AuthorMessage
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyTue 10 Aug 2010, 10:44 am

Thanks Maria...

Nosy genes now satisfied...

S
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyTue 10 Aug 2010, 5:06 am

Okay spoke with an anaesthetist friend... He said yes you should mention it but it does not change anything really. You MUST mention if you have a band as most anae want them deflated before surgery. Having the sleeve does not change anything re: anae.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyTue 10 Aug 2010, 12:11 am

Thanks Emily....that makes sense....

S
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 4:47 pm

ssss, yes breathing tubes and/or nasogastric tubes. Often just shoved down reasonably blindly, but they need to take a look to ensure the integrity of the suture line. Breathing tubes can be accidentally placed in the oesophagus and you also don't want your tiny tummy inflated with air before they realize.
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 3:01 pm

Im interested in this also, as I will be having a c/s in about 8 weeks and unfortunately with Lily I had to go under as they were unable to get my spinal in (so there is the chance that it will happen again).
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 1:29 pm

I would be interested in this info also, as I am having surgery next week, requiring a GA.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 1:21 pm

You're all awesome..thanks for the fast responses. Emily are you talking about breathing tubes? Mapmar...look forward to your info...you looked great today (and loved the jacket :)

thanks again

S
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 1:10 pm

Will have to do with them not putting down blind tubes, they should use fiberoptic to intubate/insert NGTs.
Back to top Go down
Has Shrunk
Has Shrunk

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 1:03 pm

Hi would it have something to do with how long you have to fast for! that's probably about the only thing I can think of!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 1:02 pm

I can ask one of our anaesthetist's tomorrow. He actually has been in surgery doing anae with my surgeon Jon... so will ask him and get back to you!
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 12:42 pm

Hi all...

Am hoping someone may know the answer to this question (should have asked Maria today :)...

Pre-surgery my anaethetist said that after the sleeve I would always need to let any other anaethetist know that I had had the sleeve. Am having surgery at the end of September (nothing major but will be under for about 50 mins apparently). I mentioned it to the surgeon today who said all anaethetists are different re how they respond to sleevers and she thought they may be more concerned about bandits. Anyone know what difference it makes and why the anaethetists need to know? Is it something to do with the breathing tube?

It's not going to make any difference to my surgery....I'm just a stickbeak who hates not knowing what and why things happen :)

S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia   Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia Empty

Back to top Go down

Question re post-sleeve anaesthesia
Page 1 of 1