AuthorMessage
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

I am a little confused, please help Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am a little confused, please help   I am a little confused, please help EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 9:09 pm

Hi fairytale it will depend on the surgeon's schedule and availability at the hospital you would be going into. I am up the north of Brisbane and I only had to wait a month from my first appointment to my surgery date and this is because I could not make it a week earlier as I had something on.

Good luck

Liz
Back to top Go down
fairytale

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: I am a little confused, please help   I am a little confused, please help EmptyWed 29 Aug 2012, 12:28 pm

Hi All

Thank you all so much for making me feel welcome and making me feel a whole lot better about the things that I was worrying about.

How long does it usually take for your surgery after you meet with the surgeon. I have my appointment with Dr David Martin in a couple of weeks and cant wait to get things started.

I am a little confused, please help 487524
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I am a little confused, please help   I am a little confused, please help EmptyThu 23 Aug 2012, 1:57 pm

Hi fairytale....

The pain from the sleeve certainly exists but doesnt last that long assuming all goes well and you look after your new tiny tummy post surgery. There is certainly some pain but we are all different in how it feels and Ho we react. That said, I don't particularly remember the pain and it seemed inconsequential compared to seeing the scales drop drop dropping...

On the plus side...the gall bladder scar gives you a great excuse to have a tummy tuck post-op...and if you're like me and wind up with a gelatinous mass of surplus skin then that's an option you might want to consider :)

S
Back to top Go down
Ishtar
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: I am a little confused, please help   I am a little confused, please help EmptyThu 23 Aug 2012, 9:03 am

I didn't have pain from either side but like JPC I just had the gas pain/feeling.
All the best for you journey and don't think about the possible pain. You can't change it and you may not get it. So long as you have some pain killers at home in case. Panadol, neurofen etc
Back to top Go down
Bex
Part of the furniture
Bex

Female
Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: I am a little confused, please help   I am a little confused, please help EmptyThu 23 Aug 2012, 5:39 am

Welcom Fairytale, I had the right hand side pain too Im 2 and a half weeks out and now it only hurts if I over do it or forget and bend down too quick so the pain doesn't last long like the girls before said its just where they pull the stomach out. I was so scared in the months leading up to the operation and now Ive had it its the best thing I have ever done and it was no where near as bad as I imagined it would be
Good luck with meeting your surgeon

Bec x
Back to top Go down
Liz
Part of the furniture
Liz

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2012-06-28

PostSubject: Re: I am a little confused, please help   I am a little confused, please help EmptyThu 23 Aug 2012, 5:27 am

Hi fairytale and welcome to the forum. My doctor told me the pain is on the right side as that is where all the action happens with removal of the stomach and there can be quite a bit of bruising (which is what I am finding as my op was last Friday morning). It gets better as the healing goes on.
Liz xx
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: I am a little confused, please help   I am a little confused, please help EmptyWed 22 Aug 2012, 11:04 pm

Hi fairytale,

Sounds like we could be twins, with similar curent problems and matching gall bladder scars. There can be two reasons from my understanding re the pain - right side on yourself from when they retract the liver there is the possibility of a small amount of bruising and on the left side, where they take the portion of stomach out. However, from my perspective the geratest pain was associated with the gas used to distend the area.

As per the gall bladder scar, my surgeon was concerned that adhesions / internal scar tissue would impact on the surgery but indicated adhesions could be cut and it should only increase the surgery time marginally.

With all that in mind, we are all different as are the surgeons, so go armed with every question you want / need answered and good luck on you journey.

Cheers for now,

Janet
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: I am a little confused, please help   I am a little confused, please help EmptyWed 22 Aug 2012, 12:44 pm

Welcome Fairytale
My surgeon explained that the excised tummy is removed through the right hand incision and that pain on that side is normal. Pain on the left side ( where the stomach is) could be a sign of a problem.

Best of luck with your journey.
Jessied
Back to top Go down
fairytale

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: I am a little confused, please help   I am a little confused, please help EmptyWed 22 Aug 2012, 12:23 pm

Well after much research and this brilliant forum, I have decided to have the sleeve. I am booked into see Dr David Martin on 11th Sept and I am so excited I cant wait. I finally realised that I was alive but not living. I have Diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholestrol, sleep apnoa etc.

Your experiences and thoughts are so enjoyable, honest and thought provoking and has made such a difference with my decision. For that I would like to thank you all.

I am a little confused and worried at the same time. People are mentioning on the forum that they have right sided pain, why when our stomachs are on the left side of our bodies. I am a little worried also, I had my gall bladder out 30 years ago when I was young and it was the old style operation. Needless to day I have a scar that runs from top of my stomach to the bottom right in the middle. I am hoping like hell that the scar tissue etc. will not cause any extra problems. Has anyone else had this problem.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am a little confused, please help   I am a little confused, please help Empty

Back to top Go down

I am a little confused, please help
Page 1 of 1