AuthorMessage
Bev
Part of the furniture
Bev

Female
Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2011-09-06

new and confused  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new and confused    new and confused  EmptySun 02 Oct 2011, 11:59 pm

Some surgeons don't require you to do the Optifast pre-op. Every one is different as are the surgeons. If you are unsure- just double check with your detitian.
The Diary - you may have to be logged in to see it and it is in the All About You section on the Home page - just scroll down - you can't miss it.
Bev
Back to top Go down
Yehuda

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-27

new and confused  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new and confused    new and confused  EmptySun 02 Oct 2011, 11:22 am

Thank you for your responses!!!!

I did all the tests and appointment's, but the dietitian did not say anything about a pre op diet 2 weeks before surgery.
Also how do i find the Diary section on the sight.
Thanks
Yehuda
Back to top Go down
Bev
Part of the furniture
Bev

Female
Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2011-09-06

new and confused  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new and confused    new and confused  EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:12 am

Hi Yehunda - and welcome!
I would suggest you contact your surgeons office and ask for some information on your procedure, Pre-op and Post -op. If this surgeons associated with an obesity clinic he may have an information pack to send you. Other wise you could google "Sleeve Gastrectomy". Where you will find information.
I will summarize my journey: My surgeon is associated with Obesity Surgery WA
1) referral from GP
2) appointment with surgeon to agree to surgery and explain procedure and risks
3) appointment with dietitian to explain pre op and post op diets and expected weight loss
4) appointment with clinic doctor for a physical assessment
5) blood tests
6) start pre op diet 2 weeks before surgery
7) pre-op appointment with surgeon to sign consent forms
8) appointment with Anaethetist to explain what happens and post op pain control.
9) Surgery
You then have follow up appointments with surgeon and dietitian.
Remember every surgeon is different and pre and post op diet programs may be different depending on how much weight you have to lose. I suggest to you go to the Diary section on this site and follow someone's journey. This is a great place to get the information you need once you get the hang of it.
I hope this helps
Bev
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

new and confused  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new and confused    new and confused  EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 10:34 pm

Hi yehuda,
Congratulations on deciding to get a sleeve. It's really easy to lose weight with the sleeve. You have to take it easy in the early stages, but you will be fine. You won't know yourself in 6 months!
Hope all goes well. Welcome to the site, everyone here is very friendly and helpful.
Try reading in The Diaries section.
Good luck
Rebecca
Back to top Go down
Yehuda

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-27

new and confused  Empty
PostSubject: new and confused    new and confused  EmptyTue 27 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

Hi my name is Yehuda i live in Israel and i am having the sleeve done on November 17th .... I have a ton of questions and really nervous about the surgery what to do before and maintaining everything afterwords, and i have no clue how to navigate this site or find anything.
So if anybody wants to help me, That would be awesome....

Thanks Yehuda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new and confused  Empty
PostSubject: Re: new and confused    new and confused  Empty

Back to top Go down

new and confused
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: