AuthorMessage
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Pain nearly 4 weeks out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 5:58 pm

Sophia -
I wasn't comfy on my left side either at first, but now I'm finding I'm a rotisserie at night again...
always trying to sleep on my tummy... I always slept that way til my chiropractor said NOT too last year.
Like I said - I'm a freakin' rotisserie at night.
Not sure if I was bruised at all... but one of my incision lines seemed to have blown out on the way to the airport on the 5th morning. I went to take off my jacket, and it looked like a gunshot wound on my flank thru my shirt... Blood and other icky stuff... had to get a change of dressing and buy a new T-shirt for the flight home.
Of course, all my stuff was already baggage checked...

Deb - glad that Asha slobbered and loved your sis first... then you... *S*
I was so scared about Shy barreling at me and pouncing on my tummy... LOL!

Well, we're all on the mend now and healing nicely...
Pain nearly 4 weeks out 446871 Take care, all! *hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thecloudpainter
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 10:41 am

Hi Deb, yeah, I wasn't too worried, as that is where my port sites were with the most bruising - and I am guessing where my excess stomach was removed through? I am still not comforable sleeping on my left side - but enjoy being on my right side!
Sophia
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 10:36 am

Funny that Sophia. Fingers crossed sounds like it's normal though.
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 10:14 am

Hi Deb,
my discomfort was all under my LEFT ribcage - felt like some had their hand stuck up there pushing up under my rib cage! Though I've had no panadol /pain releif since day 5 post op, except for that left ribcage discomfort I've had no pain. I am happy about that! I am just vague and get tired!
Sophia
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyTue 17 Feb 2009, 7:57 am

CP, Asha was staying at my sister's place while I was in hospital. We were talking as we walked up the driveway and I talked to her through the gate so she knew I was there. When my sister opened the gate the little shit jumped on her first! She did jump on me and slobber all over me though next.

Beats the last time I left her at my sister's place. I opened the door and snuck in to surprise her and she went off her nut barking and growling at me.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 4:51 pm

Hi Deb
A shame about that small persistent pain, but gettng your doc to check it to make sure it's all okay is always a good idea. I'm sure it's "just one of those things" that will go away with time, but best to check.
However if that's the only thing that's bugging you after 25 days, I'd say you're doing pretty well - congratulations!
Chris
Back to top Go down
TheCloudPainter
Part of the furniture
TheCloudPainter

Female
Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 4:43 pm

Every once in a while, Deb - I still twist or stretch and I feel a lil tug that didn't used to be there... kind of a wake up call... LOL!

Let me tell you - sneezing, hiccups or a cough had me grabbing a pillow to my tummy faster than you could blink in the first week or so after the op.

I think the only thing that really hurt me in this whole experience was removal of the drain tube... oh heaven's! I cussed like a sailor, and said things that even made me blush! Whatever happened to soft Penrose drain tubes?? Mine felt like a hard PVC pipe coming out... ugh! I was amazed at how long the bugger was... it went from hip to hip.
I was very careful NOT to lift for a few weeks after I got home...
My fav saying was from 'Hannibal', the movie... "In or out?" LOL!
It would just totally freak people out... LOL!
Enough about that... don't want to freak out those waiting for their chop dates.

Deb - how was your dog when you got home?
I was scared our dog, Shy, would jump straight into my tummy, as is her way normally.
I guess because of the new smells, she was so gentle with me - nuzzling my face and neck.
It was so sweet!
My cats would just jockey for position to curl up against my tummy at night in bed, as they always do... LOL!

Take care!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/thecloudpainter
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 11:32 am

Cool....... i will warn my honey !
seems he is going to be busy the first few weeks after my op
in ways he never knew before........ hehe

mmmm.... better tell him where the moisturiser is kept

Hugs
Bella :))
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 11:10 am

Couchsurfer- it was about 8 days before I could bend over enough to put moisturiser on my legs. I could do most other tasks that required bending though. I guess moisturising your legs means being nearly doubled over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 11:07 am

everyone is different I guess. I had no pain once I came home. I was ready to get out to Bunnings, buy mulch and do the gardening but didn't cause I knew it wasn't clever.

I was bending down in hospital the first night, got meself in and out of bed and went for a shower. I'm made of tough fat Pain nearly 4 weeks out 314562
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 11:03 am

Thnks for that Kalgirl- sounds like I have nothing to complain about then!
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 10:36 am

physically i felt like a cripple for the first 3 weeks. bending hurt, getting out of the car or bed or off the couch hurt.
sometime in week 4 the sleeve fairy waved her magic wand and i was back to normal.

in the first 2 weeks hiccuping or burping hurt like absolute buggery too. i dreaded gas in my system.

it does get better.

of course, stay in touch with your doctors and don't hesitate to call them if it gets too much.
Back to top Go down
Couchsurfer

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 10:24 am

Yeah it sounds like that particular movement triggers a muscle to pull in a direction that hasn't quite healed yet.

I'm only 1 week out from being sleeved, and I've found the pain easing up less each day. But today I coughed hard and it felt like I was being stabbed with the knife, it hurt bad. I also cannot reach down to the ground and pick stuff up.

Question for anyone: How long did it take before you could do things like bend down to your feet? Or sneeze/cough without pain?
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 9:37 am

Ha Ha- you sound like a Panadol commercial.

Thanks- and glad to know that it is not abnormal.
I am seeing the exercise physiologist for a personal training session on Thursday so I will let her know.
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 9:35 am

Yeah I had that, its the muscles refusing together, but if pain persists consult you doctor!
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female

PostSubject: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out EmptyMon 16 Feb 2009, 9:26 am

Hi All,

I was sleeved 25 days ago today. About my only complaint is that I sometimes get a pain kind of like a stitch just under my right rib. It mainly seems to happen now when I lift my right leg towards my stomach/chest to get in the car. I feel so normal now that I don't think about that movement then the pain happens. In the scheme of things it is not that bad but I would like to know if it's normal. Did anyone else have a similar experience?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pain nearly 4 weeks out   Pain nearly 4 weeks out Empty

Back to top Go down

Pain nearly 4 weeks out
Page 1 of 1