AuthorMessage
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

jiggly bits and wobbly bits Empty
PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 10:18 pm

Wow ssjad
Those links are brilliant.. especially the c25k one. Thanks heaps for putting it up. Now I have a motivator!
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 10:04 am

Thanks for that Cool Running link, it has a few different options in Cairns - I just have to make sure I don't get attacked by Cassowaries!!

I think they'll take one look at me puffing and wheezing and start laughing rather than attack me, but EXERCISE - it must be done!!! Wish me luck....

jiggly bits and wobbly bits 68366 (me thinking about doing exercise)
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 9:06 am

Thanks ssjad, i've been looking for the c25k link for ages. I know someone else posted it on here months ago but I couldn't find it.
Gail, im sure it looks like I do the Cliff Young shuffle on the treadmill.
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 7:17 am

This has nothing to do with keeping the jiggly bits under control, but is my favourite learning-to-jog without injuries guide.
It's from www.coolrunning.com.au

http://www.c25k.com

It for getting from couch potato to running 5km in 2 months.
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 5:22 am

Hi girls

You will get there with the jogging/running if you want to. It took me a while but I can now jog/Cliff Young shuffle for a couple kms these days, then just alternate with power walking. Although currently have a hip injury, but with physio I'm slowly rebuilding all the supporting muscles which will make it easier. Acutally did my first session in a couple of months this morning and it was approx. 7km in an hour.

I keep my "girls" under control with a really firm sports bra by Freya (UK brand which is sold in Oz for around $99 but can be order from the UK for around $45, I just went into the lingerie shop in Cronulla which stocks them to get the right size then ordered on line. And wear Lorna Jane training pants which actually hold and support the tummy.

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/sports-bras/freya/full-cup-bras/fyj3-details.aspx?colour=nude&ck=C0ltqxqea5Q%3d

Good luck with all the fitness improvement that is happening!!

Cheers
Gail
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 10:58 pm

Raingold I feel the same way. I'm walking on the treadmill at the gym and after 5 minutes of walking I then run for 1 minute. I'd love to be able to run for a longer period of time. I know what you mean about having the 'freedom' to run. It's something that I want to do as well.
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 11:03 am

ssjad, I don't take this the wrong way!! I'm not a jogger. Never have been, but thought it'd be an interesting thing to add to the repetoire, if you get me. I go to the gym when I can and walk on the treadmill. I'd like to speed up a bit on that one day too.
I guess I'd just like to be able to feel the freedom of being ABLE to run?? if that makes sense?? It's not that I HAVE to, or even that I NEED to, but to be ABLE to would be really something else.....
All I want to do is make it a bit easier for me.
So, yeah, with everything I tried to do today, all I could do was buy the bra to hopefully keep "the girls" under a bit more control.... step 2 will be next time I get near the shops! [when the credit card recovers enough!!]
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 3:21 am

Please don't take this the wrong way, I think that jogging is great for some people (definitely not me!!), but have you considered other forms of exercise? Jogging is a great way of losing weight, but it truly is terrible on the joints. And I can't imagine it doing the floppy bits any good either (I know I can't stand the feeling).

Bike riding, elliptical machine, swimming (if you can brave the bathers) etc are all so much less bouncy and maybe would be more comfortable, thereby leading to a longer-term form of exercise....?
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 2:48 am

[quote="shadesailundies"

Belly belts would be helpful I think for running....there is a link on my diary that Mapmar has suggested a pregnancy boob tube thingy as I don't want to wear the "underwear" but need something to smooth out the lumps and bumps where my waistband sits and the skin is a wee bit sqooshy. I'm going to buy one next time i'm down in perth.

Jen[/quote]

What about a bustier? oh lala! Would pushup the girls, hold in the midrift & get rid of bits at the waistband. Mmm, wonder how comfy it would be with jeans?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 1:56 pm

oh no Jen..I mean my tummy lol......my breasts have totally disappeared....well when I see disappeared their still there but down to my knees....sorry TMI lol..

hubby complains theres nothing there anymore..I tell him TUFF!!!!
Back to top Go down
shadesailundies
Part of the furniture
shadesailundies

Female
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 9:52 am

On ya Jo, you should be grateful that you have got some "wobbly bits", if I lose anymore cleavage I will have nothing left...boohoooohoooo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 9:06 am

OMG I had to run after a dear old lady who had left her cardigan in the cafe next to my shop. The lady in the shop has had a stroke so can't run and asked me to. I looked how far the ladies were down the road and thought OMG theres NO WAY I could run that far.

Well I gave it a go, in front of all the patrons in the pub and all the other shops, I was too scared to call out to the old ladies incase other people turned around. I had to hold onto all my bits incase they knocked me out.

At least one good thing came out of it, at least I can sort of run AND I had heels on hehehehe

*looks around to make sure no-one had a video recorder going*
Back to top Go down
DancingOnTheInside
Part of the furniture
DancingOnTheInside

Female
Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 9:02 am

[quote="Kylie"Remind me to mention how one time I had to sneak off to the toilet and remove them in the middle of a rather amorous embrace with roving hands. Visions of Bridget Jones.........[/quote]

oh too funny by far - and I think we've all been in that situation. Gawd I'm still larffing!

x
Doti
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 8:48 am

Hi Raingold

Berlei make brilliant sports bra's that do an amazing job, I use those when I go to the gym.
I also wear a 'girdle' type thing that holds my tum in place (not one that goes down my legs though, I couldn't stand it, they're just like a rather large pair of lycra (?) knickers).
If you want good trackies and tops, Bonds make a range in larger sizes, they're all I wear and I buy them in Myer. The pants go to just under your knee and do up with a little button at the side of your knee there, they're kind of like comfy, baggy shorts. Bonds t-shirts are fabulous too, I like them because they're roomy and the arms go almost to your elbow.
Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 8:08 am

Finally home!
Some good ideas there.. am planning on hitting the shops tomorrow. Gonna be a loooong but very enjoyable day! lol.
I'll put these ideas on my list of things to hunt out.
Personally, I don't care too much any more what I look like, particularly when I'm at home on the farm. Ha!! rofl, like the sheep care!! rofl.... but down the street is a different ballgame! The whole idea is that I feel more comfortable. More comfort + less annoyance = more effort on my part!
So, now, a new project for me again...
jiggly bits and wobbly bits 63412
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 5:27 am

I wear a pair of cotton short bike pants (lycra ewgh!!!) under my shorts when I exercise (which isn't as often as I should!!!)

It helps hold everything in and stops your legs rubbing together (we all know what I'm talking about here)...

jiggly bits and wobbly bits 369315
Back to top Go down
shadesailundies
Part of the furniture
shadesailundies

Female

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 3:24 am

Pfffft, that brings back memories for me kylie...whipping off a pair of nasty beige granny knickers, lest my current squeeze see my atrocious underwear....lol. I still don't let my husband see my knickers on the line if I can help it....lol.

I agree the knickers in Autograph are great, I can't get them in my size though...which sucks and all the others I have seen have been very shiny and synthetic...which as I said is like glad wrapping your privates, surely that's unhealthy.lol.

Belly belts would be helpful I think for running....there is a link on my diary that Mapmar has suggested a pregnancy boob tube thingy as I don't want to wear the "underwear" but need something to smooth out the lumps and bumps where my waistband sits and the skin is a wee bit sqooshy. I'm going to buy one next time i'm down in perth.

Jen
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
shadesailundies
Part of the furniture
shadesailundies

Female

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 1:23 am

I understand where your coming from.....there are heaps of different types of "suck it in" undies but they are hot and sweaty and you wouldn't want them on whilst exercising. I think the idea of bike pants under your gym clothes would work if you bought them a bit small so that they were firm.

With regards to the "girls", I always by the berlei sf4 sports bra....it's ugly but works really well and you can still wear it under clothes and it's not overly noticeable that you are wearing a sports boulderholder...lol.

The wobbling is awful, but the way i'm trying to look at it is that if i'm moving it i'm losing it. I just hate being "seen" by other people, im still not comfortable with their being witnesses. lol.

Good luck
Jen
Back to top Go down
TJ
TJ

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-02-07

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 11:46 pm

I don't know if this will work or not, but may be you could try something I saw in the Ezi buy catalogue called "spanx" they are like super stretchy underwear that come right up to under your boobs, and then wear 2 bra's, a sport bra and then a sports crop that is 1 size to small. (I use to wear the 2 bra's a long time ago and that helped to keep the girls from knocking me out).

Teresa
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 11:02 pm

Raingold wrote:
But
I got way too many jiggly bits and wobbly bits to jog!
Any ideas on how to corral these bits so they don't move around so much?
Will need to harness the boobs up a bit more, but the "apron" area on my lower abdomen is severely annoying. It actually hurt. I'm planning on a tummytuck at some stage, but have quite a few kg's to go before I hit that route. I'd like to be able to do more along the exercise line before that, without wobbling like a jellyfish!!
Any ideas??
ta.

Maybe a wetsuit???

No seriously (& by the way I couldn't jog to save my life) perhaps a pair of those lycra bike pants or something that can be worn under your clothing?
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female

PostSubject: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits EmptyWed 14 Apr 2010, 10:47 pm

hmmmmmmmm
I'm trying to improve my exercise level, and scarily enough made the decision to try to jog. Now if you knew me over a period of time, you'd realise how totally laughable and how fantastically incredible that concept actually is.
So, I jogged on a hillside for maybe 100 metres, quite interestingly.
Didn't get puffed, which I would have before.
Legs didn't kill, which they would have before.
But
I got way too many jiggly bits and wobbly bits to jog!
Any ideas on how to corral these bits so they don't move around so much?
Will need to harness the boobs up a bit more, but the "apron" area on my lower abdomen is severely annoying. It actually hurt. I'm planning on a tummytuck at some stage, but have quite a few kg's to go before I hit that route. I'd like to be able to do more along the exercise line before that, without wobbling like a jellyfish!!
Any ideas??
ta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: jiggly bits and wobbly bits   jiggly bits and wobbly bits Empty

Back to top Go down

jiggly bits and wobbly bits
Page 1 of 1