4 posters
AuthorMessage
LeoMegs
LeoMegs

Female
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-06-27

Meal replacement shakes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meal replacement shakes   Meal replacement shakes EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 2:46 am

Hi, I'm with Gail. Except I hated it when I had to have it. Now that I don't have to have them, I like them LOL.

I have an optifast a day for the protein/fibre combination. It seems to be a good way to get the nutrition in. I didn't like the vanilla before surgery and now find it OK.
Back to top Go down
Joyla
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Meal replacement shakes   Meal replacement shakes EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 2:43 am

I agree with Gail - I quite like it - well the coffee and the strawberry that is. I find it is the easiest way to get the protein in - and its so convenient.
I used it for 8 weeks prior to surgery and lost 18.2kg up to the day of surgery - since being home I have continued to use it still - it takes the guess work out of finding fluids/mushies that are high in protein. I have since dropped another 2.8kg making a total of 21 kg.
Yes, that 21KG

Last edited by Joyla on Mon 27 Sep 2010, 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Meal replacement shakes   Meal replacement shakes EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 2:06 am

Hi,

I am one of the very sad ones that likes opti I am afraid LOL
I still have one a day and if I want to get a little more weight off and have stopped I change it to two a day.
I did it for 3 weeks leading up to the last surgery and not only did I feel fantastic going into surgery the recovery has been remarkable. Dropped another 2 kilos as well and I am nearly at goal so I was very happy with that.

Personal choice but in my opinion it is worth it.
Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Meal replacement shakes   Meal replacement shakes EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 1:26 am

Hey veryone just wondering do any of you still have an optifast or two a day or similar in replacement of meals? I am contemplating changing my diet up a bit as after 2 moths I've hit a bit of a plateau going up and down. Just want to know if anyone used them and if so for how long- or do you still replace one to two meals a day with opti or similar like Tony ferguson
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meal replacement shakes   Meal replacement shakes Empty

Back to top Go down

Meal replacement shakes
Page 1 of 1