6 posters
AuthorMessage
essienew
essienew

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Bad pain three weeks post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad pain three weeks post op   Bad pain three weeks post op EmptyFri 18 May 2012, 8:39 am

Hi Jazziegirl

I had similar pain on my right hand side for up to six weeks post op. My surgeon told me it was stitches that he put in the abdominal wall to prevent hernia occuring on the side that they took the remnant stomach out. My got better as the weeks went by but I had to be very careful as any wrong movement meant sharp stabbing pain for me. Take it easy and it will pass.
Back to top Go down
Jazziegirl
Jazziegirl

Female
Number of posts : 81

PostSubject: Re: Bad pain three weeks post op   Bad pain three weeks post op EmptyFri 18 May 2012, 7:05 am

Thanks Glinka spoke to the surgeon he said exactly what you just said .... I need to rest and pain meds hope it goes away soon
Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Bad pain three weeks post op   Bad pain three weeks post op EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 11:40 pm

Hi Jazzie
Please call your surgeon first. I had similar pain which I got from overdoing it it a little. I nagged my surgeon's office to see me as the pain was pretty severe. We assume it was just caused by the stitching of the ab muscles, and I may have pulled a stitch. I ended up on Endone to relieve the pain for about 5 days, and then the pain went away almost overnight.
Back to top Go down
Jazziegirl
Jazziegirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bad pain three weeks post op   Bad pain three weeks post op EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 11:09 pm

Thanks guys I going to call my surgeon if I can't get in I will go to the gp. I not worried that it's anything in my stomach the pains not in the area of my stiomach but whatever it is it bloody hurts
Back to top Go down
Firie75
Part of the furniture
Firie75

Female
Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Bad pain three weeks post op   Bad pain three weeks post op EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 11:06 pm

I agree with Sassyred, the person to really discuss this with is your surgeon. Even the GP can be of help if you can't access the surgeon straight away as they can at least order a few diagnostic tests and treatment if necessary and may be able to order them on advice of your surgeon if they ring them to discuss it.

I did have some similar pain as you described for a couple of weeks post op starting a week out. I thought initially it was from the incision site, but then it seemed to extend from the navel outwards and was a sharp, burning sensation especially when I moved in a certain way like rolling over in bed. I ended up going to the GP who took an x-ray as well as an ultrasound thinking it may have been a haematoma under the site. It turned out to be very, very severe constipation! That could have become a big problem if left unchecked for too much longer. But that was simply my experience. What you have may be entirely different, so get checked out properly. Anything that is causing a lot of pain and discomfort this far out needs to be medically reviewed,
Back to top Go down
Strawberrychick
Top Poster
Top Poster
Strawberrychick

Female
Number of posts : 1211
Registration date : 2012-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Bad pain three weeks post op   Bad pain three weeks post op EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 10:58 pm

Oh Jazziegirl you've had a rough trot hon. Severe pain is never normal. That doesn't necessarily mean it's anything dreadful, but it's not to be expected. Call your surgeon's office, right now.

Let us know how you go x
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Bad pain three weeks post op   Bad pain three weeks post op EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 8:18 pm

Call your surgeon to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Jazziegirl
Jazziegirl

Female

PostSubject: Bad pain three weeks post op   Bad pain three weeks post op EmptyThu 17 May 2012, 1:52 pm

I am three weeks post op and have started to have severe pain in my right side underneath my ribs where the incision was the main one where they pulled my tummy out. It's a stabbing stingy pain and it's like I have a constant stich.nits to the point I can't sit down for more than a couple of minutes is this normal has anybody else experience this ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad pain three weeks post op   Bad pain three weeks post op Empty

Back to top Go down

Bad pain three weeks post op
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: