Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How will I get through the next 51 weeks?

Go down 
+63
Willowgirl
TinaLou
Pineapple
Bumbles
wilkiebarkid
dream4life
rebirth
nezza66
JJW
Kiley
stormyandthunder
GKEL81
MissHollywood23
lin1970
veronica simcoe
gruggy
chereign
Melinda38
Kell
justjed
cyclonestorm
Eringirl
kay63
Jacko84
goldfingerkristi
cocosnuts
Emma1989
Kate
Shazbotzski
JayNay
SloJo
Sylvia41
Lozza (takitaki)
Fraggle
Kylie
gottarhyme
Bellshell
Ryjackmama
gibb100503
Synna
jessied
D'Girlz
gemp285
Janette
prillbaby
Miss Vicki
DBFiveGirl
Ozzieloz
Tempest
lovelyslim
Bamba
sssss
J
shelly25
gkathanasiou
NutMeg
Kazz
kazlikesgreen
realme
butterfly girl
Emily
Peazles
Jaime
67 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15
AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,

I have only JUST taken out PHI last week and it's driving me nuts, knowing that I can't have my sleeve surgery for 12 months.

Are there a lot of you that had to wait this long? How did you cope?

I am going to try Tony Ferguson (again) in the meantime, but every time I try, I don't end up sticking to it.

Woe is me lol How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 595690
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Emily
Part of the furniture

Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyWed 03 Nov 2010, 1:02 am

lovelyslim, I have the same cover and everything went very smoothly - good choice!
Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyTue 02 Nov 2010, 11:52 pm

Hey All

It's 10.45am wednesday morning ....Finally YES i have PHI .....Got Nib young at heart TOP cover .....Paying $37.83per week ... I can't believe i've done it YEAHA ....... now i have to wait 51 weeks and 4 days .....WISHing it was tomorrow but anyway ...... God willing i'll be the Lovelyslim by my 40's.
I am so happy right now ........ YES one step forward ........ Surgery for the 3rd of NOV2011.......YEAHA ...............in time for next christmas 2011.....

Cant wait till that day ........... counting down ........
Going to celebrate....... buying lunch out ........

Love ya's from Lovelyslim How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 542174

Back to top Go down
lovelyslim
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyTue 02 Nov 2010, 9:51 pm

Hello to all .......... Just deciding on which PHI ..Nib or Medibank private ... i have been ringing like crazy ...... What do u Girls have and how much are you paying per week .........i am 38 years old and want to take out a single cover .......but anyway bcos i have been ringing these PHI in the last few days i can get a back date to that first phone call .... I know i have to get on TOP of it now today ......... ........

A big thanks to Realme and Therese

Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 1:34 am

Ok, so Im a month into my 12 month wait....but far out, another 11 months of this waiting! I just want it done NOW. Im having fantasies of winning X Lotto, but they dont involve buying houses or holidays, they involve being able to go straight into the surgeons office and paying for my sleeve upfront!! lol.

Just got to try and stay positive. Doesnt help that I told my sister about my plans to have a sleeve, and my excitement was met with the comment "why dont you get motivated and join a gym and start eating better, lose weight that way instead of having surgery..." Ummm yeah.... I've spent my whole life trying to do just that, and hey, look how successful THATS been!!

Back to top Go down
Bamba
Part of the furniture
Bamba

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2010-10-11

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyThu 21 Oct 2010, 10:07 pm

I know how you feel - My PHI kicks in next August and I want this done yesterday! lol
I am already seeing my dietition, I have been to the seminar held by my surgeon and I am doing as much research as I possibly can.

I am sure the time will fly by! :)
Back to top Go down
http://realghoststories.com.au
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyFri 08 Oct 2010, 2:01 pm

oe day at a time...but all of a sudden you will pop your head up and realise that the weeks and months have flown by and your year is nearly up!

S
Back to top Go down
J
Part of the furniture
J

Male
Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2010-08-04

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 7:49 am

Like many others have said itll go by so fast in the end you end up starting to worry you dont have enough to time to organize everything..

Im 96 days from PHI kicking in and hoping my surgery will either be that day or that week. Just stay positive reading threads on here keeps you motivated and helps alot.

Where abouts in Melb are you ? Im in Ferntree Gully and am having my sleeve done through Lap Surgery Australia.

Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 6:46 am

I would suggest starting you diary here and logging you thoughts feeling progress as you are waiting for thr months to fly,then you can look back on how it all went for you,stay on here regulaurly to keep your motivation up.It really will go quickly.
stay positive
shelly

How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 446871
Back to top Go down
gkathanasiou
gkathanasiou

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyThu 07 Oct 2010, 12:51 am

I to had to wait 12 months..... but on a bright note....im now only 7 weeks away from the op! it will come soon enough....
hey it's neally christmas alreadY!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 11:47 pm

I had to wait for the 12 months too, and now I am 3.5 months post op :) It really did fly by!

As others have said, space your surgeons, dietitians, cardiologist, etc., appointments out so you have something to look forward to each month.

I started at a gym about 3 months before surgery and took off 13kgs prior to the op. That helped pass the time LOL

Also, start saving now for your out of pocket expenses if you can :)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyWed 06 Oct 2010, 12:26 pm

lostgurl, I'm in the same boat as you. Ive just signed up for PHI last week. I fear it will be a long 12 months....
I have felt a great sense of relief since I made the decision that WLS was the right choice for me, and now to have to wait a year seems unbearable.
I am trying to see the positive and use this year as a time to really research and find out all I can, so I can make informed choices...

some great advice in this thread :)
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 3:41 pm

Good on you for doing it!!
As the girls have said it will happen quicker than you think!!
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyWed 15 Sep 2010, 11:27 am

Thank you everyone for your replies :)

Lots of smilies there butterfly, took me a while to get through your post LOL.

Very exciting for you realme! I definitely agree that it is better to be overly prepared ... I am like that myself with everything lol. I will look out for your progress.

Peazles, thanks again for your info, you are a gem!

Emily, I'm not so sure the weight is going to fall off me ... I have trouble sticking to shake diets where food is restricted and I have even more trouble sticking to weight watcher type diets where you can have a little of most things ... too much temptation!

The main reason for me wanting to shift some weight now is that I am hopefully going to give my Dad one of my kidneys and the surgeons wont touch me until I drop 25kg +.

My sleeve decision has been partly based on that, but mainly so that I am in better health, can hopefully concur my overeating problems and be a more healthy, energetic parent for my 2 kids.

Thanks again for your replies :)

Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 1:57 pm

Hi there lostgurl, wow where do I start. I read your post and feel like its me typing the words! I am also waiting for my PHI to kick in. I started this journey in March and remember thinking how on earth was I going to get through these 12 months????? but you know what? the past 6 months have gone pretty quick and I have scheduled my initial consultation for next week, thats right next week!!!!!!!!! I was sitting at a seminar at work today and it hit me that in 8 days I will be going to see my surgeon! Im soooooo excited. Im the type of person that when I make my mind up about something I want it yesterday so the time thats passed has helped me learn alot of things. Firstly, I have had so much time to research and research and do some more research!
Seriously, I have created a spreadsheet of valuable information that people on this wonderful website have given me. Info like what to take to hospital, preparing for the operation, questions for the surgeon, eating tips, things to do when Im skinny, recipes for the mushy stage of recovery, explaining the surgery to friends and family etc etc.
So as you can see Im probably over prepared! (but I wouldnt have it any other way!)
ok Ill stop yapping on. Stay on this website and you will be sooo prepared for the surgery and time will pass relatively quickly. Good luck in finding a great surgeon! xxx
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:17 pm

Hello
it really does fly by....

as others have said...... use the time to get healthy, see alth the preop things.... and if you need to acess apra do it sooner than later.... start 5 months before you need the money.

it can be a pain!!!
i would find and see a How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 21984 surgeon How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 21984 , see what he/she wants you to do... and as you have a starting BMI of..... you can then loose as much waight as you want to or can. and have a plan to keep it off.!!!!!!
start a diary, jump in and get to know us all.... we only Roar bite Roar when we have had enough of How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 64827 optiyuck How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 64827
and there are a lot of Unicorn cute Pierced pic's you can add to your posts.... lol Unicorn
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:10 pm

Get excited - you have a unique opportunity to drop as much weight as you can preop which will save you postop and give you the best chance of surgical success! I found once I had the op planned, it was easy to stick to my "last diet" plan and the weight fell off.
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:52 am

Yep, can't wait! I'm getting done in Melb too, I'll pm you some info. I found re. surgeons.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:47 am

That's good to hear Peazles. I am looking into surgeons at the moment, just need to contact a couple more for prices and then I will choose who I'll go with. I think I might make the appointment for October sometime.

You must be getting excited, your surgery is just around the corner :)
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:38 am

Yep I was in the same boat. My PHI kicks in this January. The time actually flies by and, if you want to make it feel like you're making a bit of head way, go see your surgeon, dietician, psychologist etc at intervals throughout the year. That way you feel like you're working towards it.
Honestly though, time is flying by.
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

Hi guys,

I have only JUST taken out PHI last week and it's driving me nuts, knowing that I can't have my sleeve surgery for 12 months.

Are there a lot of you that had to wait this long? How did you cope?

I am going to try Tony Ferguson (again) in the meantime, but every time I try, I don't end up sticking to it.

Woe is me lol How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 595690
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will I get through the next 51 weeks?   How will I get through the next 51 weeks? - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

How will I get through the next 51 weeks?
Page 15 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15