Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !!

Go down 
+19
LeDiva
colli71
Tigga
jen-e
darkstar
Tempest
jwd145lbs
Countrygirl
daisy
sue
Raingold
aprilsun
Janette
DancingOnTheInside
sssss
PiercedMumma08
Carrie
Libby
georgexiro
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
georgexiro
georgexiro

Male
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-01-24

George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Bruising appears 3 days after my surgery ????   George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Apr 2010, 6:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guy's.
Dr came to see me again this morning. He mentioned that I might be able to go home on Monday. He also said that I had a low blood count as I lost around 150ml of blood during the surgery but that I will be ok. They have removed the drip and taken the morphine away as of this morning. I am still very sore due to the hiatus hernia repair that he did.

I have developed a lot of bruising on the side of my body. . Has anyone has similar thing happen to them ?? I was operated on Tuesday and had no bruising until Friday !!! This just showed up out of nowhere... They are applying a cream on there twice a day which is doing nothing.

I am still sore and now getting tablets for pain which seem to be making me much more relaxed than the morphine.

Here is the photo.

George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 Brusing
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
georgexiro

PostSubject: Re: George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !!   George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Apr 2010, 8:20 am

Dr didnt seemed too concerned about it, he said that it would eventually go away. I will speak to him at great lengths about it tomorrow. It isnt hurting me so much today as it did yesterday. The nurse did outline the bruising with a pen to see if it spread , but it didnt.

I also have more bruising around the 5 key holes today, that werent all there a couple of days ago. my "gut" "is very swallen . I can understand the bruising around the key holes but not the rest.

There are more keyholes on the other side :)

Libby : Yes it is the side I lay on, but I am sure that I was flat on my back that night as I woke up in same position with blankets untouched (which is rare for me )

Sorry for the graphic image

George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 Gut George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 878453

Last edited by georgexiro on Sat 24 Apr 2010, 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !!   George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Apr 2010, 8:01 am

Holy crap!

I hope that you arent in too much pain! That bruising - OMG!

Nat xoxoxoxo
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !!   George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Apr 2010, 7:57 am

I had bruising just like that but on the other side, it's very impressive isn't it. I vaguely remember that it was something to do with the drain, but a lot of what I got told in those first few days is a bit blurry so I stand to be corrected.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !!   George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Apr 2010, 7:49 am

WOW. No I didn't get any bruising. Is that the side you lay on? Looks like all you blood has pooled in that area, if that can happen. Has the doctor given a reason why you have such extensive bruising?
Back to top Go down
georgexiro
georgexiro

Male

PostSubject: Bruising appears 3 days after my surgery ????   George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Apr 2010, 6:47 am

Hi guy's.
Dr came to see me again this morning. He mentioned that I might be able to go home on Monday. He also said that I had a low blood count as I lost around 150ml of blood during the surgery but that I will be ok. They have removed the drip and taken the morphine away as of this morning. I am still very sore due to the hiatus hernia repair that he did.

I have developed a lot of bruising on the side of my body. . Has anyone has similar thing happen to them ?? I was operated on Tuesday and had no bruising until Friday !!! This just showed up out of nowhere... They are applying a cream on there twice a day which is doing nothing.

I am still sore and now getting tablets for pain which seem to be making me much more relaxed than the morphine.

Here is the photo.

George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 Brusing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !!   George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

George is home sweet home now, bruising has settled down now !!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3