Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SisterKiKi

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super?   Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? EmptyMon 26 Nov 2012, 9:05 am

I had just had my super approved today! Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? 289141

I just have to send it off to QSuper and should have it back just in time for my Dec 13th surgery date.Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? 21984

Its gonna be a liquid Christmas!

Can anyone tell me how you do the tracker things down the bottom?
Back to top Go down
wannabe_rockStar
wannabe_rockStar

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super?   Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? EmptyFri 23 Nov 2012, 9:26 am

Wow 6 months! Mine was approved in 10 days and the money in my account about a week later. But I claimed before my op not after so don't know if that makes a difference?
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture
demilanni

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super?   Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 7:34 am

I have basic cover with HCF. I gave them the item number and they covered everything except my excess. I had to pay the anesthesiologist myself but when I went to claim on Medicare they sent a claim to HCF for me and I got a little extra back. It took 6 months for my super to be approved, came through a month after my surgery!
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super?   Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 3:58 am

Hi sisterKiki

Any additional hospital costs would not be covered by your superannuation. When you access your super you need to provide the costs upfront and I think you can only make one application in any 12 month period. If you had complications you could probably transfer to the public system however I don't think Jorrie has access to the public hospital. You should alo ask Jorrie about scans and xrays and then obtain a quote from Gold Coast Radiology as the swallow test after the surgery costs $480.00 and only $123 can be claimed from medicare. I didn't factor in xrays,scans etc. and ended out being out of pocket close to $5,000 and that was after medicare and HCF had paid. My advice on this question is to wait until you have private health cover otherwise you may end up seriously financially in a mess.

You will be in good hands with Jorrie andhs team

G
Back to top Go down
Aunty_D

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super?   Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 3:28 am

I am with HCF and used my super... My Dr provided does a total out of pocket cost inc anaesiologist so all I had to give DHS was a copy of my HCF excess paperwork...

Probably doesn't help sorry....
Back to top Go down
SisterKiKi

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super?   Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 3:17 am

i'm with HCF but only have extras cover. Wishing i got full hospital cover now! Am waiting to hear from DHS with approval to access my super.

GlenMaree...I'm going to Dr Jordaan too. he is so lovely and supportive.

Just a question, what if the surgery has complications and you end up having to stay longer in hospital? Does super then cover that?

Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? 302927
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: item numbers   Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? EmptyFri 17 Aug 2012, 1:24 am

Hi

I got the item numbers from the surgeon and gas man and then took them to HCF - zzHCF then gave me the refund amounts which I provided to DHS. I would call the surgeons office and ask for the itme numbers

G
Back to top Go down
wannabe_rockStar
wannabe_rockStar

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super?   Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? EmptyThu 16 Aug 2012, 8:32 am

I have Top Hospital cover with HCF.

I was filling out the Early release of super form and had to provide details of my health cover rebate. Went to the local HCF office and they had no idea what I was talking about! So rang the DHS and they said that they needed to know what costs HCF would cover. Soooo, went back to the local office and she said she couldn't provide me with those details because the quote that the surgeon had given me was a generic one and not specific to me!!

I didn't even bother ringing the 13 number cos that just puts you through to your local office!

I just sent the application off anyway cos I didn't want to waste anymore time. Is anyone else with HCF? What did you get from them to send with your application?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super?   Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have PHI with HCF and applied for early release of Super?
Page 1 of 1