top Go down
Bee
Bee

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Keyhole scars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyhole scars   Keyhole scars EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 11:46 am

I have 9 keyhole scars. Half are from my lapband being put in, then reopened when the band was removed, and the other half are from the sleeve I had 4 weeks ago. The band scars are reddish and thick, the sleeve scars are small and sleek and look like they will dissapear over time. I've never used any cream or products on my scars, because I don't think it will make a big difference to me. I think everyone recovers and heals differently.

Bee :)
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Keyhole scars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyhole scars   Keyhole scars EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 11:38 am

Hi Sam,

I was sleeved 15 days ago and mine have healed up fine. I have started using Bio Oil on them and I can recommend this for new and old scars as I have used it for a previous surgery and ended up with fine silvery mark.

Welcome to the forum and hope we can answer a few questions for you.

steph :flower:
Back to top Go down
Sam
Sam

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Keyhole scars Empty
PostSubject: Keyhole scars   Keyhole scars EmptyFri 18 Jul 2008, 10:39 am

I'm interested in how well everyone's keyhole scars have cleared up. I don't have sleeve surgery with Dr Cohen until October as I'm saving up. He did my friend's sleeve in May and she just had quite small little purple scars but neither of us know how well these are going to clear up. Is there a recommended product apart from the usuals such as rosehip oil. Will they really fade out or are we doomed to carry our special little scars forever? :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keyhole scars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyhole scars   Keyhole scars Empty

Back to top Go down

Keyhole scars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: