sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

A question about overeating now and post sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 12:44 pm

I was an over eater before the sleeve now my problem is i graze i never feel hungry but night time is my worse im usually home alone or my boys are doing there own thing in thier bedrooms if i keep myself busy im ok i get really annoyed at myself for doing it but im hopeless and still do it of course i dont eat wat i use to but i still have to much sometimes its something i have to start to stop doing and try and make myself busier at night

cheers sue
Back to top Go down
Diafol

Male
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 12:24 pm

I had the same thoughts before surgery,what if I overeat like I have done in the past. I was out of control with food and would binge all the time. After surgery is a whole new world,I cannot eat anywhere near what I could on a good day without binging or overeating and I am finding myself being picky with what I eat so im getting all the protein and nutrients I can from a small serve. I have had 1 or 2 incidents where I was very uncomfortably full,not thrown up yet. My urges to binge are not showing up and I hope they never return.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 7:39 am

ive been sick twice from over eating in the first couple of weeks,it wasnt even digested it just came straight back up my throat,i havent done it again but i have eaten till uncomfortable as they other sleevers have described.
you definately cant eat and eat and eat with the sleeve!!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 2:15 am

I used to be able to eat and eat and eat. I'd go to Darrell Lea and buy packets of junk and just sit down with a book and work through them.

I just can't any more - even if I wanted to (and I have a couple of times when life got touch - but was very glad later as you can imagine).

Early on my nose would run and my eyes would water and up it would all come. Now I just feel full and uncomfortable, and I know if I go any further, it will all come back up. Not worth it!!!

Hard to understand before I know - hope this helped a bit!
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 1:20 am

I was one of the piggiest bingey-ist eaters about pre-op and it is just not possible with the sleeve don't worry. When I'm eating normally, like dinner at home etc I just get to a certain point and just "know" I can't eat anymore. I think that has been the big difference with the sleeve. Pre sleeve I could always "finish off the plate" even if I was full (oops) but now I leave pieces of steak etc cuz I just cannot eat one more bite. What's even weirder (and better!) is that it seems to come from my head that I'm full, it's not just a physical sensation. Like apple said, this is what it must be like for the naturally thin who just enjoy their food and stop when they're full.

The only time I get overfull is when I eat out and I really push myself but I feel instantly overfull with one bite too many then feel like huge indigestion for an hour or so and I say to my family, opps I've eaten too much ouchie!! But I know within a few bites that I've overdone it, you just cannot keep overeating. I think the thing to worry about with the sleeve is not overeating, its eating small quantities of high calorie foods often (hmmm...)
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 12:37 am

I like how apple explained it cause thats what I tell ppl when they ask how can you survive on that???

I say its like stuffing yourself at christmas where you know if you take another bite you will be soo sooo sick...thats how I feel after every meal and yeah it might only take 6 bites of whatever to get there

I find it sooo empowering to have that control over food now...love it to bits
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 9:32 pm

Okay, I'm in this club too - the amount I used to eat pre-op could have fed a small country!
For the first year or so, I hardly even felt head hunger - but I did throw up a lot due to not chewing well enough, eating too much, and eating too fast - a slow learner here!
Last night I was disgusted with myself because I did the old thing and ate when full, after dinner, and it was only junk too.
Okay, it wasn't straight after dinner - no way I could have done that - had to wait until it went down some.
Then I had (guessing here) about 10 marshmallows and probably the equivalent of a medium bag of chips. Believe me, that's a big binge these days!
I try not to do this, but like so many of us, I've spent my life overeating - and after dinner has always been the difficult time for me, too.
But it's much easier to feel full now, you can't eat more right away (which gives you time to figure out why it is you want to eat and deal with it in other ways if you can), and even if you do binge, it's just a tiny one. And the best bit is that you can regain control again much easier than before - and when you do, the weight does come off again much more easily.
Hope my experience helps you, and good luck.
Back to top Go down
JulesR
JulesR

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 12:48 pm

Oh.. it was priceless !! I still have a giggle about it.. LOL

But honestly, it has changed my life... The best way EVER !
Back to top Go down
DancingOnTheInside
Part of the furniture
DancingOnTheInside

Female
Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 12:38 pm

JulesR wrote:
I'm 7mths in I've only thrown up twice.. once two pieces of spaghetti came out of my nostril... gross..... I truly knew I was full !

Oh I have too rich an imagination! And wouldn't that give a dinner date something to think about - lol

x
Doti
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 11:48 am

I was another who could eat forever!!

Now, well there is no way!
I have never eaten to vomiting since I have been sleeved, but have been so full to the point of being very uncomfortable, and had to get up and walk around. I try to avoid this as its not nice.

My life no longer revolves around food, LOL and you become addicted to other things like forums A question about overeating now and post sleeve 595690
Back to top Go down
JulesR
JulesR

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 11:43 am

I'm 7mths in I've only thrown up twice.. once two pieces of spaghetti came out of my nostril... gross..... I truly knew I was full !

When I over eat (rare) I get lethargic & a bit warm and a sweaty forehead..
Just a bit of discomfort, no pain.

I think about food differently than I did before, my life revolved around food, now, I eat because I need food for fuel.

Before sleeve,I could eat forever and not feel full, I think for the first time in my life, I know what full feels like.
I agree, it's something that you learn as you go along.
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 11:36 am

I totally understand you PM08. I am also pre-sleever and I often sit on the couch at night (time I eat the most) and I often think, "How will I be once Im sleeved?" "What will I be doing instead of this?" Eating and food takes up so much of my thoughts during the day that its hard to imagine not having it all the time after the surgery...not that Im not welcoming the feeling!
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 11:33 am

if you tried to stuff it in it would come back out :) Before that heppened trust me you will stop your eyes water your nose runs and I tell you trying to swollow your own spit becomes difficult.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 11:19 am

ok so pain or no pain- you just CANT stuff it in?

Sorry... i just cant fathom life AFTER surgery yet.
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 11:12 am

I used to be like you and could eat forever and never vomit. I had the surgery only 3 days ago and trust me you know to stop. I get this stabbing in the chest feeling for a sec and thats it.Also your not hungry at all so it is easier to stop... hope Im still like this when on solids but I assume I will be... love it so far...
Back to top Go down
lmboyd
Part of the furniture
lmboyd

Female
Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 11:06 am

Hi pm08 I second what applesauce has said ! This is a different sort of full I would explain it as being full and satisfied where as before surgery I could be full but rarely satisfied. I dont experience pain or throwing up just physically unable to put any more food anywhere its impossible and I guess the grehlin [or lack of it] assists with the satisfaction that I feel after I have eaten . Dont worry this is totally different to when you are stuffing more and more food in before surgery. Hope thats helpful.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 10:53 am

It is really hard to explain, imagine eating the biggest christmas dinner of your life, all the trimmings to the point that you feel like the food is going to flow back up your throat THEN try and eat something, good frigging luck *LOL* I swear I have gone oh my gawd I ate to much I cant swollow my own spit hehe You only do this a few times and you so dont do this on purpose. It is not like a sharp stab you pain it is eyes water nose runs your body wants to not swollow its own spit because NOTHING is going down feeling.

You just wont do it over and over. I tell people who say before surgery they ate when they where not hungry well with this surgery sure you can eat when not hungry BUT you can eat a tiny amount and for the first time in your life be FULL. You seriously lose interest in food when eye popping full. It is pretty amazing when you can grab a tub of no fat no sugar yoghurt and eat that and be stuffed to the gills. Kinda puts you off that bag of chips or burger.

I still go out to dinner I still order dessert and trust me I LOVE dessert but after dinner I am struggling even an hour later to fit in 2 spoons of it. It is there It is delectable but the desire to eat it beyond a taste is gone.

You just have to love this surgery. The difference between full and not hungry is the world. I think THAT is what skinny people must feel.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve EmptySun 02 May 2010, 9:48 am

Hi kids,

Im pre sleeve, and I while Im trying to get my head around everything to do with the operation, I come up with more and more questions.

Right now, I eat ALOT. It takes ALOT of food to satisfy me, and I can eat even when Im feeling full, not even remotely hungry, or Ive had a massively big portion. I can eat more. I can eat until Im in pain to move/ breathe. I never vomit, I just work through the pain until it goes away.

So, when I was at the surgeons I asked about overeating being a concern (as I eat when Im not hungry) and the nurse said that basically, you get a nasty pain and its a very uncomfortable feeling - if you eat too much post sleeve.

So, when I overeat to the point of pain now- is it the same pain as what the nurse was speaking about? Because Ive learnt to live with that pain and Im worried post sleeve that the pain wont worry me.... does that make sense?

Can anyone elaborate please? I do know I need to change my eating habits, but its just a concern I have.

Thanks

Nat

xoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about overeating now and post sleeve   A question about overeating now and post sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

A question about overeating now and post sleeve
Page 1 of 1