Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about the extra bits from surgery.....

Go down 
+5
PiercedMumma08
Kate
kayt83
Kateh (Bluedog)
Crazybexta
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Question about the extra bits from surgery..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 7:17 am

PiercedMumma08 wrote:

The incision on my lower right hand side was larger than the others and thats where the surgeon said the removed part comes out from.

Mine came out the left side, I had 5 stiches in that incision rather than the 3 for the other wounds. My surgeon told me he used part of it to cover the staples and pulled the rest out.
Back to top Go down
Crazybexta
Crazybexta

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 2:07 am

Thanks for the response ladies!!

I tried watching... but yeah... Question about the extra bits from surgery..... 595690 seeing how rough they are when putting the things in place for all the tools and what not.. just grossed me out heaps.. was like a meat hook into the skin! !

At least I know now lol Thanks :D
Back to top Go down
khjat
khjat

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2012-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... EmptyTue 14 Aug 2012, 1:16 am

I had a meeting with one of my doctors last week and he told me (if I am remembering correctly!) that they drain the excess stomach first to make it smaller and then just pull it out of the biggest incision. Interesting.... Question about the extra bits from surgery..... 697586
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 10:53 pm

check out youtube. it is put in a kind of plastic bag and 'sucked' 'pulled' out through one of the incisions. if you have the stomach, it's pretty amazing to watch. cheers
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 9:56 pm

Do you remember trying to put an egg in a coke bottle or similar in science at school? I am sure it is similar to that; the soft bits bend and change shape and it comes out whole. Yes the same as gall bladder removal also is sucked through the larger of the incisions. (the old way; I assume the new single incision works in a similar fashion)
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 9:08 pm

Yep it comes out in one piece as far as Im aware.

The incision on my lower right hand side was larger than the others and thats where the surgeon said the removed part comes out from.

If you can handle it, watch a you tube clip on how they do it.

Fascinating really :)
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 8:53 pm

It does come out in one complete piece. I have a pic of the portion they removed and it's in one piece and bloody huge.
Back to top Go down
kayt83
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2011-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 2:26 pm

My understanding is that the removed portion is pulled through the largest of the incisions. Maybe it is dissected further to reduce its size, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:51 pm

I dont know the answers to your question Crazy but with the amount of bruising i had in one of my wounds I rekon they did pull the whole bloody thing through one hole LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Crazybexta
Crazybexta

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:48 pm

Okay, I know this may sound weird... but I have been trying to wrap my head around it for the last few weeks... Question about the extra bits from surgery..... 716201

How do they remove the excess tummy pouch out of your body when you have laproscopic surgery?? Surely it's too big to come through one of those little holes???? And where does the stuff that may be left in the pouch go when they remove it??

I have attempted watching videos of the surgery on You tube, but couldn't get past watching the first thingy get put into the belly... lol

Any body able to enlighten me?!?! Question about the extra bits from surgery..... 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about the extra bits from surgery.....   Question about the extra bits from surgery..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about the extra bits from surgery.....
Page 1 of 1