Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings?

Go down 
+2
bubbles
skinnygreyhound
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female
Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings?   Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings? - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011, 11:36 am

First topic message reminder :

just wondered if there any reports form NZ users? would love to hear good or bad!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
bubbles
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings?   Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings? - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 6:49 pm

Hi Mackie

I think from memory my GP quoted $15-20K but it actually turned out to be about $17 and that included everything. They ask for about $12K up front but that's just for the hospital. Anaesthetist, xrays and I'm sure there was something else are billed separately. John wasn't very encouraging about applying for aid thru southern x but i know skinnygreyhound got some.

Good luck with your journey. I don't go on this site very often know but would be happy to answer any queries you may have.

Bubbles

ps. Oh, and the other thing is that $17K was before the GST increase came in so it would be more than that now. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
mackie
mackie

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2011-11-16

PostSubject: Royston   Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings? - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 4:03 am

Hi there I am new to this site and was so pleased to find this thread and read your post Bubbles. I am seeing John next Thursday with a view to having my sleeve done in January 2012....really really excited but also a bit worried about the cost. He gave me a cost on phone when we spoke but my GP pointed out the other day that i should of asked if this included everything the anaethitist etc....I had just assumed ( bit silly I know) that it was all inclusive in the price John told me...scared I am going to be really upset if they seperate costs as am on limited budget.
Back to top Go down
bubbles
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings?   Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings? - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 7:58 pm

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of kiwis on this site but in my case ALL GOOD!
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female

PostSubject: thanks for the reply makes me feel so much calmer!!   Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings? - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 8:14 am

I PM'd you because I couldnt work out how to use this thing!!!
would love to hear more have you a diary?
many thanks
Back to top Go down
bubbles
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings?   Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings? - Page 2 EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 1:32 am

Yes, August last year and John Fleischl did my surgery - no issues whatsoever with him or the care I received in hospital - was in for 2 nights.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Bubbles
Back to top Go down
skinnygreyhound
Part of the furniture
skinnygreyhound

Female

PostSubject: Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings?   Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings? - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011, 11:36 am

just wondered if there any reports form NZ users? would love to hear good or bad!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings?   Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone used Royston Hospital Hastings?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2