AuthorMessage
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

Wind and Fluid Retention Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wind and Fluid Retention   Wind and Fluid Retention EmptySat 18 May 2013, 8:56 am

Thanks guys I will have to try to up the fluid I have had peppermint tea but I'll try to up the fluids with around 3 of them a day if I can. My problem is also the discomfort from the bloat by the end of the day makes drinking an even bigger challenge but I will try to rise to it.
Wind and Fluid Retention 64827 Wind and Fluid Retention 64827 Wind and Fluid Retention 64827
Back to top Go down
sandygee
Part of the furniture
sandygee

Female
Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2013-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Wind and Fluid Retention   Wind and Fluid Retention EmptySat 18 May 2013, 7:32 am

Hi Bluebags

I'm one day behind you.....passing wind like a pit pony - as my grandfather used to say!
My tummy still feels quite bloated from all the gas they pump in to the abdominal cavity but gradually decreasing.
My fluid intake has been really good. I woke up with a start from my nanna nap today and grabbed my bedside thermo cup and guzzled before I realised what I was doing.....buuger, bugger, shit, poop, damn that hurt!

Keep going for gentle strolls, that will help the wind move and if you have some get some peppermint tea down. Peppermint is excellent for wind expulsion & wind pain.

Hope you feel better soon Wind and Fluid Retention 217555

Sandy
Back to top Go down
jelly

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Wind and Fluid Retention   Wind and Fluid Retention EmptySat 18 May 2013, 3:50 am

I also put on several kilo's while i was in hospital due to fluid retention. I also suffered from bloat post op, i thought i was going to explode as i look as though i was nine months pregnant.

The fluid retention and bloat did subside after around two weeks but i do have a ongoing struggle with constipation, but that is another story.
Back to top Go down
scoots266
scoots266

Female
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Wind and Fluid Retention   Wind and Fluid Retention EmptySat 18 May 2013, 2:51 am

I didn't even start passing wind till about day 3, so don't worry. Also, i would be trying to get some more fluid in, if you can, try sipping constantly throughout the day, it will help flush out th fluid that is already there, try to aim for 1.5-2 litres a day.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Wind and Fluid Retention   Wind and Fluid Retention EmptyFri 17 May 2013, 12:42 pm

I felt really bloated those first couple of days so I know how you are feeling. It gets better, I am now 9 weeks down the track.
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Re: Wind and Fluid Retention   Wind and Fluid Retention EmptyFri 17 May 2013, 11:38 am

Allaboutme

Thanks it is really worrying me I am day 3 today but maybe it will happen tomorrow I think if I got rid of the fluid I would be much more comfortable my wee is still yellow and its night time not to dark but not clear either. Can't wait for the rippers.
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Wind and Fluid Retention   Wind and Fluid Retention EmptyFri 17 May 2013, 11:29 am

I spent day 3 on the loo every 20mins, it eventually releases. Doc told me it was released from my third space???
I didn't pass wind much either and I thought I would never get rid of the gas pain but it got better, probably abut a week before I really started t eat them rip lol.
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

PostSubject: Wind and Fluid Retention   Wind and Fluid Retention EmptyFri 17 May 2013, 11:06 am

I am day 3 post op and I am having trouble with both wind and fluid retention I am breaking wind but not very often in fact I was doing more on opti before the op and I am going to do wee but not that much either. I put on 3.5kg in hosp and I was only there 2 days but when I weighed myself the nurse sitting near the scales said don't worry its water retention.

When I said to my own nurse she said when it releases I will be on the toilet all day but nothing is happening and I feel like a balloon ready to burst. My stomach is quite firm but no pain.

I am managing around 1lt of fluids a day and about 300mls of puree a day over around 4/5 meals.

Am I impatient or should I contact the hosp as Dr is now closed for weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wind and Fluid Retention   Wind and Fluid Retention Empty

Back to top Go down

Wind and Fluid Retention
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: