5 posters
AuthorMessage
kellyjmiddlebrook
kellyjmiddlebrook

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-04-04

3 Weeks out and still have pain Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Weeks out and still have pain   3 Weeks out and still have pain EmptySun 31 Jul 2011, 12:05 am

Hey Sal

I had awful pain and it is slowly getting better now, three weeks post sleeve but still stings when I bend. I tore some internal stitches when I moved a box where my abdominal muscles were incised. Muscles take a lot longer to heal and depending on the incision through it, they might simply be feeling the strain. It sounds muscular to me and your abdomen is probably still trying to heal. Every time you move you are contracting core muscles in the middle so they will take the brunt of most of your daily activities and take more time to recover. I have put a hot water bottle down the side it stings and keep a pillow under my tummy when I am sleeping. If I need to roll over in bed I hold my tummy and try not to clench my stomach muscles.

Go see your doctor just in case but don't panic. Pain time has a good variation in all of us and remember you did have huge surgery and your body will still be recovering for months in various forms. Rest and take it easy.

Kell xx
Back to top Go down
sal73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-06-10

PostSubject: Re: 3 Weeks out and still have pain   3 Weeks out and still have pain EmptyFri 29 Jul 2011, 10:34 pm

Thank you my pain too is the right side of my belly button which is close to the largest incision where my stomach was pulled through. My surgeon is away for a couple of weeks but I am glad to hear others have had the same thing was just getting worried as so many people don't seem to have any pain.
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: 3 Weeks out and still have pain   3 Weeks out and still have pain EmptyFri 29 Jul 2011, 1:28 pm

My pain was similar, but to the right of my belly button. It lasted close to 6 weeks. Apparently, It was a muscle that was cut during surgery. No lasting effects, but check with your surgeon if you are still bothered :)
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 3 Weeks out and still have pain   3 Weeks out and still have pain EmptyFri 29 Jul 2011, 1:00 pm

Hi sal,

It was at least a full month for me before my pain eased. I woke from surgery with a torn tummy muscle and it was the worst part of my recovery. Like you, bending was so painful, getting out of bed was excruciating and sleeping on my back was my only option.

Week 5 I managed to sleep on my left side with a pillow for support and then a couple weeks before bending comfortably and sleeping in any position I wanted.

Strange how much faster my portholes and tummy healed compared to the torn muscle.

I hope you have relief soon. It's honestly just a distant memory now.

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
killerbabe82
killerbabe82

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: 3 Weeks out and still have pain   3 Weeks out and still have pain EmptyFri 29 Jul 2011, 7:58 am

i would talk to your surgon, 3 weeks seems very long:(
Back to top Go down
sal73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-06-10

PostSubject: 3 Weeks out and still have pain   3 Weeks out and still have pain EmptyFri 29 Jul 2011, 5:27 am

I still have a lot of pain when I pick things up off the floor and I still can not sleep on my side or a lot of movement. I have read a lot and most people only have pain for a couple of days not weeks.

The pain is very close to my belly button.

If anyone else has had this please let me know I am hoping that my muscles are still repairing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Weeks out and still have pain   3 Weeks out and still have pain Empty

Back to top Go down

3 Weeks out and still have pain
Page 1 of 1