Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Surgery Booked, Super release applied for, insurance in Place, now to play the waiting game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
belle82

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-11-30

Surgery Booked, Super release applied for, insurance in Place, now to play the waiting game Empty
PostSubject: Surgery Booked, Super release applied for, insurance in Place, now to play the waiting game   Surgery Booked, Super release applied for, insurance in Place, now to play the waiting game EmptyThu 28 May 2015, 1:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been obese for 10 years now. I was diagnosed with Graves disease 8 years ago and had radioactive iron treatment. Unfortunately due to treatment my Thyroid is now underactive which is partly why I have trouble loosing weight. But lets be honest I eat too much.

I have really gotten on track over the past 2 years. I went and sore a health coach who had a real holistic approach so now I eat really well and exercise 5 times a week. Thanks to my health coach I also have a high appreciation of myself and have a lot more confidence. Unfortunately it is just not enough. I have a sedentary job and just eat too much. I am so tired of the emotion that goes with this journey and really hope the Gastric Sleeve is going to make it all happen for me.

I am having surgery on 4 December with Jon Armstrong in Perth. I have Bupa hospital cover. My out of pocket(super) expenses will be about $6500 all going to plan. I am from the country so I have also booked self contained accommodation walking distance to the hospital to try and make life a bit easier. (Another $1000)

I have a few questions if anyone can help;

1. How long did it take to hear if you could have your super released and what are the steps after the Government approves?
  2. I am planning on going back to work 10 days after surgery. I work in an office and have a stand up sit down desk. Will I be OK? I am going back to work for 4.5 days and then the office closes for the Christmas Break
  3. Can anyone report on what happened when they had a leak? How long where they in hospital for when that happened?

I have a few things I am looking forward too once I have dropped the weight. I want to give stand up paddle boarding a try, I am going to buy a really nice genuine leather jacket and enjoy roller coaster rides again! I am also dreaming of being able to buy more clothes. I have been investigating what my style is going to be. SO EXCITING!

Regards
Belle82 Surgery Booked, Super release applied for, insurance in Place, now to play the waiting game 355206
Back to top Go down

Surgery Booked, Super release applied for, insurance in Place, now to play the waiting game
Page 1 of 1