AuthorMessage
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

New and confused... Empty
PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   New and confused... EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 5:41 am

Welcome to the other side. If you are following the surgeons and dieticians directions you should be fine. It is good that you feel so good. Everyones reaction to the surgery is different. Keep up the good work, aim to get the fluids in and get the clear soup in and protein drink. You will be fine. Look forward to catching you on chat some time.
You can put too much in your stomach, but you will know when you do. The secret is to stop eating or drinking as soon as you feel satisfied because you will feel fuller 10-15 after you stop. If you have pain or reflux, it quite often means you have consumed too much. Even coughing for no good reason can be reflux. With the smaller stomach signs usually change and are quite subtle. The thicker the food you consume the less you will be able to have at one time. Tht is normal, don't be concerned with that. As time goes by you will be able to have more at one time.

Any questions just ask us, if we don't know or think you should ask the doc we will tell you.

Enjoy your exciting journey and weight loss. Look forward to hearing from you some time.
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female
Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: New and confused...   New and confused... EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 4:37 am

Hi Melsie,

Congratulations. Glad to hear you are feeling really well - that's exactly as it should be! If you are following the surgeon/dietitian's directions, and not having pain, you are most likely taking in the right amounts. At this stage, you just need to be thinking fluids first, with liquid protein coming a close second. I hope you continue to feel great.

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
Melsie

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-06-21

PostSubject: New and confused...   New and confused... EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011, 1:29 pm

Hi my name is Mel and im am one week post surgery and have a couple of concerns....My first is i feel so good....surley one week after surgery i should feel crappy, but i feel good...can i put to much in my tummy???It feels like I have had so much today and i dont feel unwell.....there is so much going on in my head right now, I really dont know where to start!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New and confused...   New and confused... Empty

Back to top Go down

New and confused...
Page 1 of 1