AuthorMessage
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

Legs swelling / fluid retention after band removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legs swelling / fluid retention after band removal   Legs swelling / fluid retention after band removal EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 11:32 pm

Hi there, I haven't had a band, so I'm not sure about that part of your question, but I do know fluid retention can be a sign of underlying disease.

I had really bad fluid retention before I was sleeved. I have always had a tendency towards fluid retention and as I got older, and fatter, it got worse. By the end of the day my ankles and feet were like balloons, often my calves as well. It was incredibly uncomfortable.

I was tested for heart, lung and kidney problems. Thankfully in my case there was nothing serious wrong - nothing other than my obesity, I mean. I really think this is a symptom your mum should get checked out ASAP. It might be nothing, but she may need treatment for an underlying problem. Better to be safe than sorry...
Back to top Go down
kcw75

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-07-05

Legs swelling / fluid retention after band removal Empty
PostSubject: Legs swelling / fluid retention after band removal   Legs swelling / fluid retention after band removal EmptyTue 03 May 2016, 12:48 pm

THi, did anyone have bad fluid retention in their legs after having the band removed? I'm asking on behalf of my mum. After 18 years she has had to have it removed and later will have the sleeve. Some days her legs swell almost double in size. TIA
Back to top Go down

Legs swelling / fluid retention after band removal
Page 1 of 1